PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 in Northern Maryland/Delawre region

1985atc110
09-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Hello. I just purchased a 1985 ATC110 from a friend who had it sitting in his barn. God condition and plastics are mostly intact. I got it running in about 15 minutes, gotta love a Honda. Had an interesting experience though....juts to throw it out there. Runs fine, cools down, then a nostart condition, barely idles. New and correct plug is fouled.....weird. Valves are adjusted a little loose, but fine for just running around and figuring out what other issues it might have. Here's the catch-I turned the headlight on on the ride after warmup, cool down, then the no start condition. Traced out the headlight and taillights after we thought the bike had a grounding issue due to a bare or broken wire. The tailight was shorting the bike out and fouling the plug! Just food for thought if anyone is having the same issue. After disconnecting the tailight and replacing plug, the little thing runs like a sewing machine, ( literally, due to the valve chatter!!, but we will fix that later). I know this is the wrong forum for this explanation, but it was frustrating and it may help someone else get their bike back on the trail.

Also, I'm looking for a download manual for this bike, the sites embedded in your section are not working? or poss it's just I'm screwing up the download.

Anyway, your site does have a lot of valuable info, and helped me get this thing running, my kids thank you.

MonroeMike
09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Welcome aboard.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/atc70-125_1985_and_earlier_servicemanual.pdf

thestud25
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Welcome! Is this your only trike?

1985atc110
09-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey guys. Yes its my first trike, got it for $150, was in storage facility and bought by a local farmer and stored in his barn for 9 years. I spied it and from rewading every issue od Dirt Rider and Three wheeler when I was a kid, I knew what I was looking at. It took some hemming and hawing, he's a farmer, but I got it. He came over and saw me and a friend who owns a machine shop get it running so fast, he was shocked. He brought over two cans of ether, so you know he thought it was bad. I'll post a pic once I figure out how to. He also has a 185s in pieces, we think it's a broken timing chain and a Honda trail 70, I think. I also saw a 200 sitting in another barn, so I may have a treasure trove on my hands. I've always wanted one, but my Dad had a friend's son who was killed riding one, so it was out of the question. The kid was riding like an idiot, it flipped and killed him. So my Dad bought me one of the fastest bikes out there, a 198something YZ125. Little did he know........I miss that bike.

I've taught my 7 and 14 year olds how to handle guns responsibly, how to run a CNC safely, the trike should be no problem. These trikes are unfairly demonized- SUPERVISE your young riders, teach them the limitations, and make them fix whatever breaks. It's that simple. I like your site because it stresses these messages.

Thanks for the manual link as well. Talk to you soon......keep up the goos work and the invaluable information.