PDA

View Full Version : SOLD! NOS 250r motor

perrycyn
09-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Well I just thought I would let all the nay sayers know I sold my NOS250r motor for $2000.00. I probably could have asked for 3000 and would have got it. The guy who bought it is from Dubai UAE. Shipping is somewhere in the 1000 range. I would also like to thank all the people who said it wasn't worth what I was asking and made me doubt my price. Thanks.

thestud25
09-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey, Congrats. I had your back. Make sure it is not a scam though.

NINJA
09-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Well I just thought I would let all the nay sayers know I sold my NOS250r motor for $2000.00. I probably could have asked for 3000 and would have got it. The guy who bought it is from Dubai UAE. Shipping is somewhere in the 1000 range. I would also like to thank all the people who said it wasn't worth what I was asking and made me doubt my price. Thanks.

It's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. Congrats on your sale but, did you really have to start a thread for no other reason then to stick out your tongue at the naysayers. Dunno, seems childish to me and a waste of bandwidth.

HuffieVA
09-22-2010, 07:54 AM
did you really have to start a thread for no other reason then to stick out your tongue at the naysayers. Dunno, seems childish to me and a waste of bandwidth.

Does't seem any more childish than some of the guys telling him it was'nt worth anything, and probobly used less bandwidth than say... a picture in a signature...

ATCeeya
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Dubai you say...???

NINJA
09-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Does't seem any more childish than some of the guys telling him it was'nt worth anything, and probobly used less bandwidth than say... a picture in a signature...

B-low me. A thread uses more bandwidth than a sig pic that is linked. What I posted was a legitimate statement. I don't know you and I already don't like you, smartass.

HuffieVA
09-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't know you and I already don't like you, smartass.

You took the words right out of my mouth, by the way your statement was legit, it’s your question and follow-up that kind of came across to me as a bit on the ignorant side, but I'm pretty sure we'll both get over it

Orangecnty250r
09-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I honestly cant blame him for posting this.

skippy
09-22-2010, 10:41 PM
i have a friend that works over there.. in case you need a contact there..

NINJA
09-23-2010, 03:11 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth, by the way your statement was legit, it’s your question and follow-up that kind of came across to me as a bit on the ignorant side, but I'm pretty sure we'll both get over it

Yep, I'm ignorant alright, that's it. Then again your snarky response and continual bantering kinda puts you in the same boat as me don't it? Hmmmm, what a conundrum. Please feel free to analyze and categorize me off the basis of this post too.

Now I'm over it.

HuffieVA
09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Please feel free to analyze and categorize me off the basis of this post too.

Huh? I said your statement was ignorant, which I still believe to be, seems the only one that was analyzing and categorizing was you…
It would appear that you analyzed my statement that your comment was a bit unwarranted, and it seems that your consensus was that you don’t know me or like me, and that I’m apparently a smartass… Well, so be it then, or was it simply because I didn’t agree with you?
Anyhow, I didn’t call you ignorant, just that you made what I felt was an ignorant statement, however your refusal/inability to accept that could actually lead someone to believe that you actually are as a whole, ignorant and if that’s the case you have my sympathies, but I’m not going to judge you by one quick blurb on an internet forum that was likely not very thought-out in the first place, if you choose to judge me by my disapproval of your what I believe to be ignorant comment that’s fine, it gives me a better idea of the type of person that you may or may not be… but that’s not really enough to know you is it? Perhaps I should as you say “analyze” all of your statements in this thread… Were you soliciting an oral favor? What exactly does that say about you? Or should I assume that that was simply a quirky attempt to display your self-perceived dominance? Or are you a little light in the motocross boots?
In the meantime, if you are looking for a battle of wit, I have better things to do than shadowbox...

How’s that for a continuous analytical banter?

Now I guess I’m over it too…

And, for what its worth, I apologize for not agreeing with you...

Jerm1179
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
man you guys know big words....brb i have to get a thesaurus out...lol

NINJA
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Fair enough.

Sorry for crapping up this thread, mods.

Billy Golightly
09-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Well atleast ya'll resolved it :lol:

NINJA
09-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Huffie can definitely hold his own. Well played sir. I got a kick outta this.

HuffieVA
09-23-2010, 03:08 PM
You did pretty good yourself...

NINJA
09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Heheheheh :beer

trikemessiah
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
huffieva vs ninja<-----hilarious, just thought id let yall know.

Dirtcrasher
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
When someone comments on the worth of something, it's based on what they've seen happen over the years , the overall condition and the current market.

Of course it isn't worth 2000$ to me, but it may be to a rich oil man??!!

How about an NOS Rotax motor for Orange County, whats that worth to him? certainly not the same as it is to me or many of us......

Like someone said, you had better hope it isn't a scam; Some of these transactions go through and 3 weeks later the funds are gone, so I hope you get it.......

Orangecnty250r
09-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeh a NOS rotax would be worth a bunch to me . Let me just say this....I have been doing this long enough to know that when there is something NOS or low hour there really is no putting a price on it. Anyone who jumps on someone for trying to get something for something usually wants something for cheaper or doesnt know what things are traded for in the collector market .....privately that is. 90% what I have sold this year wasnt on ebay...its private contacts and friends I have made over the years and they have not been afraid to pay for what I have put out there. Yes the economy is in the crapper. Doesnt mean any of the prices have changed for the rare stuff.....at least not the things that have left my shop!!

Thorpe
09-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Was that 2k Canadian or American? (Canadian is probably worth more at the moment... IDK) Cheers to you man, NOS stuff is hard as heck to come by... I too would sell it to the highest bidder, no doubt! Props man... Good for you...

perrycyn
09-27-2010, 08:11 AM
I posted to let everyone know I sold the motor. The motor went to Alain Class Motors in Abu dabi UAE. Shipping was paid and the initial $2000 USD is in my account. Also I am entitled to express my opinion and don't consider it a waste of bandwidth any more than any other post. Maybe I did rub it in a little and if I offended any of the folks at 3WW I appologise.

Billy Golightly
09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I honestly say more power to ya! I didn't think 2k for an actual NOS motor was really that bad. Not that I would buy it, but I see the value in it to specific people.

whyzee
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
me being one of the doubters, congrats ! nice to see there is still money out there.