PDA

View Full Version : Any bowhunters?(Bought Hoyt Maxxis 31)

jays375
08-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Well it has been about 8 years since my last new bow.My old one was a Darton Maverick RC.I have been kicking it around buying a new bow for a few years.Well I bit the bullet and just bought a Hoyt Maxxis 31.Won't be able to really shoot it until tommorow.Just wondering who here has one and what they think.I now alot of people really like Mathews.Not interested in a debate over which is better.

86trizinger
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I am gonna try to bow hunt some for the first time with my brother this season. He is really into it, so since I don't see him enough it will be good. I will be shooting a crossbow this year due to my shoulder injury.

I shot his his brand new Elite GT500. The Elite is amazing. It's set at 61 lbs and was so easy to pull back. Within 3 shots I was stacking arrows at 35 yards. I enjoy shooting but before I invest into a bow I am going to use the free crossbow I was given.

harryredtrike
08-27-2010, 12:45 AM
i shoot a recurve.screw all that fancy laser sited optic carbon fiber greatest thing ever bows

jays375
08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Used to shoot a recurve but just don't have the time or dedication to do it now.I wasn't asking your opinion on compound vs. recurve.Was asking to see how people like the Hoyt Maxxis 31.

brapp
08-29-2010, 12:44 AM
i s5till liek my mathesw icon a great bow in my oppinion, and i also ahve a buckmaster g2 also i shoot 3d with .

cattle-dog
08-29-2010, 08:08 AM
hoyt makes a excellent bow i used to shoot for hoyt in compitition for a couple of years, my partner terry canada was the main shooter and i was his handycap, hoyt makes some of the best bows on the market you will be pleased with it once you get it dialed in, as long as you got the correct drap for your pull you will be pleased, are you using a trigger release or using fingers? anyway you look at it it is you who has to be happy with your choice. give it a few weeks of shooting until you become comfortable with your hoyt i dont think you will be disapointed. cattle-dog