PDA

View Full Version : where can i get info on 92 f 150 fuel inj..a site like this one please

tri again
09-18-2010, 10:04 PM
My fuel pumps are supposed to run for a couple seconds and shut off
but now they don't shut off and it will not start

fuel filter is clear.

seems intermittent

with no rhyme or reason

newrider3
09-18-2010, 10:58 PM
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/

Do a few searches there before posting your question.

SYKO
09-18-2010, 11:06 PM
good site lots of info

tri again
09-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Looks good, thanks.

With the way things are going, I'd like to trade out for something with a carb.

Error codes really don't help much, since there are none showing.

so it's start replacing perfectly good parts and wonder why it works.

Thanks for the link.

seems like a pretty straightforeward prob with good symptoms, if you fool with these every day like we do with trikes.

SYKO
09-19-2010, 09:44 AM
screw carbs! I love my 97 only got a few things done and I get 30+ mpg on the hwy! no bs either theres members here that will attest to that, what you got 5.0 or 5.8?

tri again
09-20-2010, 06:26 AM
I went from an 89 250 w/ 351w (retired to farm duty) to
a straight 6 1992.

Fuel pumps are supposed to run for a second with the key on then shut off when pressure comes up.

Sounds like some capacitors like to fry and leak in the computer on these so I'll go sniff around tomorrow.
The computer tells the pumps when to shut off apparently. as opposed to the more understandable, pressure sensor that tells them to shut off.

If they come on and shut off, it will run.

If I turn the key and they stay on? it will Not start.

Intermittent too so even if it does run I can't trust it to go anywhere.

timex69
09-20-2010, 08:00 AM
I have a 95 f150 with the 300 I6. Does it leak any fuel..in my experience if a fuel pump performes like this its because there is a leak somewhere and the lines wont hold pressure causing the pump to run all the time trying to build pressure.

tri again
09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey there.

My daughter's been in PEI for a year or so, after a year around the world.

wow

anyway, good point.

I did fill both tanks and let it sit in the 90 plus degree heat and it leaked out the front thru the evap emissions canister stuff, so I ran a couple gallons out of each tank and it was fine for a while.

First damp day, I turned the key just to the on position and the pumps kept running.

Then again, I actually Hosed off the engine after some water puddle fun and it never skipped a beat.
That was a couple months ago

Now if I got out there today and the pumps run for a second and shut off, it WILL start.
but I sure dont trust it any further than I care to walk back.

The support group mentioned above, points to fried capacitors in the computer since there is really no pressure regulator that tells the pumps to shut off.

The computer tell them to run for a second and shut off unless it senses 150 rpm from the pip sensor
in the distributor or some such nonsense.

Intermittent problems are my Favorite.

timex69
09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Intermittent problems are fun to say the least but good luck!. I think im one of the only guys on here from pei. What town did your daughter visit? And why after a trip around the world did she stop here.

tri again
09-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Intermittent problems are fun to say the least but good luck!. I think im one of the only guys on here from pei. What town did your daughter visit? And why after a trip around the world did she stop here.

She was in Charlottetown for a year and a half ans just showed up in Oregon last night.

I guess there is opportunity in PEI for software engineering (gaming) there and she worked for the Ministry of Health working on upgrading their access and streamlining things to go smoother.

I called a local junkyard and apparently, some capacitors can leak in the eec units causing intermittent failure. 150$. which is what I paid for the truck.

There really is no pressure shut off.

The pumps are told to run for a second by the eec computer and then shut off.

If they keep running, the computer is getting stupid.

The pressure regulators usually fail by leaking fuel and there is no electrical connection to the pressure regulator.

so now I gotta find the eec and get the numbers off it.

They say it's between the driver side inner and outer fenders on the 92, OR it's a cruel joke.

What town are you in? and where do you ride.