PDA

View Full Version : Holy Grail of Trikes

mymint87
10-09-2010, 06:13 PM
as far as ATCs go it is the holy grail , none better in my opinion

I deeply apologize but I absolutely give you no authority in your opinion on matters such as this....:postwhore:postwhore:postwhore

you restore vehicles...your restorations come out nice...but end the end your just swapping parts and sleeping on walnut shelled pillow, but I guess if you act like swapping parts is brain surgery, then you can justify your brain surgery prices...but thats it...in no way does it qualify you as an appraiser because you simply lack the knowledge of the true 3 wheeler inventory thats out there

and it pretty much proves my above opinion when you come out with posts such as you spewed. you'll thank me one day for warning you not to be so quick to claim that idiot remark

but, you gave me a good laugh:D.......thats too funny:lol:....a crated ATC250r is the holy grail....yet, your not even sure if its the only one. are you?

MEMO to VinTAGE MoTOrsPOrTS

stamping this trike as the holy grail when they made thousands of them is truely laughable

and yet in your facade of expertise, you completely ignore a trike that has only 3 similarities to this one....(it was made by honda, it was red, and it has 3 wheels)...

the ATC500R is the holy grail...and all the trikers, plus you (because I dont think you even own a trike)....will be peeing in their diapers when it is made public....
:banned::banned::banned::banned:

Sincerely,
mymint87

factoryX
10-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree with mymint87, all this is is a 86 atc250r in a crate. An item with the value of what you think its worth.

dcreel
10-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I agree with mymint87, all this is is a 86 atc250r in a crate. An item with the value of what you think its worth.

If you truly believe that this is JUST an 86 250R in a crate, I feel sorry for you.

Eric250R
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I deeply apologize but I absolutely give you no authority in your opinion on matters such as this....:postwhore:postwhore:postwhore

you restore vehicles...your restorations come out nice...but end the end your just swapping parts and sleeping on walnut shelled pillow, but I guess if you act like swapping parts is brain surgery, then you can justify your brain surgery prices...but thats it...in no way does it qualify you as an appraiser because you simply lack the knowledge of the true 3 wheeler inventory thats out there

and it pretty much proves my above opinion when you come out with posts such as you spewed. you'll thank me one day for warning you not to be so quick to claim that idiot remark

but, you gave me a good laugh:D.......thats too funny:lol:....a crated ATC250r is the holy grail....yet, your not even sure if its the only one. are you?

MEMO to VinTAGE MoTOrsPOrTS

stamping this trike as the holy grail when they made thousands of them is truely laughable

and yet in your facade of expertise, you completely ignore a trike that has only 3 similarities to this one....(it was made by honda, it was red, and it has 3 wheels)...

the ATC500R is the holy grail...and all the trikers, plus you (because I dont think you even own a trike)....will be peeing in their diapers when it is made public....

Sincerely,
mymint87

Too many times have I let your comments just roll off and said nothing.....but Jesus, is there no end to the river of douche you have in that bag you call a mouth ? Have you ever ( even once ? ) typed a response to a thread on this board that wasn't completely useless ? Is there any joy in your life other than being a douche ?

mymint87
10-09-2010, 10:28 PM
No offense mintyfresh, but with all the bikes Mike has restored FOR Honda, I think that makes him pretty qualified to offer an opinion on what is or isn't the holy grail.
:banned::banned::banned:
are we talking about the same dude?, you know, this is the guy that was just slamming down some loser working outta his garage?...yeah.... some smuck (because of his location in Arizona) has access to a bunch of stock and aftermarket parts ...and this highly respectable member gave him the royal beatdown because the poor flunky had a different definition to the description of "restored with OEM parts" than "Mike the Great"

Mike,
you definately came across as seeming like you were threatened by some dude in his kitchen....LMAO...not what I expected from a pro....

And now he's in another dispute over ANOTHER definition...this time its the Communities definition of HOLY GRAIL?

HOW DARE SOMEONE DISAGREE

right MIKE?

Thrillbilly,
look, I cant help it if Mike gets butthurt over my opinion....in the end thats his burden, not mine

Mikes a big man @ 3WW who gave a big claim and thats exactly the reason why I have to say something... just because it from his mouth and the weight that his words carry with the leadership here @ 3WW...I'm SORRY, that is not enough to make him the authority

yes, I did slap him around abit with other comments here in your house, and for that I apologize to you Thrillbilly...But I must speak with all due respect towards this GIANT of 3WW despite his endorsement by you.....because he doesn't speak TRUTH to the trike community

ya know....
setting aside the several crated T3's and others 3wheelers that have been confirmed by the community

when we talk about ATC"s (HONDA's for those who neglect to respect trademarks), the crown of HOLY GRAILS annionted from someone whom you yourself give credit and backing is......

not the 87 ATC350X, 87 ATC250R, OR the 85 ATC500R...

:postwhoreits a crated 86 ATC250R:postwhore

boy I'm glad that we've cleared this one up:wondering

THANKS MIKE:D......YOUR my HERO:rolleyes:

Billy Golightly
10-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Call me whatever you want, but until I've SEEN IT, this is the Holy Grail until something replaces it. Suspension guru Paul Thede says "The best you know is the best you've ridden." Well this my friend is the best I've "ridden", so until I've "ridden" something better, this is it. I think most everyone else agrees. And they also know a crated T3 would be lucky to bring a 1/4 of what this auction is at now I think.

BTW, time to split this off from Andys thread to its own...

Billy Golightly
10-09-2010, 10:41 PM
OH look the crack head speaks again,
Pleasure to hear from you , did you just get out of rehab ??? You have no clue what you are talking about in fact i think you just like to hear yourself trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro like a little girl. The truth of the matter is I have a very good knowledge of the ATC industry and i must be doing something right if Honda has had me restore a total of 16 vehicles for there own company museaum in japan , Im sure there must be more to what i do than parts swapping or they would do it themselves . Its people like you that ruin boards like this you come on here time an time again just crying about this and that , whats a matter have nothing better do do , why are you not out riding your 3 wheeler ( OH you probably dont even own one) go climb back under your rock if you have nothing positive to bring to the forum

I was trying to merge the posts and boogered them up, but this is what Mike's reply was.

Billy Golightly
10-09-2010, 10:44 PM
And one last thing, mintyfresh.

YOUR DEFINITITION of "Holy Grail" does not make it the "Communities definition of HOLY GRAIL". Any idea what the community itself, as in by definition a GROUP of individuals think? Judging by the popularity and the comments in the thread, I'd tend to believe that they put some pretty serious weight on the crated 250R as being the "Holy Grail".

That is all.

dcreel
10-09-2010, 10:51 PM
My opinion is this is as close as you can get to a "holy grail" of 3 wheeling. Until this factory ATC500R sees the light of day, and who knows if it will.. Apparently there are some people bidding on it that agree with me. If I was able to afford this (I'm not) I would definitely be bidding on it. To keep it in it's crate locked away for future generations to see.

Not to mention Minty, aren't you accusing Mike of the same thing I've accused you of? Just who here is the self proclaimed 3 wheeler god? And in the end who really cares what your opinion or Mike's opinion is? The truth is that these are all just opinions. I have seen Mike's work on several occasions in pictures. His work is top notch. I've seen some of his personal bikes (albeit for sale on Ebay), but they too were the real deal.

The difference with you is that we are supposed to take your word for how much you know. I have definitely seen you get more butthurt about everything than anyone on either site. No matter the discussion you see it as your personal mission in life to "set people straight" on what you know about 3 wheelers. That isn't to say that I don't like your trikes either because I do. They are rare as well.

I just don't understand why you can't let people have their own opinions without browbeating them to believe yours...

mymint87
10-09-2010, 10:59 PM
we are not talking about t3's, the only reason I mentioned them is that fact that there were lower produced numbers of them than the ATC yet we have 3 confirmed crated t3's.....so wouldn't that generally make the odds better for there to be more than 1 crated ATC250R?.....but beside even THAT fact....Im only telling him not to be so quick with HIS and and NOW 3WW's stamp of approval of THAT being the communities HOLY GRAIL....your totally disrespecting the ATC500R and others

its a crated ATC250R and IT'S SWEET..ya know, never been started and all that goes with it....so don't read into my posts...I DIG IT.....but its not the HOLY GRAIL of ATC's

vintagemotorsports
10-09-2010, 11:05 PM
we are talking production bikes here not fantasy proto types , I have had many talks with some of the engineers over at honda japan . the 500r may have been rough proto typed but thats as far as it went and everything was destroyed and as far as an 87 250r you might have a better chance of finding big foot or a space craft . till these fantasy bikes show there face thats all they are . anyone who is as passionate about ATCs as i am will agree the 86 250r was ahead of its time in every way and to have one brand new in its original crate is pretty cool.. I think the big problem here is jealosy some guys cant get over the fact that someone else has something this nice , that the only way they can deal with it is bash everything about it and be a total dick head to everyone who thinks highley of it . pretty sad actually

RacerRichie
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
IF you dont think that this trike is 'something very special' you need to get off the pipe........
hehehe

mymint87
10-09-2010, 11:21 PM
And one last thing, mintyfresh.

Judging by the popularity and the comments in the thread, I'd tend to believe that they put some pretty serious weight on the crated 250R as being the "Holy Grail".

That is all.

that's bad data your using as polling results....you know that.....we all think its awesome......whats not to like....typical destroying the messenger because of the message

and ignoring creditable members eye witnesses from today along with Factory racers testimonies of existance from back in the day...makes that label Mike and 3WW place on this particular machine.....laughable and idiotic....a crated 86ATC250r...HOLY GRAIL....LMAO

Im bookmarking this thread.....so in the future, I can rub it in your face.....LMAO......you've been too quick with endorsing that annointment.....

Billy Golightly
10-09-2010, 11:26 PM
The best I know is the best I've seen. Right now the best I've seen is the crated 250R. I'm repeating it for the 3rd time in this thread so that it sinks into your west coast monkey thick skull, if something else cooler comes up, it'll be the holy grail TO ME. In the meantime, THIS is the holy grail, to ME.

Billy Golightly
10-09-2010, 11:32 PM
that's bad data your using as polling results....you know that.....we all think its awesome......whats not to like....typical destroying the messenger because of the message

and ignoring creditable members eye witnesses from today along with Factory racers testimonies of existance from back in the day...makes that label Mike and 3WW place on this particular machine.....laughable and idiotic....a crated 86ATC250r...HOLY GRAIL....LMAO

Im bookmarking this thread.....so in the future, I can rub it in your face.....LMAO......you've been too quick with endorsing that annointment.....

Maybe you've been too quick to endorse the annoitment of some mythical creature that is only supposedly in the existence relying the testament of other MORTALS and not relying on that which you can see and touch yourself. Why do you trust the "word" of others over your own intellect and logic? This is real. The 87s, the 500R, its hearsay. How is a hypothetical, a possibility, more valuable than an absolute? It isn't in my world, and it never will be.

3Razors
10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I have to agree with mymint that the true holy grail trike would be the prototype ATC500R. That is something that when sufaces will be from another dimension. Unobtanium type stuff, that will be the most sought piece. I believe it's no myth either, so cal has all the cool stuff there.

As far as rare production trikes in the crate I would say that honor would go to the 86 350X, I don't believe one of those will ever surface as they were fewer numbers and highly popular. Whether it would bring a higher price than 86 250R not sure, but the 350X has just a cult of following as 250R.

K10's 250R is the real deal, its placed exactly the same way in the crate as the 2 I saw in palm springs ca in 1996. The guy wanted $2200 each for them which was high for a 250R back then, but there was also no internet, I was only 16 at the time and had other priorities and no money. They got assembled and sold on cycletrader magazine. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda..

mymint87
10-09-2010, 11:40 PM
we are talking production bikes here not fantasy proto types , I have had many talks with some of the engineers over at honda japan . the 500r may have been rough proto typed but thats as far as it went and everything was destroyed and as far as an 87 250r you might have a better chance of finding big foot or a space craft . till these fantasy bikes show there face thats all they are . anyone who is as passionate about ATCs as i am will agree the 86 250r was ahead of its time in every way and to have one brand new in its original crate is pretty cool.. I think the big problem here is jealosy some guys cant get over the fact that someone else has something this nice , that the only way they can deal with it is bash everything about it and be a total dick head to everyone who thinks highley of it . pretty sad actually

oh be quiet...your just bent cuz some fool in Arizona has more access to parts than you....LOL....

I like the way your definition of the machine has been detailed and categorized in an attempt to validate your anniontment....

Like I said....

Honda made em, they are red, and have 3 wheels........cept your HOLY Grail has been made in the thousands.....yeah, lets get Mikey to annoint it, he'll anniont anything...LMAO

MEMO to HATERS

you cant backtrack with the cover of...

"UNTIL I SEE IT"

or

"UNTIL THEY SHOW THEIR FACE"

thats a cowardly remark by someone who's backpedaling on a position....ROFLMAO

now THAT is sad....now you cant even stand behind your own anniontment

I cant believe how butthurt you are MIKE......LOL....relax dude......

don't let it cramp your sniveling cowardly backpedaling style of refusing to admit your wrong

LOL...its OK

Billy Golightly
10-09-2010, 11:53 PM
HOW IS IT BACK PEDALING IF I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE EXISTENCE OF SOMETHING THAT IS A PIPE DREAM?! Call me o ye of little faith or wtf ever, thats the bottom line. I don't believe in fairy tails. the 87s and the 500 is a fairy tale as far as I'm concerned, and your placing sooooooo much weight in something that doesn't even exist that your ignoring the blindingly obvious that is the here and now.

I make my decisions based on that which I know, by reason of my own mind to be fact. Not that which other people try and "feel" as fact.

mymint87
10-10-2010, 12:07 AM
The best I know is the best I've seen. Right now the best I've seen is the crated 250R. I'm repeating it for the 3rd time in this thread so that it sinks into your west coast monkey thick skull, if something else cooler comes up, it'll be the holy grail TO ME. In the meantime, THIS is the holy grail, to ME.

yeah......maybe your right....I may have been picking fly chyte outta pepper on you....and I've been too much of a hardcore triker for Mikey.......

Sorry Mikey,

if you wanna call it your "wittle hoewy graywil' go for it........

but better keep an eye on any loser mechanics outta arizona that have 250R's with OEM parts wanting to elbow in on your turf here at 3WW...no mater how small or insignificant they are......they have nothing positive to give to the community......Right Mikey?.........LMAO

300rman
10-10-2010, 12:09 AM
wow this is out of hand it seems like...needs to be locked, this doesnt exactly look good out in the open :/

mymint87
10-10-2010, 12:20 AM
HOW IS IT BACK PEDALING IF I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE EXISTENCE OF SOMETHING THAT IS A PIPE DREAM?! Call me o ye of little faith or wtf ever, thats the bottom line. I don't believe in fairy tails. the 87s and the 500 is a fairy tale as far as I'm concerned, and your placing sooooooo much weight in something that doesn't even exist that your ignoring the blindingly obvious that is the here and now.

I make my decisions based on that which I know, by reason of my own mind to be fact. Not that which other people try and "feel" as fact.

OK THEN...Thrillbillies holy grail is a crated ATC250R.....but when the day comes when your enlightened to truth.....you know I'll be here digging in the forums with the search engine....dying to bump this thread on you.....LOL

factoryX
10-10-2010, 12:56 AM
If you truly believe that this is JUST an 86 250R in a crate, I feel sorry for you.
Why? Do you have any clue what this will do to the 250r market? Yes its special but $50k plus special? Everybody is going to be pricing there trikes for $4k-$15k, just because it is low hour or it is restored. The day that happens, the day I am done with trikes. Famous craigslist quote : "I see them going for this much on ebay."

Buster Brown
10-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Holy grail???..... Holy $h!+ !!
Is this the open forum or fight club?
LOL, this is crazy. I can't wait to be a run of the mill peasant again. All this talk of the holy grail being in my possession is making me want to pray.
I have to laugh a little when I actually stop and think we are sometimes fighting about 3 WHEELERS! With all the problems in the world?? WTF(LOL)
I'm drunk and off to bed......
Night guys!

dcreel
10-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Why? Do you have any clue what this will do to the 250r market? Yes its special but $50k plus special? Everybody is going to be pricing there trikes for $4k-$15k, just because it is low hour or it is restored. The day that happens, the day I am done with trikes. Famous quote : "I see them going for this much on ebay."

If that is all it takes to remove you from happiness... There isn't much to say besides "bye".. I've been in this 3 wheeler "club" come hell or high water for over 20 years, and I can guarantee you the raising of prices on one model of 3 wheeler aren't going to force me out. If you are going to put forward hate and discontent to save you some money, then again I feel sorry for you.

rasorroad250r
10-10-2010, 01:20 AM
The funny thing is how long before someone restores a nice one and re pros a crate and box, sells it for "only" $10,000.

crazyflights
10-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Hoosier Daddy

factoryX
10-10-2010, 02:14 AM
okay dude, I am 19, and I really don't care if I am in the club or not. LOL, the fact that I am riding a trike of some performance level during this time and age is a one of the coolest things for me and everybody thinks I am nuts because of it. But even today it would be cheaper to buy a 85-86 atc250r then rebuild a 250r motor, and this auction is going to make it worse. And by doing so this will end it for most people that are struggling right now.

dcreel
10-10-2010, 02:25 AM
okay dude, I am 19, and I really don't care if I am in the club or not. LOL, the fact that I am riding a trike of some performance level during this time and age is a one of the coolest things for me and everybody thinks I am nuts because of it. But even today it would be cheaper to buy a 85-86 atc250r then rebuild a 250r motor, and this auction is going to make it worse. And by doing so this will end it for most people that are struggling right now.

I definitely applaud you at 19, for doing what makes you happy. I pay $1000 /month child support, I know struggling. I've known struggling my whole life. The fact of the matter is.. If you want it bad enough, you will work hard enough to make it happen. No matter the cost.

fabiodriven
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I find it very refreshing to see so many of the veteran members finally surfacing.:D

hang&rattle
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I find it very refreshing to see so many of the veteran members finally surfacing.:D
I agree with fabiodriven (again, wtf?). I like to hear the longtime 3-wheeler folk talk. Believe it or not, learning alot about some people's character. I never really considered what this would do to the overall price of a 250r (good point factoryX), wonder if it will really effect Tecates, 200/350x's, or tri-z's. And at any rate, I can buy nice 4-wheelers now for me and the kids on our budget, for the price of the 3-wheelers (trikes are expensive to fix up and look nice), and I would spend less of my own time working on them. So I will always own something with 3 wheels. So will my Son. He loves his trike and would gladly take a Tecate or Z/R over any quad, he's 11. Over 40,000 85/86' r's produced, someone mentioned a Tecate wouldn't be worth as much in a crate, I disagree. Less Tecate's. To me that would be special. But like BusterBrown said, with all the crap going on in this country/world, this is a pretty heated debate between folk, who ALL are really passionate about 3-wheelers.

Dirtcrasher
10-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I just think it's a phenominal piece of history, "holy grail?" Wouldn't a crated T3 or Tri-Z also be holy grails??.

An ATC500R would be rare but not very rideable and I doubt it would be in a crate; If it in fact exists......

Vintage Mike - Your restorations are spot on and I'm glad to say I met you. I had no idea who you were back then but I feel lucky to have spoke with someone so passionate about his restorations.

3wheelsinPA
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Why? Do you have any clue what this will do to the 250r market? Yes its special but $50k plus special? Everybody is going to be pricing there trikes for $4k-$15k, just because it is low hour or it is restored. The day that happens, the day I am done with trikes. Famous craigslist quote : "I see them going for this much on ebay."

I won't do jack to the market. Supply and demand.
The value it has is because of what it is, uncrated. Not having any other verifiable uncrated bikes to compare it to, it's worth is what someone is willing to pay for it (low supply). Just like any other collectible, as soon as it was removed from its packaging and played with it'd be worth whatever other low hour bikes are worth (high supply).
Sure, someone might price theirs high for a while, but when they don't get it the prices will come back down into line.

Dirtcrasher
10-10-2010, 12:50 PM
^ I agree 100%

It may affect the market of "crated" R's but not the normal crap only we can afford :lol:

mymint87
10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
:postwhore:postwhore:postwhore

WTF...too much chatter and too many numb noodles....maybe I should start from the beginning so 90% of you FREAKIN TRIKERS have a clue

OK...when you see the letters ATC.....that doesn't mean air traffic controller or any of the MANY other trike manufacturers BESIDES HONDA.........GET IT?....LMAO

and where did this VALUE debate BURTH FROM:wondering.....seems like someone arse.....

the best thing about the CRATE ATC 250R besides a great guy who deserves a break getting good coin for it.....is THAT WE ALL BENEFIT in a way as the publicity ANDY has created with his sale is surely going to shake the trees and open the barns......I eagerly await the coming months and years to see what pops up next to silence the non-believers:D

Thorpe
10-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Holy grail???..... Holy $h!+ !!
Is this the open forum or fight club?
LOL, this is crazy. I can't wait to be a run of the mill peasant again. All this talk of the holy grail being in my possession is making me want to pray.
I have to laugh a little when I actually stop and think we are sometimes fighting about 3 WHEELERS! With all the problems in the world?? WTF(LOL)
I'm drunk and off to bed......
Night guys!

Amen-- This thread is getting a bit out of hand. We should all be happy and excited for Andy, and if you are jelous or dont have anything decent to say, go pound sand.

Dirtcrasher
10-10-2010, 04:48 PM

WTF...too much chatter and too many numb noodles....maybe I should start from the beginning so 90% of you FREAKIN TRIKERS have a clue

OK...when you see the letters ATC.....that doesn't mean air traffic controller or any of the MANY other trike manufacturers BESIDES HONDA.........GET IT?....LMAO

and where did this VALUE debate BURTH FROM:wondering.....seems like someone arse.....

the best thing about the CRATE ATC 250R besides a great guy who deserves a break getting good coin for it.....is THAT WE ALL BENEFIT in a way as the publicity ANDY has created with his sale is surely going to shake the trees and open the barns......I eagerly await the coming months and years to see what pops up next to silence the non-believers:D

Post #31, by ME - "I just think it's a phenominal piece of history, "holy grail?" Wouldn't a crated T3 or Tri-Z also be holy grails??."

I said it first (note to self, insert postwhore, banned, smiley faces, scratching head and such......)

hang&rattle
10-10-2010, 06:37 PM
^Or post #30 by me. I was just subtle also. And like all three wheelers, but prefer Tecates (easier for me to work on).

portland250r
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I just think it's a phenominal piece of history, "holy grail?" Wouldn't a crated T3 or Tri-Z also be holy grails??.

An ATC500R would be rare but not very rideable and I doubt it would be in a crate; If it in fact exists......

Vintage Mike - Your restorations are spot on and I'm glad to say I met you. I had no idea who you were back then but I feel lucky to have spoke with someone so passionate about his restorations.

the trike exists(atc 500r) its in california the guy is afraid if he shows it to the public honda will take it from him.
for more information read this thread thats were i found this out.

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?p=343650

a lot of you guys who posted in here already know about it. the thread says it all.
l

Eric250R
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Just another thread about a trike that no one can prove exists.....Not saying it isn't true, but til I see it I don't believe it. I will say this.....and not again....I have personally seen and ridden a trike many times that was never supposed to exist. But I do not bring it up on this board because I have no proof. And seriously, I think everyone has made their point, can we just let this thread die now ?

RapidRick
10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Geez, all this time and energy spent on yapping about this. :wondering

How about spending some time and energy voting these idiot arrogant senators and congressional representatives out of office so America can get back to basics again. :idea:

mymint87
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
I will say this.....and not again... why?....for fear of ridicule?....thats what you face here and that about sums up the narrowmindedness of ignorance.
I have personally seen and ridden a trike many times that was never supposed to exist. But I do not bring it up on this board because I have no proof. well that's pretty effing sad if your friends here dont take your word for it...what have you to gain in disclosing the info?...NOTHING....but yet you have everything to lose?
yeah I guess your right....unless its posted here in this board and annionted by Mikey....and then endorsed by Thrillbiily.....its fantasy.....

it's shocking to me that peeps here would take that arrogant stand....do you realize how people in the know look upon that behavior?.......their looking at you peeps like your stupidiots

but that's what you get my mindless friends....when you let the blind lead the blind

Billy Golightly
10-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Call me a heathen, but I don't follow things blindly that I can't see/hear/feel/touch/know by reason of my own mind to be real. Following anything that you cannot verify that way, is fantasy. Its not arrogance. Its called logic.

Ironbnder
10-11-2010, 11:14 AM
To Mymint87, I do not know who you are, but you could have invented the ATC, and with all of your 1375 post and your 8 years as a member on 3WW, this thread of you attacking other members for their opinions or accomplishments has led me to believe you are just an angry prick. And that is just another opinion for you to rant about.

vintagemotorsports
10-11-2010, 11:21 AM
minty mint... got alot of friends on here ...great job!!!!

thestud25
10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I have a NOS/OEM AltTri-ZAtcKLT 1000 in a factory Yahondsakiuki Crate! I Have the MSO, as well as all paper work! Of course I cannot/will not provide pics or any other proof besides my word.

X ownerX ownerX owner

mymint87
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
To Mymint87, I do not know who you are, but you could have invented the ATC, and with all of your 1375 post and your 8 years as a member on 3WW, this thread of you attacking other members for their opinions or accomplishments has led me to believe you are just an angry prick. And that is just another opinion for you to rant about.

uhh...mymint87 is spelled with all lower case letters:postwhore

look, Im not the one with my head in the clouds, does anyone here even know the definition of Holy Grail?

I always get caught up in cluster effs here and its very frustrating

I've come to the conclusion that you all purposely ignore the topic and in some kind of constipated state of mind, post up your chyte just to argue with me

I mean, they have brochures of 87 models and all the mindless multitudes here to say NEVA?....LOL....you moofers think photshop was around then?

I'm done with arguing with you flunkies, I going back to my god-for-saken hell hole AKA the fight club and ignore you trikers

Billy Golightly
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I know this thread might seem a little bit harsh, and maybe I'm just jaded...but if someone told me Honda manufactured pink elephants for 3 months in 1986 I'd kind of have to see it to believe it, ya know?

Billy Golightly
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
uhh...mymint87 is spelled with all lower case letters:postwhore

look, Im not the one with my head in the clouds, does anyone here even know the definition of Holy Grail?

I always get caught up in cluster effs here and its very frustrating

I've come to the conclusion that you all purposely ignore the topic and in some kind of constipated state of mind, post up your chyte just to argue with me

I mean, they have brochures of 87 models and all the mindless multitudes here to say NEVA?....LOL....you moofers think photshop was around then?

I'm done with arguing with you flunkies, I going back to my god-for-saken hell hole AKA the fight club and ignore you trikers

OMG...now I'm really confused. WHAT THE HECK WAS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD IF THIS WASNT IT?!?!

andrew j hyman
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM

This is Way too Funny now. Hay Mike What did you do to this POOR guy..

Thorpe
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Holy Grail--
grail   /greɪl/ Show Spelled
[greyl] Show IPA

–noun
1. ( usually initial capital letter ) Also called Holy Grail. a cup or chalice that in medieval legend was associated with unusual powers, esp. the regeneration of life and, later, Christian purity, and was much sought after by medieval knights: identified with the cup used at the Last Supper and given to Joseph of Arimathea.
2. ( sometimes initial capital letter ) Informal . any greatly desired and sought-after objective; ultimate ideal or reward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1300–50; ME graiel, graile, etc. < AF grahel, grayel, OF gräel, grel < ML gradālis platter, of uncert. orig.

Dont let the door hit ya....

mymint87
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
minty mint... got alot of friends on here ...great job!!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:I sure do......your point? many of my friends will enlighten me about you and many wont, but they will still be my friends cuz they choose to be.......those who are not my friends also choose to be....you sound like an immature child with that post

I do it all again.....you are not the authority around here....OH WAIT....LOL....you are....LMAO
my feelings about you, I think your sole purpose here is to milk money...you should change your name to, onlywhenitstomyadvantagemotorsports

look, this is how I see it.....your a pro at what you do and im a pro at my career.....I know tons of simple tricks at what I do and that makes me conclude that you must know tons of simple tricks too....and when someone asksme.... I freely give, I could mask the trick so it seems like brain surgery....but I dont...whereas YOU, I feel your so damn afraid someone will use your simple tricks, you go as far as to slam anyone on here who you think is a threat to your monopoly here, or you explain it as clean room nuclear physics with a chaser of walnut shells.....LOL. here's an example of what i mean by simple trick, say you know of a walmart brand spray paint that matches OEM perfectly and even lasts longer.......would you tell everyone here.....HELL NO......you just run around claiming How much your restorations (Alledgely) sell for so you can justify your prices and promo your business...and i've told you before your self promotion here far outweighs the SIMPLE tricks you freely give to the average garage restorer...you know that because weve posted about it before..I'vee seen many trikers rebuilds here on both boards and some NOT on any boards...and i tell you.....there is tons of talent out there and I honestly regret to inform you that I dont consider you in the top 5 that I know of...and im positive that there are tons more

so if I think that...then why should I respect your judgement as to what a holy grail is or isn't in the trike community?.......and WTF is wrong for me thinking that?

maybe you shoulda stepped back and actually looked up the definition of Holy Grail...before you spewed....

it is your facade of God around here that prompted me to post......and its a very simple message...That this one crated 1986 ATC250R cannot be the Holy Grail of ATC's...you yourself dont know if there is more out there...

( and this logical thought is for Thrillbilly)....just looking at the numbers......if we know of AT LEAST 3 crated Tecates (which were produced in fewer numbers,) and out of ALLLLLLLL the honda dealers (which were more than the Kawasaki dealers)in businees at the time of the cessation, and ALLLL the many more ATC's that were produced than Tecates....then Logically?:welcome:

mymint87
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I know this thread might seem a little bit harsh, and maybe I'm just jaded...but if someone told me Honda manufactured pink elephants for 3 months in 1986 I'd kind of have to see it to believe it, ya know?

I give up on you....dontcha think youve slapped me around enough in this thread?

Billy Golightly
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
:lol: I'm not slappin you around, I'm speaking in mymint so hopefully you can understand what I'm saying!

Logically speaking, there were higher production #s of 250Rs than Tecates, yes. However, also logically speaking, HONDA was much more involved with the litigation and "cessation" as you call it and were probably more appt to be careful on what got left around and what didn't. If we "know" of 3 Tecate's in the crate, thats already 2 more than we know of for 250Rs!

vintagemotorsports
10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I dont know where you get off making up this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro . I have always lended help and advise when asked by members on this site and i have since the begining of 3ww in the 90s when it was just a couple of us doing this . this all goes back to the post i said to Andy there are alot of haters in the world I meet people like you all the time , you never have anything good to say you look at whats wrong with something and get off making a huge deal over it . I think you are just jealous that Andy is making this much money off of this 250r bottom line, and its not going to you .. you think i charge too much for my work well then you would think i am a millionaire then quess what I am far from that I work an average of 6 days a week most nights till 11pm finishing emails and phone calls , I put more time into these ATCs i build than most people would why ?? because I cant sleep at night not knowing i cut corners or half assed a job will never happen with me . I could easily make more money going back to working on cars at the dealership as i did for 15 years prior to doing this . I dont because I love what i do and live and breath this stuff . You claim to be this hard core triker i think your just some miserable prick who likes to stir up trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro . Do I care if you like me , hell no I am much better off in life without people like you and i think this site would be better off too.

mymint87
10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I dont know where you get off making up this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro . I have always lended help and advise when asked by members on this site and i have since the begining of 3ww in the 90s when it was just a couple of us doing this . this all goes back to the post i said to Andy there are alot of haters in the world I meet people like you all the time , you never have anything good to say you look at whats wrong with something and get off making a huge deal over it . I think you are just jealous that Andy is making this much money off of this 250r bottom line, and its not going to you .. you think i charge too much for my work well then you would think i am a millionaire then quess what I am far from that I work an average of 6 days a week most nights till 11pm finishing emails and phone calls , I put more time into these ATCs i build than most people would why ?? because I cant sleep at night not knowing i cut corners or half assed a job will never happen with me . I could easily make more money going back to working on cars at the dealership as i did for 15 years prior to doing this . I dont because I love what i do and live and breath this stuff . You claim to be this hard core triker i think your just some miserable prick who likes to stir up trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro . Do I care if you like me , hell no I am much better off in life without people like you and i think this site would be better off too.
rode my first one in 1973, an original owner of a 1978 which is alive and well....and Im still riding on 3 in 2010.....you dont even own one dude, so WTf are you doing here?
:welcome:

wheres that LOSER smiley face when you need it

oh well:banned::banned::banned:

vintagemotorsports
10-11-2010, 05:06 PM
you really should get off the crack its not good for ya , your right i dont own one I own one I own 19
1970 US90 red
1970 US90 yellow
1970 US90 parrot green
1970 US90 aquarious blue
1973 ATC 90 mighty green
1973 ATC 70
1985 ATC70
1985 ATC 110
1986 125m
1985 200x
1985 250sx
1987 200x
1986 250r
1986 350x
1985 KLT 110
1982 KLT200
1985 tri moto 125
1983 ALT125
1984 ALT185

mymint87
10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
i have since the begining of 3ww in the 90s when it was just a couple of us doing this .

I think I found your problem.......you think you invented the 3 wheeler......LMAO

but you didnt invent the 3 wheeler, you dont even modify/build 3 wheelers, you swap parts and copy what someone has already done.....nothing you put out is original....

BTW...I like how you padded that date by almost 10 years.....LMAO
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

vintagemotorsports
10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
your right i have never done anything original , just a parts swapper

BTW I remember 3WW was around when i built my house in 1998 back when 3 wheelio , and tri-Z jim were around , Ive been around Old man ...

thestud25
10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
your right i have never done anything original , just a parts swapper

BTW I remember 3WW was around when i built my house in 1998 back when 3 wheelio , and tri-Z jim were around , Ive been around Old man ...

Looks pretty stock to me!!! LOL J/K. That white one is sweet looking!!

RideRed250R
10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
you really should get off the crack its not good for ya , your right i dont own one I own one I own 19
1970 US90 red
1970 US90 yellow
1970 US90 parrot green
1970 US90 aquarious blue
1973 ATC 90 mighty green
1973 ATC 70
1985 ATC70
1985 ATC 110
1986 125m
1985 200x
1985 250sx
1987 200x
1986 250r
1986 350x
1985 KLT 110
1982 KLT200
1985 tri moto 125
1983 ALT125
1984 ALT185

why do you own mostly the shitty ones? LMAO jk... sorry just had to

dksix
10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
VMS....
I don't want to get into this debate but I've got to say that the red custom 110 is absolutely awesome. Top notch work but everything I've seen that you have worked on has been the same. How much of it is 1 off custom made stuff? Is there a thread or info on the build anywhere I could look at? Thanks for posting that.

vintagemotorsports
10-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I do some custom stuff but most of what i do is 100% OEM here is the thread on the 110 build it is all custom thanks
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?100366-vINTAGE-MOTORSPORTS-110r-IS-DONE-PICS-!!

Orangecnty250r
10-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Bottom line.....Andy's wheeler is at the very top of the food chain.....at the moment....the KING......the right Honda's have the largest fan base and are more pursued than any other make. And he has the highest performance model three wheeler they ever mass produced in the freakin CRATE. Show me better......i'm waiting.

83ATC185
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
the thing is, yes, it is a 250r. they made a lot of them. They are rare today. you can restore one all you want. you can search for parts. you can refinish the plastics, you can spend all the money in the world. but youll still have a 3 wheeler with fingerprints on it. theres parts of that trike that havent had hands on it in 20 something years. Even most meticulously restored trike is worn to some extent. if youve started the motor, if you turned the handlebars. if you rolled the wheels, if you tightened a bolt, it is worn to some extent. everything is worth what people think it is. that is what value is. To me, that trike is a picture of what was and is part of the history of what we all love. You (mintboy) talk about this trike like you have a warehouse full of them. No one else on here is saying that. I would give money just to have a good look and get my picture made with the box. I dont understand why you(mintboy) go against everyones opinions over a trike. Its special to some, myself included. if you disagree, do it like the person on the first page. i can respect that. you on the other hand...

fabiodriven
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
the trike exists(atc 500r) its in california the guy is afraid if he shows it to the public honda will take it from him.
for more information read this thread thats were i found this out.

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?p=343650

a lot of you guys who posted in here already know about it. the thread says it all.
l

That thread is pure garbage and explains absolutely nothing aside from the fact that there are some crazy arse, obsessed (in a bad way) mofo's chasing a pipe dream that may or may not exist. Personally, I doubt the existence of this 500R, but who gives a flyin flip what I think. Look at the posts in that thread. It's all gibberish. There is not one iota of proof in that entire pile of poop.

mymint, I'm not the most stable of guys, and I've gotten a little carried away before on here with shooting off my mouth and what-not. You sir, are absolutely out of your tree. That whole thread on .org is about as useful as tits on a bull, and this one is heading the same way. You seem to be obsessed about this 500R, and I know what's coming next... "It's because you're just that crazy about trikes!!!! Crazier about trikes than anyone!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!" The truth of the matter is, you're just crazy. You are absolutely out of your mind. You're coming on here telling people what they should and shouldn't think, and then spewing off a bunch of he said she said BS that is completely unfounded to anybody who doesn't know you personally with absolutely no proof of anything you claim. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but I am 100% convinced that you are out of your f**king crackers and at this point I would have trouble believing you if you told me the earth is round. Can you guess who convinced me of this? You did!

Go ahead and click on the little quote icon and fire away. I'm not gonna bother to respond because you can't win an argument with somebody who is never wrong, or at least can't ever admit to it. Fruitcake.

atcrider1
10-11-2010, 10:11 PM
That thread is pure garbage and explains absolutely nothing aside from the fact that there are some crazy arse, obsessed (in a bad way) mofo's chasing a pipe dream that may or may not exist. Personally, I doubt the existence of this 500R, but who gives a flyin flip what I think. Look at the posts in that thread. It's all gibberish. There is not one iota of proof in that entire pile of poop.

mymint, I'm not the most stable of guys, and I've gotten a little carried away before on here with shooting off my mouth and what-not. You sir, are absolutely out of your tree. That whole thread on .org is about as useful as tits on a bull, and this one is heading the same way. You seem to be obsessed about this 500R, and I know what's coming next... "It's because you're just that crazy about trikes!!!! Crazier about trikes than anyone!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!" The truth of the matter is, you're just crazy. You are absolutely out of your mind. You're coming on here telling people what they should and shouldn't think, and then spewing off a bunch of he said she said BS that is completely unfounded to anybody who doesn't know you personally with absolutely no proof of anything you claim. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but I am 100% convinced that you are out of your f**king crackers and at this point I would have trouble believing you if you told me the earth is round. Can you guess who convinced me of this? You did!

Go ahead and click on the little quote icon and fire away. I'm not gonna bother to respond because you can't win an argument with somebody who is never wrong, or at least can't ever admit to it. Fruitcake.

^^^^ X2 lmfao

Thorpe
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Preach on Fabio!!! Amen brother!

Dirtcrasher
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM
It's almost like a teenager texting with all the dam "postwhore, banned, rolleyes, LOL and so on"

IDK how anyone can sit next to you and have a discussion.

As far as your other useless thread, I'm well aware as to the "ATC" trademark but there all trikes, threwheelers and ATC's to me. Were not writing college papers are we?

And MANY of the 500 conversions were well thought out and the best the person could do, better every time. Yeah, MARTS forward kicking and counterbalanced motor wasn't thought out well huh? The guys don't have pics or prints and aren't Honda but they seem to do just fine...........

seadoo650
10-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Fruitcake.

HAHA.....Priceless!!!!!!

Slingblade
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM

^^^ Well Said, Fabio.

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:15 AM
.....at the moment....I like how you get in a bash while leaving yourself an out...

show me were i said it wasn't awesome....but it aint the holy grail....I think your too wimpy to admit it

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:25 AM

no you uneducated numbskull, MY post in THAT thread was expressing correct and respectful terminology when we talk about our trikes....we should respect the trademarks more and properly describe our trike when we talk about them..thats all

thats a totally different subject that all you disrespectful nadhoods haven't the brain compacity to absorb it

as far the ATC500R goes.....you aren't calling me a liar you blind boob head....but as far as the testimony by an ATC factory rider goes.......I believe him, and i personally dont even know him....YOU ALL are pathetic

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:40 AM
the thing is, yes, it is a 250r. they made a lot of them. They are rare today. you can restore one all you want. you can search for parts. you can refinish the plastics, you can spend all the money in the world. but youll still have a 3 wheeler with fingerprints on it. theres parts of that trike that havent had hands on it in 20 something years. Even most meticulously restored trike is worn to some extent. if youve started the motor, if you turned the handlebars. if you rolled the wheels, if you tightened a bolt, it is worn to some extent. everything is worth what people think it is. that is what value is. To me, that trike is a picture of what was and is part of the history of what we all love. You (mintboy) talk about this trike like you have a warehouse full of them. No one else on here is saying that. I would give money just to have a good look and get my picture made with the box. I dont understand why you(mintboy) go against everyones opinions over a trike. Its special to some, myself included. if you disagree, do it like the person on the first page. i can respect that. you on the other hand...

way to grasp the whole topic there Mr. Unknown, ..

heres the line again for all the idiots to continue to ignore so they can get a bash in...its special to all....but...it aint the HOLY GRAIL of the community as Mikey annointed it and all of you haters follow him like blind sheep....

WHERE are all the OUTLAWS HERE at 3WW...you know the ones with balls enough to have an opinion and stand by it?..................you dont get it?...thats your burden

ya know, you guys sure like to bash alot...must make ya feel good........

but if you agree with MIKEY admit it....dont skirt it like a girlymon

so far, all you wussheads have half truthed your way into this thread just for a bash.........why dont all of you cut the crap, go on record as agreeing with MIKEY....that you think the crated ATC250R is the HOLY GRAIL of trikes........simple as that....

I for one dont.........

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:41 AM
^^^^ X2 lmfao

same goes for you too.....cept next time....dont type so much, you might blow a brain fuse

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Preach on Fabio!!! Amen brother!

hardly biblical, what are you...fabio's disciple?......LMAO

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:55 AM
It's almost like a teenager texting with all the dam "postwhore, banned, rolleyes, LOL and so on"

IDK how anyone can sit next to you and have a discussion.

As far as your other useless thread, I'm well aware as to the "ATC" trademark but there all trikes, threwheelers and ATC's to me. Were not writing college papers are we?

And MANY of the 500 conversions were well thought out and the best the person could do, better every time. Yeah, MARTS forward kicking and counterbalanced motor wasn't thought out well huh? The guys don't have pics or prints and aren't Honda but they seem to do just fine...........

hey, I use the smileys that are here...at least someone in this god forsaken board can understand the 500 thread on 3WO.......but as far you calling it useless, that mighty belittling of you seeing how I have NEVER done that to your threads.....sooo....not knowing where that came from, i'll just write you up as numbnut too...i never said they weren't cool conversions, I have riden KASEYs 500 and that thing flew like a bat outta hell with an absolutely nonexistant vibration problem and handled like a damn cadillac....but i must fall on what Marty Hart said and I believe him.....everything was different...

so outta my respect for Marty Hart and what he said about the ATC500r...my only conclusion can be that KASEY's 500 albeit a sweet mofo......is not an ATC500r...because of the trademark respect get it?....its nothing to get butthurt about....but i see now that all of ya think you invented the trike.....What a crazey board

mymint87
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
HAHA.....Priceless!!!!!!

eh....just riding with buds on the bashwagon...i give ya a pass...your still my brosief

mymint87
10-12-2010, 01:15 AM
^^^ Well Said, Fabio.

ooops almost forgot you........sorry newb

anyway, I'll just continue on as I was before, talking about this with triker friends amidst the dunes....between me and them we always have a way of finding the truth we all want. at least they'll listen and give thoughtful input....

Ive learned one thing, time is on my side:banned::banned::banned:

here's one more smiley for ya fabio:welcome:...Im out....cya at the dunes:D

seadoo650
10-12-2010, 01:23 AM
eh....just riding with buds on the bashwagon...i give ya a pass...your still my brosief

Thanks for the love buddy. Not really jumping on any bashwagon, just trying to keep it light. For some reason "fruitcake" just struck me as funny and made me laugh. Still looking forward to heading west one of these and days and rippin up some sand with ya.

NINJA
10-12-2010, 02:04 AM
WHERE are all the OUTLAWS HERE at 3WW...you know the ones with balls enough to have an opinion and stand by it?..........

Alright, I'll no longer hold my tongue. Is Andy's crated 250R "The Holy Grail?" No, it is not. The reason it is not is because, it's existence has been solidly confirmed and is in a member's possession. I still think it's the greatest trike find that has ever shown up on 3WW though and deserves reverence.
I agree mintyfresh, the ATC500R is the "Holy Grail." It's existence is pure hearsay and it has purported mythical powers. But I do have faith that one day the ATC500R will be revealed.

Are you happy now, oh deacon of the dez?

tundrawillie
10-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Here's the deal. No chit, I know for a fact that there are three '86 ATC350X's in their crates owned by the same guy. He lives in Mississippi, not far from where I grew up. This is fact. He also has a complete set of '86 OEM plastics in the OEM packaging.

As far as the ATC500R, I personally spoke with Marty Hart about them. He told me they were 250Rs with 500 engines and slight modifications to the rake of the front end. This rake mod made them handle far better than the production 250Rs. How did I get in touch with Hart? I knew where he lived. I googled his name and city. Got the phone number. Called. He answered. I asked if this was Marty Hart that raced for Honda ATC team. He replied, "You got him...". He was home on lunch break. We talked for half an hour or so. He's in the commercial glass business and is into rock crawlers now. No factory trikes in his posession. He wishes he had one or two of them. He's a very nice guy. Was very flattered that I held him in such high regard.

atcrider1
10-12-2010, 12:04 PM
same goes for you too.....cept next time....dont type so much, you might blow a brain fuse

lmao, your funny

thestud25
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Alright, I'll no longer hold my tongue. Is Andy's crated 250R "The Holy Grail?" No, it is not. The reason it is not is because, it's existence has been solidly confirmed and is in a member's possession. I still think it's the greatest trike find that has ever shown up on 3WW though and deserves reverence.
I agree mintyfresh, the ATC500R is the "Holy Grail." It's existence is pure hearsay and it has purported mythical powers. But I do have faith that one day the ATC500R will be revealed.

Are you happy now, oh deacon of the dez?

I have stood back for the most part and just laughed at this thread. Ninja, you finally got it right without pissing and moaning. The real "Holy Grail"(Not the Holy Grail of trikes) has never been found and is still sought after by many many people. Thus to make the comparison that the Andy's crated R is the Holy Grail of trikes is missing the point. Albeit, it is the sweetest trike I have ever seen, and would sell my mother to buy it.

Ninja is right, the Mythic 500R would seem to be the Holy Grail of trikes. If and this is a HUGE if, the 500R is ever found, then it will cease to be the Holy Grail and a
87' 250R or 350x will be the focus of the hunt!

Just my $.02!

83ATC185
10-12-2010, 07:48 PM
way to grasp the whole topic there Mr. Unknown, ..
im just an idiotic, people bashing girlymon on 3 wheels, what do i know? Im not saying its the "holy grail". im saying its better than anyone could get from the factory. im saying its awesome. everyones saying its awesome. we could make this forum into a game. lets find the object which does not belong....

dksix
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Holy Grail of trikes or not, it was fun being able to see the auction, read the Q&A's ( and let me say: Andy I have nothing but respect for the way you handled them. You're good people in my book). There may be more of these, maybe a built by Honda ATC500R and maybe even some 87 R's and X's but this is the only one that has been shared with all us and all of the ATV word and this isn't a he said he saw bla bla bla. It's real and I have pics to prove it. I know I'm nobody in the the ATV, I know I don't know a fraction of what most of you guys do and never will but I bet I enjoy getting out and riding my old smoking 225DX as much as any of you do those highly build/modified trikes that I look at with such envy. I consider myself luckier than most of you old timers, because I learn something I didn't know every time I log in here. I've got files of pics from Kaseys and VMS builds, made some friends (if only through the net and PM's) and even got several pieces of tech advise bookmarked from DC ( as hateful as he sometimes comes off, he still knows his stuff ). Some of the stuff I've read in some of these threads in the few weeks I've been here really makes me wonder though, do you hardcore old timers ever enjoy your trikes in between the pissing matches?

ChrisD
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
If you ask me, the holy grail at this time is an 86 Tecate 3 in the crate. I have now seen the ATC250R in a crate, Hagen has a Tri z in a crate, now all we need is a Tecate in a crate, so when I win lotto, I can buy all 3. Unfortunately, the Tecate will most likely need a stator.

portland250r
10-12-2010, 08:40 PM

i find it useful dovespring250r gave out some helpful information he even said what city in california its in.
the trike exists and if you want to disagree then you might as well go tell marty hart that he's a big fat liar.
im not here to stay for the argument, all im doing is letting people know that the honda 500R is or once was real.

atc007
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Holy Grail of trikes or not, it was fun being able to see the auction, read the Q&A's ( and let me say: Andy I have nothing but respect for the way you handled them. You're good people in my book). There may be more of these, maybe a built by Honda ATC500R and maybe even some 87 R's and X's but this is the only one that has been shared with all us and all of the ATV word and this isn't a he said he saw bla bla bla. It's real and I have pics to prove it. I know I'm nobody in the the ATV, I know I don't know a fraction of what most of you guys do and never will but I bet I enjoy getting out and riding my old smoking 225DX as much as any of you do those highly build/modified trikes that I look at with such envy. I consider myself luckier than most of you old timers, because I learn something I didn't know every time I log in here. I've got files of pics from Kaseys and VMS builds, made some friends (if only through the net and PM's) and even got several pieces of tech advise bookmarked from DC ( as hateful as he sometimes comes off, he still knows his stuff ). Some of the stuff I've read in some of these threads in the few weeks I've been here really makes me wonder though, do you hardcore old timers ever enjoy your trikes in between the pissing matches?

Actually,,,,this is nothing!! You should've been around back in the day! The National racers I'm speaking of.. Using rental cars and streets as,,,well,,,demo derby lots. Good thing they all had amazing vehicle control. I have NO IDEA how most of them lived thru it!! Or didn't kill helpless civilians.. Extremely bad behavior from few, that started to ruin it for the calmer ones. They got more air with their rentals than they did their trikes some weekends...

Thorpe
10-12-2010, 08:48 PM
i find it useful dovespring250r gave out some helpful information he even said what city in california its in.
the trike exists and if you want to disagree then you might as well go tell marty hart that he's a big fat liar.
im not here to stay for the argument, all im doing is letting people know that the honda 500R is or once was real.

X owner Wheres the proof? Hard factual proof? The only 500R I have seen in any kind of a production, is Billys kit....

cattle-dog
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^ well said i also wondered if they actually got to ride.^^^^^^^^^

fabiodriven
10-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but Marty Hart is not Jesus, and even if he were I'm not religious. X owner

portland250r
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but Marty Hart is not Jesus, and even if he were I'm not religious. X owner

he's the guy who tested out the 500r he has talked about it now do you think he would make that up and lie about it?
you want to know more about it talk to dovespring250r.
there was 5 atc 500's made 3 of them was crushed and 1 was for parts then the other got into someones possession.
people always say those rare trikes dont exist, just because they cant find them doesnt mean theyre not real.
the 87 250r is out there and i have a good feeling theres a 87 350x hiding somewhere.

did you read the full thread fabio? theres lots said about the 500r itself and the guy is worried about honda so theres no pics allowed and its hard to believe without pics. marty hart helped invent it.

portland250r
10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
X owner Wheres the proof? Hard factual proof? The only 500R I have seen in any kind of a production, is Billys kit....

you want me to find proof?
ill see what i can do i doubt it will work but theres members on 3wo who say they have seen the trike in person and know where its at i dont know if theyre making up stories or theyre telling the truth but its been long enough now they should be able to snap some shots.

tundrawillie
10-12-2010, 11:34 PM
No, Marty Hart is not Jesus, but he raced the vibrating sumbish. It was not a unique model with its own plastics, etc. It was a modded 250R.

And the three crated 350Xs are real. The owner had a "strong" connection to a Honda shop. He has one set of white OEM plastics in the bags, also.

This is truth. I wouldn't waste my time typing out BS.

Thorpe
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
you want me to find proof?
ill see what i can do i doubt it will work but theres members on 3wo who say they have seen the trike in person and know where its at i dont know if theyre making up stories or theyre telling the truth but its been long enough now they should be able to snap some shots.

I think we all would love some proof... True concrete proof....

mymint87
10-13-2010, 01:12 AM
we ...

we?....LOL...theres always some sniveling stragglers left in the remnants of a dead thread....LMAO...your nothing but the residue of a turd waffle left by my size 12

portland250r
10-13-2010, 01:45 AM
we?....LOL...theres always some sniveling stragglers left in the remnants of a dead thread....LMAO...your nothing but the residue of a turd waffle left by my size 12

its not going to look good when you and thorpe see's each other in person.

factoryX
10-13-2010, 01:51 AM
meh, this has gone to far...

Leadfoot71
10-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Wow! I'm gone for a week or two and come back to this?!

Let me straiten everyone out and end this debate once and for all.

MY 1982 Honda 200e is the Holy Grail of Three Wheelers. Period. End of story. It belonged to my Dad but he's dead now. It's the only one like it in the world. It's past ownership is documented.

Currently no one person on Earth has enough money to buy it from me. However, if a group of people were interested in it (and pooled their money), I'd accept a Los Angeles class Nuclear attack sub, a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier, a couple of SR71 "Blackbird" spyplanes, about 1,500 M1AI Abrahms Main Battle tanks, an equal number of Nuclear tipped Tomahawk cruise missles, and a really suped up Mustang as payment. I'd also require a top notch pit crew to run, maintain and operate all the gear I just listed... and one of them had better have red hair and some really big hooters.

Clearly my 1982 Honda 200e "Big Red" is THEE one and only, "Holy Grail" of 3 wheelers. No other 3 wheeler in the world could replace it. You can't afford it! No one can!

Everything else is a distant second place. Fight about second place. Mine is the TRUE Holy Grail and it's all mine!

portland250r
10-13-2010, 02:36 AM
lets just leave the holy grail in our opinions.
it has caused to many problems we all own trikes and have something in common we shouldnt hate each other over a thread or opinions.

Thorpe
10-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Well put John! The BR is the Grail!

mymint87
your nothing but the residue of a turd waffle left by my size 12 Man, you are a piece of work...

tundrawillie
10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Agreed. The BR is special.

Mosh
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
If you go to watch a water balloon fight, and get tagged by a stray throw, and get your shirt all wet...well it is kinda hard to complain..

If you dont want hit by debris, best not to go around the explosion.

See if anyone picks up those analogies ?

luke
10-13-2010, 04:41 PM
No one person can/will tell me what "my" definition is of the Holy Grail. That is for me and my opinion to decide.
To some, and me, the crated 86, 250R is/was the Holy Grail. To others it may be an as-new red Tecate or an 87 Tecate in the box, or maybe a christmas blue 70 in the box ? We all have things we desire or would love to possess.
Now the crated R has been on the scene for some time, i'd like to see some one in europe find an 87 R, maybe even in the crate !!
I don't care about the 500, no real reason why, i just don't, and it's not for anyone on a t'interweb forum to tell me i should care.

REPEAT -

No one person can/will tell me what "my" definition is of the Holy Grail.

dksix
10-13-2010, 06:09 PM
MY 1982 Honda 200e is the Holy Grail of Three Wheelers.

Pics and documentation or it doesn't exists

portland250r
10-13-2010, 08:04 PM

lmao good one.

Leadfoot71
10-13-2010, 11:34 PM

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss335/1911Kimber/Big%20Red%20resto/?albumview=slideshow

Now I know that some folks will look at this and scoff at it's '83 forks or laugh at the fact I don't have OEM air in the tires, but that's not the point. This is the ONLY 3 wheeler my Dad ever owned. It was missing since 1996 and now it's back. No one else can ever have it...at ANY price. I wouldn't trade it for ALL the 3 wheelers in the world.

As far as I'm concerned, this was the most sought after 3 wheeler ever made.

fabiodriven
10-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah, you already told us.

dksix
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss335/1911Kimber/Big%20Red%20resto/?albumview=slideshow

Now I know that some folks will look at this and scoff at it's '83 forks or laugh at the fact I don't have OEM air in the tires, but that's not the point. This is the ONLY 3 wheeler my Dad ever owned. It was missing since 1996 and now it's back. No one else can ever have it...at ANY price. I wouldn't trade it for ALL the 3 wheelers in the world.

As far as I'm concerned, this was the most sought after 3 wheeler ever made.

I watched the slide show all the way through. Really nice work, I completely understand where you're coming from. I looked for a bass boat my dad had owned that we used to fish in. Finally tracked it down but it had been run aground and totaled, so my hopes of owning will never be realized. Congrats on finding and owning your holy grail.

cattle-dog
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
leadfoot very nice job your dads trike will serve you for many years to come now, and nice pics of the process of rebuilding it. ignore the bs of the over 2000 post club, that is one fine trike . do yourself a favor and start yourself a thread in trikesylvania on your rebuild instead of here your trike deserves its own spot .cattledog

tundrawillie
10-31-2010, 04:32 AM
:crazy:I have an '87 ATC250R in the crate and the only '85 ATC500R prototype that wasn't destroyed...