PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x in geneseo ny, which one of you guys snatched it on me??!!

RIDE-RED 250r
08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
lol, just wondering since there are quite a few NY 3ww nuts here.....i had a deal sealed with the guy to trade for my rifle and someone gave him 200$ OVER his asking price! i was so excited to add a descent 200x to my stable......anyway, im not mad, just dissapointed and curious to see if someone here bought it.....

ATCeeya
08-05-2010, 12:10 AM
lol..i had to talk myself outta that thing. not many 86 running 200x's around here for 400 OBO being listed even if it did need some work.

RIDE-RED 250r
08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
i hear ya.. the seller wanted 400 obo or trade for a center fire rifle...had the deal worked out, was just about to leave to go get it the next day and GONE! :(

oldtime3wheeler
08-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Kind of sucks that the guy broke the deal with you without giving you a chance to match it.

puggerton03
08-06-2010, 11:37 AM
It looked BEAT.

atvnut
08-06-2010, 06:42 PM
i saw that too.....something told me beware...never followed up

2Tim215
08-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Wasn't that the guy with the 250SX? He wasn't far from Raffa's place up off of 45. I just missed the 200X but bought the 250SX. It needs a lot but ran great, I took it out in his trails and ran strong. It looks rough but Motor and bearings all seemed tight. Seemed like a nice guy to me, wanted 550.00 or rifle, gave it to me for 400.00 with some extra parts. Sorry to hear you also missed the 200x! Now I need a parts bike for the plastics, a few cables, breather, etc.!!! Anyone near Penn Yan, NY??? Went by Bryan's but figured he was down in FL for Ronnies funeral, thought I saw a nice Tri-Z sticking out of his garage though!

D-dub
08-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Thats definatly a mega P-off when that happens.

2Tim215
08-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I buy and sell on Craigslist and learned that when you see it, go get it, or it will be gone! The other side is that to many times people say they are coming and never show up. I have wasted days on no-shows when I could have been out buying another trike:p!, or getting some work done on my shop. Personally if I struck a deal and agreed to it I would have waited until the next day before offering it to someone else. Sorry to see you missed that one. Hopefully another one will pop up soon for you! I recently missed a near mint 250SX. They were only asking 850.00 and it looked new but my truck had some issues and it was a bit of a drive, needless to say I lost that one!:(

RIDE-RED 250r
08-06-2010, 08:56 PM
oh i agree....because of my jobs unpredictable schedule (trucker) i told him i would come out at the soonest opportunity, but no later than saturday and i told him i understood if he sold it before i got the chance to get there, but he really wanted my rifle and said he would hold it till saturday if needed.....but its ok, i dont blame him for selling 200 over his asking price. no hard feelings at all. i also knew it was rough, i just have a special soft spot for the little 86 200x and was going to fix her up. i was mainly curious to see if anyone here on 3ww was the person who picked it up.....

2TIM215: you bought the SX off him huh? after he repeatedly apoligized to me he sent me a pic of it...it looked pretty good to me for the price he was asking......i almost went for it, but since i barely have enough sheltered storage space for one more trike i wanted it to be a 200x if i got anything at all......

for plastics for the SX, pm member Chillian, hes a good friend of mine. he has some 86 and POSSIBLY some 85 SX stuff and if the plastics are the same he might be able to help you out.......i think he has an extra set of rear fenders but im not 100% sure....

2Tim215
08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
oh i agree....because of my jobs unpredictable schedule (trucker) i told him i would come out at the soonest opportunity, but no later than saturday and i told him i understood if he sold it before i got the chance to get there, but he really wanted my rifle and said he would hold it till saturday if needed.....but its ok, i dont blame him for selling 200 over his asking price. no hard feelings at all. i also knew it was rough, i just have a special soft spot for the little 86 200x and was going to fix her up. i was mainly curious to see if anyone here on 3ww was the person who picked it up.....

2TIM215: you bought the SX off him huh? after he repeatedly apoligized to me he sent me a pic of it...it looked pretty good to me for the price he was asking......i almost went for it, but since i barely have enough sheltered storage space for one more trike i wanted it to be a 200x if i got anything at all......

for plastics for the SX, pm member Chillian, hes a good friend of mine. he has some 86 and POSSIBLY some 85 SX stuff and if the plastics are the same he might be able to help you out.......i think he has an extra set of rear fenders but im not 100% sure....

Thanks, I'll give him a try for the SX parts. Also just remembered he had a brake caliber and cable that went with the 200X. It was in the box of parts he gave me for the SX so if the guy who bought the 200X is out here he has it for you!