PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new quad

Lomax
08-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Just bought a Hyosung TE450S fourwheeler about 2 weeks ago. Seems to be a pretty nice quad other than some factory jetting and overly stiff suspension issues. Wanting to get an exhaust for it but Havent had much luck, my previous fourwheeler was a Cannondale so having a hard time finding stuff is nothing new to me. Just kinda wondering if anyone else had one and what they thought about it.
-Will

rdlsz24
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Never really looked into them until just now. Looks kinda like a z400. 52 horses stock?? wow. Does it feel that fast?

Rob

Mr_RPM
08-18-2010, 02:03 PM
i was at a motorcycle show about 2 years ago and we checked them out and were kinda making fun of them and the representer guy was getting mad. They look like a Chinese re-make of a z400. But in all reality we have no proof to weather they are cheap crap or an amazing quad.

Cannondale ehhh? you have a thing for rare quads that have almost no after market support. thats what would stop me from buying the Hyosung in the first place is finding parts. Let us know how you like the quad and how it holds up and how if performs compared to its big name competition. It would be pretty cool if they turned out to be faster than everyone out of box stock and no one even knew.

Vootie
08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd like to hear your opinions of the TE also. I have a thing for the rare machines, I love learning as much as I can about them. Was your 'dale the 440? I almost picked one up a few weeks back but couldn't come up with the funds in time.

Lomax
08-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Performance wise, The motor is pretty strong, you can tell that its held back alot by the stock fuel system. The exhaust is very open without a baffle (which it did not come with). I am going to try a stock 450R carb on it i think to see what that does. This isnt my First hyosung, so i have a little experience with them. I actually traded my Hyosung Aquila street bike for this quad. I have a set of holeshots for the rear on some T-9 beadlocks and i am going to get a set of holeshots for the front on some new rims. The stock wheels are really nice i think but for me to get this trade without involving money i had to swap tires (the dealer kept the new wheels, tires and plastics, and i took some off of a used one). Still a good deal on my part i think. The plastics look nice but the tires are worn from being up and down the road. I pu up some pics of it when i get some. I agree with you Mr-RPM on the fact that it does have a little bit of a cheaper look to it. From my experience with Hyosung they are very well made machines though.
My Cannondale was a 440 when it was stock. I had ALOT of work done to mine, I was just bored with it and wanted something different. I will post pics of it in a few days if i can get the time to take some
-Will

dirtdemon
08-25-2010, 01:23 AM
theres no need for plastics my 1993 king quad doesnt need em i dont even get realy muddy?

Lomax
08-25-2010, 10:47 PM
theres no need for plastics my 1993 king quad doesnt need em i dont even get realy muddy?

What are you talking about?

brapp
08-26-2010, 12:21 AM
dont plan on racing or any major jumps i agree ont he suspensionbeign stiff. i had one for abotu 2 weeks, broke the frame right behind the upper a arms on the frame and the steerign stem cracked and bent badly also in my oppinion they are not verry well made the power wasnt bad ran right with my buddys yfz and my 450r i had just the fit and finish overall and findign parts was a issue too so we mad eit dissapear lol

Lomax
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I was in a bad spot with my motorcycle the i traded for this quad. It was a deal my ex-wife got me in. I couldnt sell it as i owed more than it was worth and i am always on my ninja so i never rode it. This quad was a way out of a streetbike and a way to get me another quad. I mean i got the banshee but i wanted something i could trail ride without having to run wide open everywhere. Jumping isnt a real issue for me, my knee wont let me do it much anymore and racing friends through the woods or sand drags is all i am going to be doing in the high speed department. I have noticed a few places in the frame that i may make gussets for. I dunno Its like the Cannondale, Its different and i am really interested in tweakin here and there and see what i come up with. Im sure it will be a waste of money (just like many other projects) but hey, we all need a hobby.
-Will