PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the board

Billy Golightly
09-19-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm now aware of a problem that has surfaced with the board (Don't know how long its been going on, But it involves new members registering. When someone registers, their password they provided will not let them login, under any circumstances. I'm working to find a soloution to this problem as soon as I can. The soloution might include upgrading this forum to the newest version. This would mean the board would need to be "closed" for 1-2 days while I back everything up, upgrade things, and then check to make sure things are working without anymore bugs. If I do have to do this, I'll make sure I send an email to all the registered users and I will also keep people posted on the main site (http://www.3wheelerworld.com)

Billy

Howdy
09-19-2003, 09:11 PM
We have found that there isn't really a quick fix to the problem. From the sounds of the last email I got from Billy we will be doing the upgrades Tonight or tomorrow.
If the site isn't working or access restricted ( locked down ) it's because we have started the long proccess of upgrading the forums.

I am pretty sure this is how it will go:
#1 We lock the forums down. NO Postings, replies, or PM's. This is a must so we can get a good backup copy.
#2 We backup the forums completely.
#3 We delete everything on the server.
#4 We install the Upgrade.
#5 We upload all the Old data base.
#6 We test the system to see if it works properly.

I estimate this will take a minimum of a whole day to complete. It could possibly take more time than that.

Thanks
Howdy

YTZ250#1
09-19-2003, 10:16 PM
You guys are killing me :D I can't go that long without my 3ww,I'll drive the wife nuts to. :D :D

Howdy
09-19-2003, 10:31 PM
You don't have any clue on how much behind the scene work has to be done. The file we have to down load and then upload just for the data base is over 128mb. If I had T2 internet we could have it fixed a lot quicker. I will have to settle for what I have now.

When the board gets locked down Billy and me will try to work on it non stop until it is back up. We won't keep it locked down any longer than needed.
Howdy

J.D.
09-20-2003, 12:29 AM
Dudes, don't bust your asses for us. We can live without 3WW for a few days...*starts chomping nails*..I HOPE MAN..>WHENS ITS GONNAS BE BACK UP MHAUAHAHHAHGDGKJDBJKB1!@!!!!!!!

TrikeKid
09-20-2003, 12:50 AM
i cant go more than a day with out 3ww when will you be plannin this so i know when to expect it

Howdy
09-20-2003, 09:03 AM
We are trying as much behind the scene work done as possible first. This will minimize the amount of time for the board to be down.
Howdy