PDA

View Full Version : 1960's Nylint Ford Econoline truck, steel toy

3 on the Tree
09-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey guys, this is mine that I am trying to sell. It's a real cool conversation piece. I had it sitting at my dad's body shop for years holding business cards in the bed and everyone always commented on it. I hate to see it go, but times are tough and I need money to pay off some bills A.S.A.P.

Below is my Craig's List add. All contact information, pricing, and location is in the add. Thanks for looking.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/clt/1930394258.html

KASEY
09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
kool!!! i like trucks too,,, i have several hundred all the way around my garage!!!

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zvwdjm.jpg

3 on the Tree
09-01-2010, 12:49 AM
That's awsome, yeah I have a bit of everything myself; Buddy L, Nylint, Structo, Tonka, and some strange off brands. Most of what I have are from the 50's and 60's. Not nearly as many as you have though, I only have about a dozen. I'm getting F'd with school bills right now and unfortunately I have to sell some of these old relics. I really don't want to, honestly I wanted to save them for my kids some day but times are tough right now.

KASEY
09-01-2010, 01:06 AM
thats how i started collecting them,, me and the kids built a big place in the back yard.. the bigger it got the more trucks we needed,,, well now they are grown and gone... but i still have the trucks,,, someday my grand kids will play with real METAL trucks!!!

3 on the Tree
09-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Hell yeah, I want my kids to know that once-upon-a-time toys were made of durable materials. I am just old enough to have had some steel toys in my youth (I'm 24); just before the plastic generation.

2Tim215
09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
...I have four of the same one, two pink, the others blue. I used to be into the Econoline Vans and Pick-Ups, thats why I bought mine. I am thinking of cleaning one of them up and turning it into a 65 1/2 5 window Econoline Spring Special!

thestud25
09-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Throw it on Fee-Bay. There seems to be a market for them.

I retract that statement, does not seem to be much of a market on there right now.

3 on the Tree
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah I know nothing like this is really selling on e-gay. There is a market for them, but it is small. I need to pay a phone bill by Friday or else my phone will be turned off. I'm between jobs right now and I don't start my new job at Dodge until the 7th, so needless to say, I'm screwed for about the next 3 weeks.

yooperman
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
my dad had one of those that he repainted and sold,Was the real thing. Felt weird. Sitting in it and to drive it but was pretty cool and interesting.

3 on the Tree
09-02-2010, 06:29 PM
If you guys knows anybody who may be interested, please pass the word around. I'll let it go for $40 just to I can keep my phone on for another week. These models usually sell for between 70 and 90 on ebay, I just need the money quick or else I'd try listing it on there.

swampthang
09-02-2010, 06:33 PM
try these guys http://www.antiquearchaeology.com/

KASEY
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
How about i paypal you $40 to keep your phone on,, then when you can ,send it back??? HATE TO SEE YOU GIVE THE TRUCK AWAY... THEN REGRET IT.... JUST A SIMPLE NO INTREST LOAN FOR A LITTLE WHILE???

3 on the Tree
09-02-2010, 08:03 PM
To Swampthang - Oh ha ha lol.

3 on the Tree
09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Kasey, that is a real generous offer and I appreciate the gesture but I'd have to say no. This truck isn't one of my favorites so I won't be too sad to see it go. Yeah I need my phone to some extent, but it isn't the end of the world if it gets shut off for a week. I'd rather see the truck go to someone who'll truely appreciate it anyhow.

plastikosmd
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
just noticed someone sellin the real thing near me. wants 4 k for the truck tho..cool truck but needs a heck of a lot of work, and i have a money pit already