PDA

View Full Version : West Coast TrikeFest?

falloutboy
10-21-2010, 03:00 AM
So I've been looking around a little bit. The annual TrikeFest appears to be held in Indiana. I'm sure there are a lot of us out west who would love to go to this but hauling our trikes over halfway across the country is just out of the question.

I say we start a satellite TrikeFest, call it West Coast TrikeFest. I think a good place to hold this would be at the Oregon Dunes (of course), not just because it's close to me :D but it is centrally located for those coming from the north and south. I have a couple contacts for an actual location (if anybody is familiar with Sand Fest) but I would be willing to help plan an event.

What could we do to make this a killer event? (no pun intended, haha!) For a date, at least coinciding with the weather here, July-September tends to be the nicest months. In June the wind tends to blow pretty hard. Sand Fest is usually 4th of July weekend, so I would think at least a few weeks from that. Dune Fest in Winchester Bay is usually the 2nd or 3rd week of August. Maybe the last weekend in July??

So yeah, now is the time to start thinking about this. I think it would be awesome to get all of us west coasters together for some trike fun!!

Xpress
10-21-2010, 03:56 AM
A West Coast trikefest isn't a west coast trikefest without miles and miles of tall fresh sand dunes to ride on. We have Imperial Invasion wich is pretty huge for us west coasters, even if it may be way down here in So Cali. A trip down here would take probably 2 days at most from Oregon. I made it to Coeur D'Alene Idaho in 2 days.

Bretmd94
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I keep trying to get my friends into going to the imperial invasion, but so far all im getting is "too far!"

I'm down to do a Pacific NW trike meet. Especially on the coos bay/north bend dune area. My parents have had a vacation house between Houser and Spinreel since the 70's. With dune access =P I wish we had the parking to hold the event there.

Twilight
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
If im able to do the import invasion. I might be able to hold a couple trikes in the trailer if someone wants to use there car.

ATC-Eric
12-02-2010, 04:28 PM
To and far in the same sentence, lol.

KASEY
12-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I AGREE. the only way that would make sense it would have to be.....FAR OUT I AM GOING TOO!!!!!!! OH HELL YES I AM GOING TO BE THERE 8 DAYS!!!!

Saleenster
12-09-2010, 04:18 AM
So I've been looking around a little bit. The annual TrikeFest appears to be held in Indiana. I'm sure there are a lot of us out west who would love to go to this but hauling our trikes over halfway across the country is just out of the question.

I say we start a satellite TrikeFest, call it West Coast TrikeFest. I think a good place to hold this would be at the Oregon Dunes (of course), not just because it's close to me :D but it is centrally located for those coming from the north and south. I have a couple contacts for an actual location (if anybody is familiar with Sand Fest) but I would be willing to help plan an event.

What could we do to make this a killer event? (no pun intended, haha!) For a date, at least coinciding with the weather here, July-September tends to be the nicest months. In June the wind tends to blow pretty hard. Sand Fest is usually 4th of July weekend, so I would think at least a few weeks from that. Dune Fest in Winchester Bay is usually the 2nd or 3rd week of August. Maybe the last weekend in July??

So yeah, now is the time to start thinking about this. I think it would be awesome to get all of us west coasters together for some trike fun!!

Father's day wkend in Florence brings out quite a few Trikes...along with some fast Honda 2 smokes :)

falloutboy
12-09-2010, 04:34 AM
I've been keeping up on the Dune Devilz forum, They put together a ride every year for fathers day. Maybe we could do something then...

Saleenster
12-09-2010, 07:18 AM
we've been going since '06, would not miss it.

Mendomotox
06-14-2011, 11:22 PM
oregon dunes sounds good, where exactly are we thinking?

falloutboy
06-15-2011, 12:49 AM
wow, I figured this thread was pretty much done. Unless there's someone else that wants to put something together, I've had my fill of be the main organizer of an event for a while. The local "Go Topless Day" for Jeeps has been my pet project the last four years. Like I said though, if somebody wanted to try to put something together, I would be willing to help out...

It would be cool though to have something with some ATC-cross to prove there's more than atc70 owners willing to compete.

The area I mentioned before is on the Coos bay, but Riley Ranch county park in Hauser should have dune access by the end of the year. It has some dirt trails, a nice big staging area, plus there's the campground...

250rRoostmaster
02-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Reviving an oldie, something like this needs to happen!!!

tri again
02-26-2014, 04:29 AM
Reviving an oldie, something like this needs to happen!!!

I agree.
We can also host free camping west of eugene just off i5
which is 42 miles to the dunes in Florence Oregon for travellers
on the way through. Lots of room to ride here too.

falloutboy
02-26-2014, 04:33 AM
Thanks man! I forgot all about this thread. The powers that be canned Sand Fest last year after moving it to Riley Ranch in 2012, where it proceeded to BOMB. I think like 5 vendors showed up, but enough about that...

I would still like to see a 4th of July weekend (7/4 is a friday) event happen.

tri again
02-26-2014, 05:05 AM
I just wish more of the trails were one way at the dunes.
Deep trails you'd need 30 foot flags.

I hope something happens. I'll even bring a few extra trikes.

250rRoostmaster
02-26-2014, 09:26 AM
I just wish more of the trails were one way at the dunes.
Deep trails you'd need 30 foot flags.

Yeah, that's why i like riding the dunes during the week!! Basically get the whole place to yourself so you can rip through the trails without worries lol

falloutboy
02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
amazingly, I've never had any close calls. *knock on wood*