PDA

View Full Version : southern wisconsin ice racing approves studs and 3 wheeler class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sbjones73
08-16-2010, 01:53 AM
ok guys and gals. i got back from the summer meeting of the swira club (southern wisconsin ice racers) and they have agreed to let us trikes have our own class. it is an open class, so run what you brung!!!!!!!!! no limitations. (no nitrous or anything like that of course)

also they have agreed to let us RUN STUDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been working on this for some time. now i have to try and get the word out about this so we can have 3 or more people in this class. or they won't run it.

it will be a trophy class for the first year and if we choose, it could turn into a money class if enough people get interested.

see swiraclub.com web site for more information on rules. but the 2010 classes are not posted yet. pm me if you want more information on the club, the trike class or whatever.

i would like to see us get enough of us out there and have a blast racing. also use these machines that we rpize so much, like they are meant to be used------ RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

atc110
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
sbjones- i'm millcreekspeed on airfoolers. we've talked before, and although my bike's not totally ready i am interested. i have nothing for nerf bars. i've got a kill switch, but need to install it. Let me know the current status. i think i pm'd you on airfoolers too.

cumminstroker
11-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Where in southern WI do you race? I live right near Fond du Lac by Winnebago and my cousin and I might be interested if its not too far.

atc110
11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
First scheduled race is in Fort Atkinson on Jan 2.

http://www.swiraclub.com/

mtsnieg
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I've checket them out before. Been to Sundet Bar , on Lake Koshnegom. Ice fished there last year while they were racing. Some really cool stuff. I like how in the class section the trike class is labeled as outlaw. ATVs have to have nerf bars. I assume trikes would fall under that. I don't wanna cobble up something for my 200x. Aftermarket exhaust on thumpers have to have a turn down, bummer. I'll prolly make it to the first race, prolly watchin. But screamin round the lake on my x too.

Bryan Raffa
11-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Good deal ,, hope you guys have a BIG turnout!!!

sbjones73
12-28-2010, 12:05 AM
man, i am glad to see that people are interested. i will not be racing this season. i had a truck rollover accident and just had surgery. but i will be out there some time during the season to do some video's i hope.

for you guys or gals that are making it out there. you have to have nerf bars and a kill switch plus the regular safety things (helmet etc. ), don't worry about the turn down on the exhaust. they aren't that strict.

if you plan on going just to ride around on the ice, be careful. the DNR is out there and they do hand out tickets if your trike is not registered!!!!!!!!

like i said i plan on being out there some time to do some videoing and to meet some of the trike guys. plus to show my face to the board memebers so they remember me!!!!!!!!!! by the way my name is steve, that way you all know me if i come up to you !!!!!!!!

hope to see some of you out there!!!!!!!!!!!
go to swiraclub.com for rules and reg's
thanks

LETS SUPPORT TRIKE RACING, GET OUT THEIR AND RACE !!!!!!!!!!!!

sbjones73
12-29-2010, 07:37 PM
lets see if there is any ice!!!!!!. they are calling for nearly 50 degree's up here. wow

sbjones73
01-02-2011, 02:31 AM
2011 ice racing season is starting up tomorrow. i will be out there with a camcorder. i hope that several trikes show up.

i will do my best to get some vids of racing and post some up here.

i hope to see some of you guys out there. i will be the one with the camcorder and the neck brace on. my name is steve

sbjones73
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
well to my surprise. no trikes showed up,, not a one. i have to say that i was pretty disappointed. but i am still going to keep trying.

i might just take mine out there and show people that i am serious about racing but just can't becuase of my surgery.

we shall see.

mtsnieg
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I didn't make it there last Sunday, I was out racint around Rome pond with some buddies. I know I can't make it this sunday, but think I can make it there next Sunday. Don't know if I'll be bringing a trike, have to get them regisgtered yet. Thinking about making some fenders for my buddies kids 50 and getting him out there. We have him racint around the track on my lake and oh man, that little bugger can really fly into the corners.

sbjones73
01-10-2011, 07:25 PM
well no one made it to the race with trikes. not a one. but oh well. i will be out there next year for sure!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisD
01-10-2011, 09:54 PM
If I lived closer, I would be there. I love racing the golfcarts!

TimSr
01-11-2011, 10:34 PM
well no one made it to the race with trikes. not a one. but oh well. i will be out there next year for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get discouraged. I spent several years racing alone, and posting each one, begging for other trikers to join me. Out of frustartion I started calling peopel "armchair racers". It was six years later before I finally got people to start racing with me, and only after organizing races at a large trike gathering. Once a few start, then lots more will follow, but nobody wants to be the first guy out there. I would advise talking your way into running your trike in quad classes, and when you eventually get another rider or two to join you, then ask for a trike class. The worst thing you can do is build of expectations of turnout, make arrangements for trike classes and having no one show up. They will never take you seriously after that.

sbjones73
01-12-2011, 02:53 AM
thanks tim, for the words of encouragement. i talked to like 20 trike guys that are in my area. all said they would for sure race if there was a class. even called like 9 of them the weekend before, they said they were really looking forward to it and wouldn't miss it. so i was really looking forward to it. but hey, it's ok. it all has to start some where!!!!!!!!! i will be out there, and they will let trikes race with quads if not enough trikes show up.

after i heal from my neck surgery, i will be out there!!!!!!!!!!
again, tim. thanks for everything that you and your otc guys have done and are still doing!!!!!!!!! i always look forward to watching your vids !!!!!!!!!!!