PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki info?

YAMAHA_Jim
09-16-2003, 08:08 PM
I just got a 93 Suzuki sidekick for free.It runs decent, needs an alternator,brakejob,and a tune up. Can anyone tell me the good and bad on this vehicle? Hopefully it wont blow up on me after I register/insure it.

smokinwrench
09-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Didn't the government out law the Sidekick for being to tippy in hard cornering situations. It makes since for someone who rides a neck breaking 3 wheeler to have one if that is true. :D

Josh

Ace Mon
09-17-2003, 10:34 AM
No , the sidekick was the replacement for the tippy samurai . I have had a couple friends that have owned them . They are gutless , but wheel very good ! No kidding ! You will be impressed Jimbo !

J.D.
09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Dunno much about Sidekicks, but I don't imagine they're ALOT different than a Samurai. I know a guy whoowns a lil ol Samurai, and he says it's way better at clmbing mountains and such than any other Jeep, it'll outclimb a mountain goat almost. WHERE ARE THE PICS DUDE?

thefox
09-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Nice score TriZ_Jim. I have '92 Sidekickand my brother has a '95 Geo Tracker (same thing). We have both had good luck with them. My dad bought the '92 in '94 and then I bought it from him last year. It has 86,000 miles on it but still runs excelent, no problems at all. My brother has had his '95 Tracker for 4 years and it is up to 115,000 miles, still no problems. We have taken them off roading and they handle great. Both are 4 wd which is needed up north because they are so light that they just slide around in the snow when in 2 wd. They are not such a great highway vehicle though because they are so light the wind pushes them around. I take mine 6 hours to school, but it is not that comfortable. One thing that I have notice is that after about 80,000 miles they develope a ticking from the engine (next summers project), I think it is the valves needing adjustment but I am not sure, it gets worse as the temperature gets colder. They still run great though.

-Andrew