PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Yammie Blaster

yamaman
09-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Iv seen a few posts where some of you have mentioned Blasters as though your talking from expeirience and not guessing,all im after is unbiased 'rider review' on this quad,not whats better or whatever,but how you personally think they ride.Want something thats obviously not slow,but its only for 'blasting' round local feilds on!!

any input be appreciated!!

(was lookin at Banshees but seen as though its basically a fun bike these sem a cheaper option?)

Dynofox
09-12-2003, 08:48 PM
I love my bro's 03 blaster. I just put his new pro circuit pipe and silencer on last night and it moves right a long now. For the money you really can't beat them and the fact that they've been out so long makes finding parts easy. My friend has an 02 but the 03 is better due to the hydro brakes.

350Xccelerator
09-15-2003, 08:03 PM
blasters are super fun to just mess around on, they're really good for wheelies, i know alot of people that have them.

Tri-Z Pilot
10-04-2003, 05:16 AM
Yeah blasters really kick a#$ They are not something so fast that it jerks your arms out of socket, id say they have a nice mellow powerband when they are stock, but the name really says it all they are a blast to ride. They are really easy to work on and upgrade, due to being around for so long and being air cooled, also a blaster with a 240 big bore, pipe&silencer, and bigger carb will smoke a stock 250r.

Russell 350X
10-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Blasters are a fun little machine, tho I have never drove one I have watched and have been impressed by how people can hop them around and do tricks. They look like loads of fun!

trykenandy
11-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Blasters are a really fun bike, but beware if your a tall rider! It has a short wheelbase and your knees will hit the handlebars if your too tall. Its considered an entry level machine but make no mistake that it has the potential to scream!!

TRI-Zbrian
11-14-2003, 12:39 PM
i dout that a blaster will beat a 250r but on another note i think blasters are alll around good bikes to play around on but from what i have learned if you start getting serios on them and try to drive them like a 250 liquid cooled machine or of the same they tend to pop pop as in i mean they lock up and blow up all of the time my friend of mine has rebuilt his like 3 times now all because he has to much exprience and he trys to drive it lika bigger bike that can take it. but if you dont beat on them they are nice bikes but and this is a big BUT (DONT RACE THEM DOWN THE ROAD THEY BLOW UP VERY QUICKLY) even with the old school way of driving a 2 stroke ware you let into it for a sec or two then let off a bit then get back into it blaster engines dont like it at all.
in wide open places they SUCK but in small confined places like a pit or something they are a BLAST.

and yes i used to own one im not just speaking out of my trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro also id like to say that that whole 240 kit deal ware they say it will make the blaster beat 250r i think is total crap think about it these engines cant take much of a beating in stock condition you do the 240 kit and there will be even more ware and tear on it your just asking for a money pit.

i think they are good all around play bikes and and maybe good for racing on a small track ware they are not going to be pegged all of the time.

but then again if you have the money to waste there is a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro load of parts made for them.
they are very peppy for what they are as said before they do about 60 MPH out of the box and put out 18 hourse power for what you are looking for just something to play around on i think it would be a good buy but if you ever get into racing get something like a banshee you will be much better off but for now the blaster is fine. im 6,3 200 pounds and my old 92 blaster i used to have would hall me around just fine and shoot roost if i wanted it to and weelly on camand

please dont flame me on this guys this just from my personal experienc with the blaster and what i have learned

HemiChallenger71
11-14-2003, 01:01 PM
I guess the question is, how big are you? A tall or heavy rider may feel hindered by a Blaster, they arent the biggest machines. Otherwise they are dead reliable if you keep the plugs changed and put in gas and oil, and a good machine to learn on. Also easy to ride when. If you're a more experienced rider you may feel the Blaster in stock form lacks what you want or are used to power wise.

YAMAHA_Jim
11-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Hemi. frequently changing sparkplugs doenst make any machine reliable.My blaster(2000) is on its second sparkplug in 3 yrs.I changed it b/c i needed a sparkplug for another machine and I didnt have any spares. I'd say I'm a more experienced rider and I can do the same thing with a stock or modded blaster. Actually,where I ride,I would choose a stock blaster over a heavily modded one,you usually dont get past 2nd or 3rd gear and having a mega modded machine is useless.

HemiChallenger71
11-14-2003, 09:02 PM
On mine when I used the stock recommended plug they fouled out once a month of heavy riding, if I used a high performance plug, they lasted as long as I kept them in. When I say foul out too, I mean when the bike starts to hesitate and not run as good as it does with a new plug. I notice it in my machines often, on my blaster it ran fine but when I changed the plug I noticed a big difference. That's just me I guess, if it runs ride it.