PDA

View Full Version : looking for all the montana members on here

muthey
10-30-2010, 05:15 AM
I know of a few of them like hang and rattle, just hoping to find enough to where we can coordinate a nice ride meet at lions back here in glendive sometime there are plenty of trails and lots of room with minimal people, and the end of trail riding is approaching very soon but with quick enough thinking I think a good date can be set pretty fast so please respond and let me know

hang&rattle
10-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Old deuce, RigidWill, EMT59602, 3wheel_gunner. All of us have got the main rides up and runnin'. Just the distance. I hear ya muthey, I have been trying also, but never seems to work out. At least everyone got their rebuilds and major repairs handled, but work, broken down p.u.'s, money, kids, and health has really played into everyone's meeting up. Maybe you can light a fire under em'. I ride many times a week and nearly every weekend, that's how we roll in this family. Willy found a central spot in Monarch, close enough for everyone, just a suggestion.

muthey
11-03-2010, 10:44 PM
now that we are getting so close to winter, I have no idea how my 225 is going to start or not start, but I am sure as heck going to try and run it in the snow, maybe christmas vacation might be a good time to try and do something, as kids and work will give time off for people, might try that place in monarch, or maybe when everyone gets their income taxes, and has some kind of play cash we can try then. I might have found a secret stash of three wheelers here just have to check up on my lead and see if I can get my hands on some of them. I'm guessing most are hardtail utility ones but hey a three wheeler is a three wheeler, the honda shop here has a tri zinger for 400$ in great running condition, which I'm going to try and snag when I get my taxes back.

hang&rattle
11-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Good thinkin' muthy. I know I am planning St. Anthony ID, fathers day weekend next year. Or this early spring at Pishkun reservoir (income tax time), fun on the ice and in March and April it was 60 degrees some weekends. Monarch will be snowed in in a month and no returning till' late spring. There is a trike bone-yard I know of near Billings too.

muthey
11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
ohh sweet I'll have to check the phone book have lots of things in mind and would love to have a tri-z or a tecate, maybe even a 250r to add to my collection

hang&rattle
11-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I got lucky on my 2 Tecate's. Tri-z's seem to be expensive to obtain in Montana. Seen a couple of 250r's in the Flathead. An 86' for $600, but the dude never answered anyone on his add. And now one for $2000, and not worth it. Lots of members on here and .org that live in AZ and surrounding area's. Seen a nice 85' posted by a member in Las Vegas for $900. So don't get to excited about buying a sport bike too close. Also there is a fella in the Missoula area that has an 86' Tecate, great shape. He throws it up for sale a couple of times a year for $2000. Has been doin' that for 3 years or so. Nice, but not nearly worth it. I can hook you up with the dude at the boneyard, He has some 1st or 2nd generation R's. Will take some elbow grease and a little bit of $, but would be more fair than the ridiculous price whats asked in this state. Also keep and eye on the eastern Idaho and Spokane craigslist, some pop up there, and would save quite a bit even is you had to splurge for gas and time. The boneyard, however, is right below you, let me know. And remember, the R's, Tecate's and Z's are a whole different ball game, they are more then triple the price of a utility trike in repairs and parts.