PDA

View Full Version : Zombie season is here! who loves zombie movies?

Mr_RPM
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
so as Halloween nears more and more zombie movies are on tv.

few that I saw on the TV guide are
Shaun of the dead (comedy central oct 30 & 31 shown a few times)
Dawn of the dead (AMC at 8 PM)
28 days later (AMC Oct 30, i forgot the time)
AMC series primer of "The walking dead" Oct 31st at 10PM

ect...

I just love them. Oddly i have Zombie dreams all the time (nightmares) and like to joke around about my "zombie plan" and other hypothetical events. haha zombies are just a good time. =P

what are some of your favorite zombie movies?
I love all of them but get a kick out of Shaun of the Dead.
oh and maybe lets us know the time and channel of other zombie movies that are playing if you come by them.

newrider3
10-19-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFLjN-BNS1Y&ob=av1n

Kinda cheesy, but classic.

Eric250R
10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I've got alot of zombie movies, hard to pinpoint one as a fav. I love old cheesy horror movies in general..

Lord Letto 20
10-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Resident Evil, can't wait to see Afterlife!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dc5iiT0f1s

bigbadktm
10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I love shaun of the dead, but I also just bought survival of the dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead, zombieland which is a freaking riot, plus there is another one called zombie town which is a b movie. but one of my new favorites is called dance of the dead, and is worth checking out if you like your zombies with comedy.

on the upside that new series on amc I think is going to be awesome....

sorry but I am big on zombie flicks and zombies in general

Mr_RPM
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
my favorite part of zombies is the failure of society and the survival part. any zombie movie that shows disaster and the towns all torn up and people working to survive is my favorite.
I have to check out day of the dead. haven't seen it yet.

JayBone
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
zombieland!!!

Jerm1179
10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
zombieland cracks me up

Billy Golightly
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2iGSmbaesI

rdlsz24
10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
I like Night of the Living Dead where they are trapped at that farmhouse, Dawn of the Dead in Milwaukee. Zombieland was cool in that is was a comedy.

I like zombie movies way more than the Halloween/Freddy/Jason slasher movies.

Rob

Mr_RPM
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2iGSmbaesI

sweet video

JayBone
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
wow never heard of this band. i like it!!!

atc350xer
10-20-2010, 04:13 PM
I love 'em all, but the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" is definitely in the top 3... The ORIGINAL zombie movie "Night of the Living Dead" was filmed right in my backyard here in Western PA.

Lord Letto 20
11-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Watched Resident Evil: Afterlife...BEST RESIDENT EVIL MOVIE YET! there is bound to be another one by the way it ended?

termeric
11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
the walking dead on AMC is pretty good. the first episode is online, and the other two are on the pirate bay. good show.

best zombie movie has to be 28 days later, dawn of the dead, or shawn of the dead

inv3ctiv3
11-19-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm a huge zombie movie fan but am oldschool....New zombie movies sucks, don't get me started on all these horror movie remakes, horror movies from the 70's and 80's are the only way to go! I will say Walking Dead is the best show on TV right now though!

Mr_RPM
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm a huge zombie movie fan but am oldschool....New zombie movies sucks, don't get me started on all these horror movie remakes, horror movies from the 70's and 80's are the only way to go! I will say Walking Dead is the best show on TV right now though!

If your talking about AMC's The walking dead then yes it is very awesome.

Cumberland BR
11-19-2010, 07:07 PM

I mostly agree with you, being a zombie flick fan, but the remake of Dawn of the Dead was awsome. Loving the Walking Dead too, great show.

swifty
11-19-2010, 07:55 PM
i love zombies i buy all my guns and wepons with one thing in mind.. how well will this kill a zombie... and day-dawn of the deads and residend evil trilagy are the best also the new show on sundays on amc walking dead

NINJA
11-19-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm fan of anything to do with zombies. There is a really good book called World War Z, that I highly recommend. I love to play Dead Rising, on Xbox 360 and I love all the Resident Evil games too. You guys named off some of the best flicks. I'll watch any zombie movie though, no matter how bad it is. There was a zombie movie I hadn't heard of before that I found on netflix, called 'Undead or Alive'. It was set in the west in the late 1800s. Unique setting, the acting was decent, there is a really hot chick in it, and I thought it was pretty damn funny!

inv3ctiv3
11-19-2010, 11:39 PM
World war z was dumb, so boring it's just random accounts of a zombie outbreak. The zombie survival guide is wayyyyyy better, the best zombie movie is Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE! The original dawn of the dead is really good along with the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead. There are tons of zombie movies but I'm an oldshool horror fan.

NINJA
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
World war z was dumb, so boring it's just random accounts of a zombie outbreak. The zombie survival guide is wayyyyyy better.....
Same author of the two books, I like both books but favor WWZ. Reading the Zombie Survival Guide is like reading Field & Stream. Random accounts of a zombie outbreak are interesting, what do you think each of George Romero's films are about?