Shorty
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1917671389.html

88 Turbo Coupe
08-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Here's some ones chance to have a super nice 70!! Tempting, hmmm

dksix
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm new to trikes and probably won't ever be into them like some are. Which brings up the question, will someone really pay that for those bikes? Looking at the bikes, I'm sure there is no way you could hire one of those to be reproduced for double $3K. I admire the quality and workmanship but 3K for , at best, a pit bike???? This might be one of the times when "if it has to be explained, you won't understand". Who here would pay that much for one of those bikes?

thestud25
08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
There seems to be alot of work in those machines. However, there is no way he will ever get that much. He would be hard pressed to get 3k for the pair.

dksix
08-25-2010, 04:40 PM
There seems to be alot of work in those machines. However, there is no way he will ever get that much. He would be hard pressed to get 3k for the pair.

That's what I was thinking. Don't get me wrong, I see the work and understand the value but 3 grand buys allot of other things I'd choose first. When I was building guns it was nothing for me to end up with way more in them than they are worth. But, for me: I can't write a check for 3K without some heavy budgeting, advanced notice and some mean looks from the wife. I don't fault the guy for building them (that's something I would do) but in the end I have to be realistic about what the demographic who would be interested in buying it can pay and it just doesn't seem too logical that these will bring that kind of money, given what they can be used for and what other ATV's are readily available in that price range. I my mind that's a very small market he's aiming at and that market is mostly filled with the "build it, don't buy it" guys.

Shorty
08-25-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm new to trikes and probably won't ever be into them like some are. Which brings up the question, will someone really pay that for those bikes? Looking at the bikes, I'm sure there is no way you could hire one of those to be reproduced for double $3K. I admire the quality and workmanship but 3K for , at best, a pit bike???? This might be one of the times when "if it has to be explained, you won't understand". Who here would pay that much for one of those bikes?

Maybe KASEY would be interested in them......I know he dumps hundreds of dollars into his atc 70 build's. When it comes too 70's (or on any restore project really).......money go's FAST so I'm not surprised that he dumped all that money into them.

88 Turbo Coupe
08-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I would spend 3k on the A+ 70. Right now I'm buying ALOT of parts for the 85/6 250r's and my 89 TRX. Probobly spent in the last 2-3 months 3k on the parts alone. Just picked up a Walsh radiator and shrouds today and Elkas last week. 3 SideWinder chains almost 600 bucks, The list goes on......Not 2 mention I spent over 4k to have Wiseco pistons made. ouch

code200k
08-25-2010, 05:39 PM
the silver one has a sound system.!!!

dksix
08-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Maybe KASEY would be interested in them......I know he dumps hundreds of dollars into his atc 70 build's. When it comes too 70's (or on any restore project really).......money go's FAST so I'm not surprised that he dumped all that money into them.

I know how easy it is to end up with too much money in something, I've done it many times. (I'm parting out a car right now that I'm loosing my butt on). I guess more what I was asking it WILL these bring that much? And who buys them? I figure I will have twice what my 200x would bring if I were to sale it. That hasn't slowed me down though. I figure I'll have about $1500 in the 200x and the only thing I've paid to have done is the having the engine work done. I've shopped for the best value on all the parts I've bought and did all the other work myself, just the PC work would have been in the $500 range and I'd guess that I saved 50% on the parts vs going and buying them at the local shop. So , that would be in the 3K range to hire a turn key job and that's just for a nice looking 200x, those things are full custom build swapped trikes. I in no way was doubting that the value in the work that went into the finished trike but more the market for such.

Vealmonkey
08-25-2010, 07:23 PM
You really have to consider the rarity of the trikes. A 70 roller you can get pretty cheap. 200x's, you can get cheap too. How many people have seen a real A+ suspension 70 in person? I doubt very many. So that makes that trike worth more right from the start. I've had 2 A+ suspension 70s, one I sold to another board member here. Pit bikes are still being made. A+ suspension 70s will never be made again. There have been a couple near copies, but not exactly the same. And if you think they are rare, how many people have seen in person, a PK Suspension 70? I've got one of those too. It amazes me how people speak up about trikes they have never seen in person or ridden. There are people into 70s and suspension 70s. If you don't believe me, take a look on glamis dunes .com in their 70 section. Times are a little thn, but there are still people who desire trikes like this. And even more amazing about people who get excited or a pile of total crap and rusted trike parts that have sat outside for years. People are twisted. I mean, I don't think I know of more than 10, maybe 15 tops, A+ trikes and even fewer PK trikes. You guys really need to keep the negativity to a minimum when you don't know what you are talking about.

KASEY
08-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Amen veal buddy!!!! I guess we could plaster this thread with 70 pictures!! but he is right,,, if your not a 70GUY you will never understand,,, 70's rule the planet!!! and dumping a $1000 into a 70 is done without even breaking a sweat!!! like these!! you can't even begin to see all the details in them ,, so unless you are standing next to it you have no idea!!!! and THESE AREN'T YOUR KIDS 70'S EITHER!!!!
http://i35.tinypic.com/2dqo8qd.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/34erhva.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/mhars7.jpg

Shorty
08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
You really have to consider the rarity of the trikes. A 70 roller you can get pretty cheap. 200x's, you can get cheap too. How many people have seen a real A+ suspension 70 in person? I doubt very many. So that makes that trike worth more right from the start. I've had 2 A+ suspension 70s, one I sold to another board member here. Pit bikes are still being made. A+ suspension 70s will never be made again. There have been a couple near copies, but not exactly the same. And if you think they are rare, how many people have seen in person, a PK Suspension 70? I've got one of those too. It amazes me how people speak up about trikes they have never seen in person or ridden. There are people into 70s and suspension 70s. If you don't believe me, take a look on glamis dunes .com in their 70 section. Times are a little thn, but there are still people who desire trikes like this. And even more amazing about people who get excited or a pile of total crap and rusted trike parts that have sat outside for years. People are twisted. I mean, I don't think I know of more than 10, maybe 15 tops, A+ trikes and even fewer PK trikes. You guys really need to keep the negativity to a minimum when you don't know what you are talking about.

I wasn't trying to be negitive about it. I KNOW how rare these suspension frames are.And I KNOW how much they go for.I have seen one A+ inc 70 suspension in person before too.

Shorty
08-25-2010, 08:17 PM
KASEY;907196]Amen veal buddy!!!! I guess we could plaster this thread with 70 pictures!! but he is right,,, if your not a 70GUY you will never understand,,, 70's rule the planet!!! and dumping a $1000 into a 70 is done without even breaking a sweat!!! like these!! you can't even begin to see all the details in them ,, so unless you are standing next to it you have no idea!!!! and THESE AREN'T YOUR KIDS 70'S EITHER!!!!

Nice pics! Whats the top speed for the blue one?

KASEY
08-25-2010, 08:24 PM
66 mph with a gps,,,

dksix
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM

I didn't mean any negativity. You are right I don't know much about trikes at all. I meant for my post to be inquisitive, not negative. I didn't even know what A+ suspension meant, I thought that the A+ was a reference to the condition and that the suspension was a modification. I've saw a suspension 70 in one of the members here has in his sig, but thought it was a custom made set up. I'm glad I asked, at least I learned something.

atc500x
08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Where did you took the front fender on the white one? I'm building a suspension 70 ans try to find a good front fender

Vealmonkey
08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Let's see if these pics post up of my A+ and my PK Racing suspension frames. Also, if you find any postings from blue27 on here, click on his links to see his Mini Tiger to see how he tricked out an A+ suspension frame. These frames were built by aftermarket companies. The A+ frame is mild steel and the PK frame is Chromoly. These frames were pretty sophisticated for their time considering they were meant to house atc70 engines and were meant for youngsters. Not the caliber of a Tiger 80 mind you, but mind blowing for what they were. Any kid on one of these was the stuff. Now that we youngsters have grown up, we still like our toys and have some extra cash rolling around. And these make really sweet playtoys. I've got a suspension 70 progressing slowly from being scratch built that will have a chromoly frame and extended swingarm. And trust me, it won't be atc70 powered!!! It will be powered by the "Thunder From Down Under"! LOL But dig on these pics of the 2 frames. The other 3 pics are of the upper triple tree of the A+ frame and the other 2 pics are of my suspension 70 with my blue 83 engine and parts on it. The other suspension 70 is the one I sold to a board member on here in the same condition as when I got it with it's aftermarket engine and all. Also my A+ frame has just undergone some extensive mods . Engine mount reinforcements, front and rear disc brakes and some other bits as well. If you think a tricked out stock 70 is sweet, you gotta ride one with suspension. No comparison. And a real hit around a tail gate party!

D-dub
08-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Damn those suspended 70's are baddass!

Vealmonkey
08-26-2010, 01:25 AM
I don't know how many times I've posted these pictures and when most people hear suspension 70, they think of some modified stock frame. There is nothing stock about them other than the fact that they take 70 tank and fenders and engine and wheels and tires. They are longer than a stock 70. With the right rear shock, they are actually a really nice ride. And with a tricked out engine or a nice lilfan or big pit bike engine, they scream. The frame that is being built will have a really nice big engine, all honda and some aftermarket. It should be really wild.

harryredtrike
08-26-2010, 01:55 AM
the baddest 70 has a 250r engine in it

Vealmonkey
08-26-2010, 02:19 AM
It sure does. I do like the 4 stroke reliability though. Laydown 200x will be plenty I think.