Cuztom Racing
08-19-2010, 03:02 AM
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/mcy/1905426011.html

code200k
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
i would be all over that

swampthang
08-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Thats totally worth going and looking at for $275. Wish a deal like that would come my way.

Ironbnder
08-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Finally a deal by me. I can't see craigslist untill I get home after 6. Work computer has got it blocked. Can someone see if the add has a phone number and pm me please?

Ironbnder
08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Just spoke to the guy and he said it is all original, still has the dual headlight, was running and riding but burnt a piston. He said it would cost him $450.00 to fix. He said the seat had a tear in it and the rear fenders were junk. He is e-mailing me pics right now and if it looks worth it, I am taking off work to go look at it.

I am a HONDA guy so you Yamahammer riders please tell me if this is a must buy or a depends and if so - depends on what? I will probably just break it down and sell it to you all.

Thanks sportvette for the number!

code200k
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
it is a good deal.if it really just needs a top end then that would be awsome..fyi if it is yellow and black or red and black it is a 5 speed 85/85.5 white and red is 6 speed and an 86.just make sure the bottom end aint seized up or nothing.good luck

swampthang
08-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Im a honda guy myself but when i came acrossed my Tri-z i had to have it. Im not prejudice when it comes to 2 stroke power! Plus there a little rarer than a honda so they get some points there. Just look it over and see what all is still good on it and remember you can always part it out and get your cash back.

Ironbnder
08-19-2010, 03:19 PM
I still have not got any pics from him, so I called him back and ask if $275 was negotionable and he said yes come make him an offer. Its 90 minutes away so I am out of here and will let you all know tommorrow!

Cuztom Racing
08-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I still have not got any pics from him, so I called him back and ask if $275 was negotionable and he said yes come make him an offer. Its 90 minutes away so I am out of here and will let you all know tommorrow!

Sweet! Glad i could help! Post pics when u get it!

Ironbnder
08-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Well I bought it. Drove 2 hours in the rain to get to the trike. It was not at his house but two towns over. It was really ruff but had alot of good parts to be salvaged. I told him I drove all that way for nothing and he asked if I was interested in an 85 R. While trying not to jump out of my skin, I told him I would take a look at it. He shows me an average, but complete liquid R with the motor off and in a box, saying that it had a bad lower bearing. He wanted $400 for it. I offered him $500 for both, and crammed 2 rollers and 2 totes full of parts in my short-wheel base truck, with toolbox and came home smiling! I will get some pics up later, I am going to the shop now to evaluate my prizes.

Thanks Custom Racing for starting this thread!

ATCeeya
08-20-2010, 06:31 PM
sounds like you did well.. a tri-z and an 85 R. Id call that a good score!

Cuztom Racing
08-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Well I bought it. Drove 2 hours in the rain to get to the trike. It was not at his house but two towns over. It was really ruff but had alot of good parts to be salvaged. I told him I drove all that way for nothing and he asked if I was interested in an 85 R. While trying not to jump out of my skin, I told him I would take a look at it. He shows me an average, but complete liquid R with the motor off and in a box, saying that it had a bad lower bearing. He wanted $400 for it. I offered him $500 for both, and crammed 2 rollers and 2 totes full of parts in my short-wheel base truck, with toolbox and came home smiling! I will get some pics up later, I am going to the shop now to evaluate my prizes.

Thanks Custom Racing for starting this thread!

No prob man! Gald to help a fellow gear head! Post some pics when u get a chance!

Dirtcrasher
08-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow, you did well!!!!!