PDA

View Full Version : brutal crash in the sand

portland250r
09-12-2010, 12:33 AM
i never thought sand would be so rough, i used to think landing on sand was harmless.
sucks for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6_XuNhgtrM

portland250r
09-12-2010, 04:06 AM
i have had some members who dont like my avatar so i decided to change it to something we all wont be dissapointed with,
my favorite brew.

that crash was bad for sand i have been thrown harder than that and didnt feel a thing he must have got hit by his bike.

TheBlueWale
09-12-2010, 04:09 AM
i have had some members who dont like my avatar so i decided to change it to something we all wont be dissapointed with,
my favorite brew.

that crash was bad for sand i have been thrown harder than that and didnt feel a thing he must have got hit by his bike.

I despised your previous avatar too, but didn't say anything. Lol

Good choice with the new one.

Vealmonkey
09-12-2010, 06:18 AM
All crashes hurt, especially as you get older. A couple of those PBRs can help the pain though! LOL

harryredtrike
09-12-2010, 10:10 AM
my favorite brew.

now that is nice,good american brew

RapidRick
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I wonder how many PBRs that rider had before he launched himself?

Out here they used to call it "Coorage" (Coors beer) Get it?

Probably could have pulled it out if he had more weight on the rear tire.

coolpool
09-12-2010, 10:51 AM
now that is nice,good american brew

The guy probably took the handlebars in the chest? I didn't think was a "good" American beer harryredtrike. It all tates like water compared to Canadian suds. Oh Oh here it comes!

haggard 2hundie
09-12-2010, 04:07 PM
sounds like some eazy haters on here portrland

hang&rattle
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
The dude was a pussy. WTF, turn the handlebars strait when you land. My kids are 9 & 11, but wouldn't carry on like a crybaby like that. Seen young kids get their lunch ate by some bad-trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro bulls and it is direspectful and selfish to carry on like a pansy and have moms, sisters, or whoever more nervous and scared than needs be. He should never get on a bike again, just not tough enough to handle it. Bad wreck my ar$e, my kids would have jumped up worried about their trike. No sympathy.

puggerton03
09-12-2010, 08:32 PM
How can you call him a pussy? He was going way too fast to make any corrections in the air and he probably realized that before he landed. He was trying to talk not carrying on like a crybaby. Everyones a pro on the web!

fabiodriven
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow, some of you guys are brutal. The guy was obviously hurt really bad. People don't make those noises unless they're in really rough shape.

hang&rattle
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Just the way he was carrying on bud. Rodeo we teach the kids to be silent. All the noise makes the injury worse than it is. Also, makes moms, girlfriends, etc., more excitable and stressed. Wining and making noise is not helpful, that's how infants communicate, so it is looked down on. None of the kids flop around on the football field like that or carry on either. What he displayed was cowardice and weakness. Or maybe the world is changing and acting like a puss is accepted. He's old enough to rod a dirt bike, deal with the consequences. Wonder if he ever thought 'this may hurt', or 'what's the risk'. And I am a pro, rode bulls for 17 years and seen kids get 10 times worse than that.

puggerton03
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM
He displayed weakness from a fall like that? Really? Sorry but even on a football field you don't get hit like the landing he took. I dont really care either way but some things that people type is just ridiculous. Oh and just so you don't think I'm a puss. I am a Marine Corps Infantry veteran who has been to Afghanistan and Iraq who's had friends get blown up, been shot at, walked around Fallujah with a belt-fed machine gun waiting for towels to shoot at us, etc., etc., etc., etc. Maybe I'm a big puss for feeling sorry for him.

factoryX
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
rofl, I've had worse wrecks on my bmx bike. Some people just don't know how to wreck.

hang&rattle
09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
No I didn't think anything about you puggerton. I guess I didn't like seeing him act like that, and what it does to the folks around him. Funny how some take others opinions differently. We are from the same country (thanks for all you have done), but have different ways of looking at things. You just cannot see it my way and the way it's taught here, and I just don't have the compassion you do, because what I have seen in the rodeo arena. Things like that no longer seems traumatic to me.

portland250r
09-12-2010, 11:22 PM
i had my worse wreck on a bmx bike.
i was riding at 20 mph and tried to jump a curb then clipped it and fell face first, i was asleep after the wreck then woke up and was being treated by paramedics they were putting me in the ambulance i dont remember it my friends said i woke up and was saying what happened.

as soon as i was conciouse i asked where the hell my bike was and luckly my friend took it and waited for me to get out.

as far as dirtbikes and atv/atc's when i wreck and am physically able to move i will run after my bike right away or ask someone to go get my bike when im injured.
i have a higher pain tolorance and am always quiet but not everyones the same.
some people will freak out and moan when someone crashed hard i tell them not to move and make minimun noise.

Dirtcrasher
09-12-2010, 11:41 PM
He froze in mid launch (angled bars and all) and didn't pin it on the landing. Those noises make me think he got hurt pretty bad.......

300rman
09-12-2010, 11:43 PM
sand is brutal. ever seen Steel Roots?

fabiodriven
09-13-2010, 12:12 AM
sand is brutal. ever seen Steel Roots?

Huh? :wondering:wondering:wondering

Dirtcrasher
09-13-2010, 12:15 AM
^ I believe it's roughly about a 1988-1990 Jeremy McGrath film - I have it upstairs, he was the king at that point............

factoryX
09-13-2010, 12:24 AM
lol, this is how you wreck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1T4GMAVHE&feature=related

Thorpe
09-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Rectum???? Damn near killed him!!!

portland250r
09-13-2010, 04:08 AM
this is my new definition of brutal at its mildest. this isnt as bad as it could have been, the guy was pronounced dead. but i dont know if that true by the back and forth arguing comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0edj-IsSkg

heres a semi brutal crash on a bmx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEXR6VMMKc

and the worst nut shot i have seen!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttSP_NFeEg

factoryX
09-13-2010, 05:20 AM
okay, the first video he does not die.

fabiodriven
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Here's a good one-

http://www.break.com/index/dirt-bike-street-jump-fail

thestud25
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
In my experience, the noises he was making are consistent with a nasty concussion. The beginning noises are consistent with seizures. We all know that it doesn't take much to have a massive head injury. At least he had a helmet on and friends with enough sense to keep his head and neck mobilized.

You guys are brutal. It may not have looked bad. Upbringing or not, I seriously doubt he was milking the situation. Some noises are not controllable. Can you control a muscle spasm? Kind of the same thing.

PBR is a great cheap beer! Way better avatar than EZ!

fabiodriven
09-13-2010, 04:25 PM
In my experience, the noises he was making are consistent with a nasty concussion. The beginning noises are consistent with seizures. We all know that it doesn't take much to have a massive head injury. At least he had a helmet on and friends with enough sense to keep his head and neck mobilized.

You guys are brutal. It may not have looked bad. Upbringing or not, I seriously doubt he was milking the situation. Some noises are not controllable. Can you control a muscle spasm? Kind of the same thing.

I'm glad somebody else sees this situation the same way I do.

thestud25
09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm glad somebody else sees this situation the same way I do.

It doesn't take much. I had a buddy hit his head on the ground playing touch football and he immediately started making those noises and went into seizures. Another instance, I was at an indoor motocross race, dude came up short, hit the same way an immediately started convusling and moaning. That stuff can be real bad and scary.

brapp
09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
i wish i would have had this one on helmet cam or video. but i did manage to make the front page of the local newspaper. throttle stuck 5th gear pinned right headfirst into a tag along trailer behind a dumptruck.

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/02/05/bikepics-285956-800.jpg

Iprefer3
09-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Funny....my friend flipped my kfx400 in the desert and made the same moaning sound.

newrider3
09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
The dude was a pussy. WTF, turn the handlebars strait when you land. My kids are 9 & 11, but wouldn't carry on like a crybaby like that. Seen young kids get their lunch ate by some bad-trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro bulls and it is direspectful and selfish to carry on like a pansy and have moms, sisters, or whoever more nervous and scared than needs be. He should never get on a bike again, just not tough enough to handle it. Bad wreck my ar$e, my kids would have jumped up worried about their trike. No sympathy.

You get the wind knocked out of you by a bar-end, I guarantee you WILL be making the same noise until you can breathe again. Then afterwards you'll be glad you didn't punch a hole through your stomach with the handlebar. There is no carrying on about that, not a bit. That is what happens when you lose control of your bodily functions temporarily.

KASEY
09-13-2010, 10:53 PM
i hate it when you lose bodily functions!!! all the guys laugh at you when you do-do ,,,,,,, i hate being mr poopy pants!!

portland250r
09-14-2010, 02:51 AM
You get the wind knocked out of you by a bar-end, I guarantee you WILL be making the same noise until you can breathe again. Then afterwards you'll be glad you didn't punch a hole through your stomach with the handlebar. There is no carrying on about that, not a bit. That is what happens when you lose control of your bodily functions temporarily.

i got used to it when i get the wind knocked out of me now i put my arms up and stay silent i used to make a wierd noise when i got the wind knocked out of me i learned a technique of my own from boxing when i get the wind knocked out of me i go and grapple the person as much as i can and circle them.
i get the wind knocked out of me all the time it helps to not move your mouth or try breathing and when you point your elbows up it helps get the wind back most people make a noise because theyre trying to breath or are panicing you want to relax and try not to inhale or talk.
a good way to avoid it is to blow all your air out before the impact then you wont have the wind knocked out of you.
its usually good to wear chest protectors when you jump a dirt bike.

hang&rattle
09-14-2010, 08:06 AM
newrider3, no I won't. I've been stepped on by 2000lbs. bulls and had their horns stuck in me, the last crushed my insides so bad it took 2 surgeries to repair duodenum, intestines, and pancreas, nearly ripped in half horizontally. Doctor told me to call my kids and tell em' I loved them and he would do the best he could, I was a dead man. I flat-lined twice. I never made a sound. It would have messed the kids up if I didn't handle it properly. And in 1986 while crossing the highway to ride my quad in a gravel pit I was hit by a ford bronco doing 65 m.p.h.. I lived, and sat on the couch in a cast watching the trike-ban on 20/20, I never made a sound at 16 with broken ribs & foot, but I was sure worried about my fourtrax. I have been knocked unconscious by bulls and horses and riding cycles and made some funny breathing sounds that were erratic I was told, but never carried on like that. I never will. It makes matters worse, if you can't talk, you use hand language or point, no use making things worse.

jeffatc250r
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM
newrider3, no I won't. I've been stepped on by 2000lbs. bulls and had their horns stuck in me, the last crushed my insides so bad it took 2 surgeries to repair duodenum, intestines, and pancreas, nearly ripped in half horizontally. Doctor told me to call my kids and tell em' I loved them and he would do the best he could, I was a dead man. I flat-lined twice. I never made a sound. It would have messed the kids up if I didn't handle it properly. And in 1986 while crossing the highway to ride my quad in a gravel pit I was hit by a ford bronco doing 65 m.p.h.. I lived, and sat on the couch in a cast watching the trike-ban on 20/20, I never made a sound at 16 with broken ribs & foot, but I was sure worried about my fourtrax. I have been knocked unconscious by bulls and horses and riding cycles and made some funny breathing sounds that were erratic I was told, but never carried on like that. I never will. It makes matters worse, if you can't talk, you use hand language or point, no use making things worse.

Post up some vids, u must have a bunch of gnarly ones if you been doing it that long.

Dirtcrasher
09-14-2010, 09:58 AM
My friend brought his son to the track for the 1st time time watch, he thought it was awesome!

Then someone fell at the bottom and middle of a double, next clown didn't make it just as he was picking up his bike. The fallen riders handlbars went right through his helmet front and face. 2 minutes later and black flagged, he started convulsing and making noises. 15 minutes a helicopter landed; That was the last day the kid ever rode again..............

hang&rattle
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
I actually got kind of scared of the cycles after that and started riding bulls a few years later. < That's kinda funny to post:lol:. Rode cycles etc. a little, but kept thinkin' that I was going big time and put all my eggs in the bull basket. Every time I got to a point where I was the hot ticket, I ended up with another surgery. Have tons of pictures, but sports like rodeo and atv's aren't supported and big in MT, so not much coverage on film. My wreck on the quad was on the news and of course wrecks on the bulls made it alot. I don't like seeing pictures of people getting hurt in rodeo or riding (bothers me), but a good wreck (either way) when someone walks away is cool. We would tease each other, my buddies and I, who got their ar$e kicked the worst rodeoing that weekend. And between me and the kids who had the most or best wreck of the weekend, although we must be playin' it safe as last few weekends haven't even had a tip-over. I'll dig through the rubbermade containers in the rafters in the garage when I get the chance to see if I can round up some old pictures. Many were lost over the years of me wonderin' all over the country chasing windmills (gold buckles).

RIDE-RED 250r
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
sounds to me like he got the wind knocked out of him pretty bad...most people cant help but do that when they get the wind knocked out of them like that....

RacerRichie
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM
big deal
the dude needs some gear and some skills. take a look mom no shirt. What a skirt

vector292
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
this has gotta be the worst ive seen http://www.pinkbike.com/video/46771/
and some of simple lightest crashs are worst

83ATC185
09-14-2010, 08:55 PM
sounds to me like he got the wind knocked out of him pretty bad...most people cant help but do that when they get the wind knocked out of them like that....
yeah when i get the wind knocked out of me, it starts as a high pitched, short weezing, then gradually gets longer as i take in more air. But i dont see why this is such an issue, i have seen/been in bike wrecks, none of them are any fun(and some have scared me bad), in any situation. Id say he's lucky to not have a handlebar stuck through his chest. Leave the kid alone, people react differently in different situations. Maybe he's not used to having the wind knocked out of him. ive gotten splinters as big as a toothpick in my hand at work and i get a bunch everyday, im used to it. but i wont give you a hard time for getting a little one in your hand...

z400guy28
09-16-2010, 10:03 PM
You must be the toughest rodeo clown in Montana. All the stuff that happened to you having a 2000 lb bull step on your chest and you never made a sound or anything. I'm sorry but i find that hard to believe.

NINJA
09-17-2010, 03:45 AM
i got used to it when i get the wind knocked out of me now i put my arms up and stay silent i used to make a wierd noise when i got the wind knocked out of me i learned a technique of my own from boxing when i get the wind knocked out of me i go and grapple the person as much as i can and circle them.
i get the wind knocked out of me all the time it helps to not move your mouth or try breathing and when you point your elbows up it helps get the wind back most people make a noise because theyre trying to breath or are panicing you want to relax and try not to inhale or talk.
a good way to avoid it is to blow all your air out before the impact then you wont have the wind knocked out of you.
its usually good to wear chest protectors when you jump a dirt bike.

Used to box eh? Sounds like you're implying that you try to clinch. LOL Good luck with that in the ring.
Where'd you train and by whom? What weight class were you in? What style are you? What's your preferred guard? What's your record?

portland250r
09-17-2010, 05:06 AM
when i get into the clinch i make it harder for the opponet to get a hard hit in then i lower my fists start hitting in the solar plex and in the gut area while keeping their arms on the outside.
the boxing i used to do most the time is not in the ring i would box some people i knew for fun and there would be no face shots or throat and there was no kicking or knees allowed like their is in kick boxing. all it was was bare fist shots to the chest area.
my main goal was to keep from getting hit in the same spot that i got the wind knocked out of me from.

i have not trained yet at a gym or been coached i have been thinking of taking classes on brazilian juijitsu and kick boxing.
after that i might try cage fighting.
i like the mixed guard.

jeffatc250r
09-17-2010, 02:40 PM
You must be the toughest rodeo clown in Montana. All the stuff that happened to you having a 2000 lb bull step on your chest and you never made a sound or anything. I'm sorry but i find that hard to believe.

Kinda what im thinking......try telling a POW he was a biotch for making noise while being tortured. Your not superhuman. And im pretty sure anyone that rode bulls for that long would have some pics, vids.