PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a Clutch fan? LOL

NINJA
09-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I have every one of their albums and became a fan when I first heard 'Impetus' in 1999. Honestly, I feel that Robot Hive/Exodus was their best album. 10001110101 is a masterpiece of a song. If you really read into the lyrics and think about them, they have double if not triple meaning. I'd have to be stoned for a solid year to write the lyrics to that song and I myself am a poet. That song is very prophetic lyrically in the sense of the way technology is headed.

dcreel
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Clutch is awesome. The first ep with Impetus/Passive restraints/High caliber consecrator was the first thing I had heard from Clutch. Then I saw them with Marilyn Manson at a tiny ballroom in Tulsa, OK in 1995. Their lyrics are absolutely unique, as is the music. Warning: HEAVY would be an understatement.

Probably my favorite is spacegrass

lyrics:

Dodge Swinger 1973, Galaxy 500,
All The Way Stars' Green, Gotta Go.
Dodge Swinger 1973, Top Down, Chassis Low,
Panel Dim, Light Drive, Jesus On The Dashboard.
T-Minus Whenever It Feels Right, Galaxy 500.
Planets Align, A King Is Born.

Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right

Dodge Swinger 1973, Top Down, Chassis Free,
Buzz Aldrin, Armstrong, Or Maybe Just Me.
Don't Worry, It's Coming.
Don't Worry, It's Coming.
Jesus On The Dashboard.

Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right
I Turn On The Radio.

Hey Kid, Are You Going My Way?
Hop In, We'll Have Ourselves A Field Day.
We'll Find Us Some Spacegrass,
Lay Low, Watch The Universe Expand.
Skyway, Permanent Saturday.
Oh, By The Way, Saturn Is My Rotary.
Hop In, It'll Be Eternity
Till We Make It To M83.

Once Around The Sun, Cruising, Climbing.
Jupiter Cyclops Winks At Me, Yeah, He Knows Who's Driving.
Hit Neutral In The Tail Of A Comet.
Let The Vortex Pull My Weight.
Push The Seat Back A Little Lower.
Watch Light Bend In The Blower.
Planets Align.
A King Is Born.
Dodge Swinger.
Jesus On The Dashboard.

Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right
Whenever It Feels Right

Link to spacegrass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88HJnar9e8w

But if you ever get ANGRY!! listen to the song Binge & Purge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmVbCXGLkFQ

I've been known to yell the lyrics to Binge & Purge at the top of my lungs while on a drive..

NINJA
09-10-2010, 10:25 PM
LOL hell yeah, Spacegrass is an awesome song! I have many fond memories that go along with that one. They keep that one in the jukebox at the local pool joint.

wisconsinite
09-10-2010, 10:55 PM
yup, clutch rocks.

David komatina
09-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Clutch effin rules trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro yeah!

code200k
09-11-2010, 12:13 AM
wow.shows how young i am,thought you guys were talking about clutches vs automatics lol

newrider3
09-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Woo, great thread. Listening to Pure Rock Fury just as I stumbled upon this thread, definitely in the top 5 greatest bands for myself. Can't really name a favorite album, except to say that I don't own Beale Street, or Strange Cousins. The later stuff is still great, but the period between the self titled album and Pure Rock Fury, as well as Pitchfork and Slow Hole to China definitely win the most. I scored this (http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/newrider3/0423101616.jpg?t=1284181093) a while back, great to crank whilst in the garage (mostly because that is where my only turntable is though)...

If you really read into the lyrics and think about them, they have double if not triple meaning. I'd have to be stoned for a solid year to write the lyrics to that song and I myself am a poet.
Neil Fallon was an English major in college, hence the mythological and theological references in so many of the songs (or he's just a lyrical genius).

NINJA
09-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Neil Fallon was an English major in college, hence the mythological and theological references in so many of the songs (or he's just a lyrical genius).
Well, being a longtime listener and enthusiast of Clutch, I'm leaning toward the conclusion that Neil Fallon is a very intelligent man and a lyrical genius. Clutch is definitely a thinking man's band.

3wheelmecca
09-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Hell yeah, I am a fan of Clutch. I am not a big fan of their newer albums, but is interesting nonetheless. I like how Neil Fallon uses so much figurative language in his songs, makes you think. I am usually listening to it when bombing around with Newrider3, driving, going to the junkyard(s) or now. Favorite albums would be Transnational and Pitchfork. Listening to Wicker from Pitchfork & Lost Needles. Newrider turned me on to it. Thanks Danno!
"Like ravens on a scarecrow, too old to beat them off....."
"I rolled Jesse James like a cigarrete"

Revits72
09-11-2010, 10:16 AM
LOVE Clutch, I've seen them 7 times. They are touring soon with Black Label Society...Nov 5 in Grand Rapids Michigan. New and old it all rocks..."could have been a butterfly but was born a dragonfly"

hang&rattle
09-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Cool thread NINJA! Most of us were products of the 80's and early 90's music. This is a thread high-jacking if it's o.k.? Post grunge (early 90's), what was some of you guys favorite rock? The one that I like that was big, post 80 (early 90) music that I really got into was Fuel, hemorage, and shimmer. I really didn't listen much to anything in the 90's, little bit of offspring and greenpeace early stuff I spose'.

fabiodriven
09-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Clutch is the bees knees.

Mosh
09-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I love Spacegrass...

We have some real holy rollers that come into work with all kinds of religion strapped to thier dashboards, and the fish on the bumpers...
Every time he screams that, it makes me laugh.

haggard 2hundie
09-11-2010, 04:00 PM
BINGE AND PURGE has got to be the best wanna kick somebodys ass songs ever. escape from the prison planet space grass CLUTCH is a definate staple in my collection they just did a show in des moines a while back and are doing another near there i think in october.

cattle-dog
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
i to thought it was a clutch vs auto thing at first lol

NINJA
09-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Cool thread NINJA! Most of us were products of the 80's and early 90's music. This is a thread high-jacking if it's o.k.? Post grunge (early 90's), what was some of you guys favorite rock? The one that I like that was big, post 80 (early 90) music that I really got into was Fuel, hemorage, and shimmer. I really didn't listen much to anything in the 90's, little bit of offspring and greenpeace early stuff I spose'.
Fuel was around 2000, you're a decade off there. As far as early 90's grunge goes, Soundgarden was awesome, Life of Agony ruled, Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog, Screaming Trees, Pearl Jam's first album, etc. Type O Negative and Stone Temple Pilots were great in their own right at that time.

NINJA
09-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I love Spacegrass...

We have some real holy rollers that come into work with all kinds of religion strapped to thier dashboards, and the fish on the bumpers...
Every time he screams that, it makes me laugh.

Hehehehe, sounds like you have a similar sense of humor as me. JESUS ON THE DASHBOoooARD......OH YEAH!

fabiodriven
09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Animal Farm is one of my favorites.

bigbadktm
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I was really hoping this was gonna be a thread about the band and not the part. Shogun named marcus and binge and purge are freaking great, have almost all their albums on my ipod right now. Got a USB drive in my truck right now with nothing but Clutch on it.