PDA

View Full Version : check it out, just picked this up-GOT IT RUNNING

Mr_RPM
08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
well someone brought in a 1986 4 moto 80 to my dads work because it was smoking out the exhaust. well they tore it down and it needed piston and rings. well the people did'nt want to pay that and didn't even want to pick it up at that point.

well they had a bill of 100 for the tear down. well my dad offered to pay it if he got the quad.
he already ordered piston rings and valve guide seals. he just honed the cylinder and the old piston looks usable he says. so sweet.
it should be a fun little commuter but if not then i already found a guy in my area looking for a small quad for a 225 dx lol

it looks just like this, ill get up pics after i get my 110 done (i use disposable camera's for now)

Shorty
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Nice! Never were a fan of yammer's but still nice bike.

Mr_RPM
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
oh i know i have a personal grudge with yamaha, haha i told you why too.

Shorty
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
oh i know i have a personal grudge with yamaha, haha i told you why too.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.........

Mr_RPM
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
here is the devil quad before i traded it. this resembles all the bad luck in my life.

thestud25
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I have tons of parts for that. Including a Yamaha YFM Champ 100cc motor that will bolt right in. Let me know. I would make you a good deal on it.

Shorty
08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
here is the devil quad before i traded it. this resembles all the bad luck in my life.

Ugg that quad LOOKS cursed. I mean it looks kinda ugly and then I see that that header pipe... THAT thing looks like a banana pipe for a street bike.:lol:

Honda RULES...........Yamaha drools...lol

Mr_RPM
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
full DG pipe. it was all souped up when i got it. stage 1 hot cam, 10.5:1 piston. i bought the rear tires and bumper for it.
i bought it with the fenders like that.

hang&rattle
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I love the 80's 4-wheelers. We had so much fun as kids on them. Load our girlfriends and buddy's on them and go to the rivers and up in the mountains. Late night cruises under the stars and even in highschool could meet kids out in our stompin' grounds at kegs on our quads. I'm not partial to brand, especially on trikes. And, not trying to cause a controvesy, would rather work on my Tecate than any of our honda's. They had the market cornerd in sales, but have some funny designs that are like :wondering, what was the company with 90% of the sales in the 80's thinking? Hey, thanks R.P.M, that little 4-wheeler popped great memories into my head.

Mr_RPM
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
haha yeah little quads are the best. same reason why i love my 110. and as for brand i joke around and stuff but i dont care what it is just as long as i can get parts for it and its nice. anything can last just as long as its taken care of.

except that warrior, i will never buy a warrior ever again.

rdlsz24
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Cool little quad

Rob

dirtjunkie85
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM
looks fun lets try to backflip it! haha

Mr_RPM
08-08-2010, 09:21 PM
took it for a ride today and i gotta say its one of the most fun machiness i have ever ridden. it handles soooo goood and the tires kick out to the side super easily. i can lock up the brakes and do a 180 and it has never wanted to bite and flip. its quite the drifter lol. or it will just push around the turns and almost never wants to tip. its sooo fun.
also its pretty quick. it probably does a good 30MPH and feels pretty stable at that speed.
very fun and well worth the money