PDA

View Full Version : Nothing worse than a thief

jays375
10-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Well I was very lucky on this whole deal.I noticed Tuesday night that my utility trailer was missing.Didn't think much about really because a friend borrows it now and then for a couple of days at a time.I live in a rural area and forget there is thieves everywhere.Thing that bothers me I told my friend just tell somebody when you borrow it.Now I don't let everybody take my trailer only a few good friends.Half the time he doesn't tell me.It was past it's due time to return and was going to give him a call.Long and behold he was at my house when I came home.All I thought was something happend to it or he needed more time.Well something did happen.It had been stolen and he had found it.Now this all sounds pretty fishey to you all but he is not a thief.I have known him for close to 30 years.He spoted it in a ditch Wednesday morning while driving dump truck.It was probbally 20 miles from home.Couldn't reconize it cause it was plastered with mud.Only thing he noticed was the diamond plate fenders I had made for it.All he could think was this couldn't be.Just so happens it was near the home of some not so outstanding citizens.Same guys where hauling scrap this spring by my house.Only thing was my plate was gone and the spare was flattened.Must be they couldn't get it off.He was all gun hoe to go confront them about it.Said we can't do that just yet,be patient.Let's wait to see if they use my plate on there trailer.Then we can put the boots to them.I had to contact the State Police and they were here in 10 minutes.Of course all he could was report the plate stolen and told me I was very lucky.One of the few Troopers I actually got along with,very nice guy.Was glad it wasn't one I had dealings with in the past.Guess I better get the lock for it now.It has been parked in the same spot for 10 years.Like the cop said it was to easy of a target.

Vealmonkey
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that. That's one of those kinds of things that just gets me worked up. I hope you get your stuff back or at least get even or better. Best of luck with all this.

jays375
10-08-2010, 07:58 PM
He brought the trailer right to me.

Maico
10-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I always put the latch down on the hitch and pad lock it. If they're gonna steal it...make 'em work for it.

harryredtrike
10-09-2010, 01:52 AM
glad you got your trailer back.keep it locked up and tell your freind to do the same when he borrows it

JayBone
10-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Not sure exactly where you are in NE PA. A NJ has a team going around stealing stuff and several break-ins at local businesses. i'm not saying it's the same group, but it's getting to be very common to hear now than it was 5 years ago per say.

They always get caught cause they are are candid camera and they can't stop taking stuff now that they have the itch. It just sucks for the owner of the items.

bigbadktm
10-09-2010, 05:23 PM
wow sorry to hear about that, we had a trailer stolen from work and it was never recovered, you got lucky