PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe getting a title is this freaking hard

mkramm
09-17-2003, 01:44 PM
I live in michigan and bought the quad in indiana. Indiana being a non title state they dont issue title...duh!!! Well now michigan is saying that they wont title the quad till I produce the previous title....ARRRGGGG...there isnt one :(

"Holy Shite, wheres the tylenol"

skippy
09-17-2003, 03:22 PM
certificate of origin.. every bike that has a vin came w one.. good luck!

mkramm
09-17-2003, 03:54 PM
yeah i know but this bike passed through like 3-4 sets of owners in its life. The guy I bought it from didnt have the certificate, and he only rode it on private property so he didnt have it registered for ORV riding.

thefox
09-17-2003, 06:47 PM
My brother went throught the same thing with his motorcycle. He had a title from a previous owner (not the guy he bought it from) but the guy's name was illegible. My brother had to try to contact the guy to have him request a new title, but the guy moved. It took 3 months before the new title came in the mail.

-Andrew

jeswinehart
09-17-2003, 07:16 PM
this is what i got from michigan license place when i asked about registering my trikes. i'll send it to you if you want ( give me your address please). the bill of sale need to accompany it + you will need to have a police offcer check the frame numbers.
there was another option the gal mentioned that i said SCREW THAT,,,
put a 200 dollar deposit ( refundable after 2 years - rightttt) + apply for the registration w/o a bill of sale.

jeswinehart
09-17-2003, 07:21 PM
copy of bill of sale attached.
both of wich i picked up at the license place ( can't spell buro- lol) in three rivers, mi. some time back.

like i said, if you want them,,, pm me your address.

john

mkramm
09-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Okay, a guy my wife went to college with is a federal national forest officer and he said that michigan is a non title state for atv's. He said all i need to do is take the bill of sale to anywhere that sells orv stickers and get one. Okay now im confused :?:

jeswinehart
09-17-2003, 08:05 PM
you won't even need a bill of sale for the orv sticker,,, the places that sell those aren't concerned about that. it's a curtisy thing they do to entice sales. state of michigan don't handle the orv decals anymore. they leave it up to the motorcycle dealers, gun shops and who ever else wants to sell them.
there is one place i know of in michigan you very well might want to have a registration with you at all times ,,,, silver lake orv park. i really can't recomend anybody go there personally unless you want the hassle of your life.
orv decals + registering your machine ( so you can pay the tax on it) is 2 seprate things all together.

john

mkramm
09-18-2003, 12:32 AM
well, I dont really care to pay tax on it or have to put down $200, heck im trading it in a week or two anyway. The next guy can decide if he wants to title it. Stupid politicians..just want my money..as usual :x