PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck are you doing up at this time of night?

coolpool
09-19-2010, 06:46 AM
I noticed that there are a few people on this forum at all hours of the night. Currently I'm stuck working 12's at an upstream heavy oil plant for three more nights. I have the honour of staring at 10 computer screens while trying to stay awake. At least I get to do a lot of surfing on company time:lol: What's your story?

Mr_RPM
09-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Im just a typical 18 year old bum. i have a spine surgery October 25th so i don't want to go out job hunting and i just graduated from high school in may. (i had a surgery in june so i didn't have a chance to get a job till about 4 weeks ago) so i stay out all night and sleep in till 12. i start school in January, so for now Im partially nocturnal and do a bunch of nothing. (i was at meijer will friends till 4am last night spray painting one of my buddies vans in the parking lot)

NINJA
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
I have chronic insomnia, I will pop in here from time to time at any given hour of the night.

yooperman
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
At the moment I'm a stay at home dad / house b!%ch lol for lil bit. since I got home iraq so I can catch up on QT/bonding time with my 1yr lil guy since I missed about 90% of the beginning. So between hunny do list and nap times I swing in and check outs going on in the 3W community lol. Some call me a bum but I just tell when you watch your kid growing up on a computer screen from a war zone it is deserved to have some family QT time.

cattle-dog
09-19-2010, 08:18 PM
yooper you sir enjoy your time with the little man, and i for one would never consider a U.S soldier a bum you deserve every minute with your boy.
on the other note i only sleep 4-5 hours a night thats all i have ever needed.

Dirtcrasher
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
At the moment I'm a stay at home dad / house b!%ch lol for lil bit. since I got home iraq so I can catch up on QT/bonding time with my 1yr lil guy since I missed about 90% of the beginning. So between hunny do list and nap times I swing in and check outs going on in the 3W community lol. Some call me a bum but I just tell when you watch your kid growing up on a computer screen from a war zone it is deserved to have some family QT time.

Your no bum, just trying to be a good dad!!

yooperman
09-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys. So doing the daddy deeds the 350x only gets worked here and there, next project is cutting out swing arm bolt dang thing froze up, I can turn it just don't come out think the bolt is froze to the sleeve inside the swing arm. Hey DC send me a PM with a price quote to have four exhaust studs removed and replaced thanks man. Sorry bout the jumping off subject lil bit.

3wheelmecca
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I sleep horribly, sometimes a capillary bursts open in my nose in the middle of the night, causing bleeding. The wetness wakes me up.

coolpool
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey Yooper, you just keep enjoying the little man! The work stuff can wait a bit. As a retired member of the Canadian Forces, I too have missed milestones in my kids lives that can't be recovered. Hats off to a fellow vet!

harryredtrike
09-20-2010, 01:22 AM
im always on here.

TheRealFatShady
09-20-2010, 02:01 AM
I usually can't sleep, insomnia perhaps? Don't like the frequency of which that term (among others) is throw around now-a-days, but it's not uncommon for me to be up for 30-60 hours straight.

coolpool
09-20-2010, 04:07 AM
I usually can't sleep, insomnia perhaps? Don't like the frequency of which that term (among others) is throw around now-a-days, but it's not uncommon for me to be up for 30-60 hours straight.

That is definitely not good for you. Better look into it if you have'nt already.

volfan537240
09-20-2010, 04:53 AM
I noticed that there are a few people on this forum at all hours of the night. Currently I'm stuck working 12's at an upstream heavy oil plant for three more nights. I have the honour of staring at 10 computer screens while trying to stay awake. At least I get to do a lot of surfing on company time:lol: What's your story?

mine is almost identical to yours. i work 12 hour night shift 2 weeks of the month and look at a computer screen (on a good night anyway lol).

tri again
09-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Too much body damage.

Sleeping can wake me up.

Pain pills make me want to work so they're not good at night.

Can't usually walk too well ( another reason for the trike add) but the shooting pains wake me TFU anyway so why fight it.

Might as well try to learn something.

Right now, it's 92 f150 might have smoked capacitors in the eec computer since the fuel pumps won't stop running when the pressure get up where it belongs.

Guess it's not uncommon.

I'll sleep when I'm dead. (credit to j. bonjovi in response to their 260+ tour dates in 365 days)

haggard 2hundie
09-20-2010, 07:15 PM
hey yooperman zand any other vets i just want to thank you for the sacrifices you made for our country