PDA

View Full Version : deadheads?

haggard 2hundie
09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
any fellow deadheads here? i love the dead and every song they ever sang, i even named my first daughter Magnolia " Sugar Magnolia "

Vealmonkey
09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
It's just not the same without Jerry no matter what anyone says. I saw the dead 5 times. The whole show and the audience as well was always quite the experience.

haggard 2hundie
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
i agree veal mokey, music lost one of the greats when jerry died. i wish i could have seen them but im alittle young as far as that goes, i started listening to the dead in 94 i think he died in 95 or 96 ? and as if i wasnt jealous enough of all your machines now youve seen the dead too ? youve done it all man

Vealmonkey
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I haven't done it all by far. Don't be jealous, I'm old! LOL I've never been as far West as where you live. Never rode the sand. Never been to Cali. You'll have your chance. And it helps to have friends who are roadies. They often pick up bands coming through PA and often follow them down through Texas. I don't know how they do, but they love the life. They have got me into a couple good concerts as well. Backstage at the old RFK stadium on more than one occasion.

oldtime3wheeler
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I saw close to 25 shows. I love the Dead. But like Veal said once Jerry was gone it wasnt the same. I havent seen them since.

haggard 2hundie
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
you guys act like the music changed the music will live forever and in my opinion there arent any better story tellers than the dead just listened to jack a roe today one of my favorites

oldtime3wheeler
09-15-2010, 10:04 PM
In a way I feel the music did change. Nothing like Jerry changing words and lines in the songs when he sang them live. Everytime someone died whether it was Pigpen, Keith, or Brent the bands sound changed a little, but had the same vibe. When Jerry died it just changed to much for me. I still listen to my bootlegs and will always love the Dead.

Tri-Z 250
09-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I still have my last Spring Tour T-shirt before Jerry passed, it's a HuckelBerry Finn Skeleton theme(I saw 4 from that run Fla being the end of the tour sleeping on South Beach after the show). My frist Show was Akron Rubber Bowl...Bob Dylan,Tom Petty and the Dead...it was a HOT one on the floor. I was hooked ever since...I recomend Sirus Radio if your a huge fan, 24-7 DEAD, Jerry's band, Bobby's bands Phil and friends and verious bands who cover the Dead. Plus historic LIVE concerts and tails from the road. Bob and Phil interviews really cool stuff if your a fan. Nothing like catching a show you've been to either...it's like hitting the way back button...You should see the OTC JAM T's I had made up...Steal your face tie dyes:D

tri again
09-19-2010, 04:01 AM
and the music played the band

ATC-Eric
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Read this:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...?bi=1032817988

Read it around 9 years ago when I was getting into the jam band scene. Saw the Dead (reunion tour) more then a couple times, Phil Lesh a handfull. Used to travel to a lot of different shows. From what I remember that book rocked! Gonna have to get another copy and read it again myself.