PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with these descriptions???

Xfile
11-02-2010, 07:08 AM
First its all original, then comes the list of things that are not original (plus others that can be seen in the picture that are not listed) and the ever popular "can't keep the front end down" kicker at the end (throttle? clutch? use'm' man)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-HONDA-200X-ATC-/270657710932?pt=ATVs&hash=item3f0474eb54#ht_500wt_940

posty2100
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
sounds like a real torque monster.....lol, he just rambles about it in the description

wisconsinite
11-02-2010, 05:10 PM
maybe that's the one that does like 70 mph :)

hang&rattle
11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Lol! After reading your posts in my mind I pictured a 350x or r or Tecate, then clicked on the link :lol:, good one!

Xfile
11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
That has to be the one comment that people who have never ridden a trike before make to me that really just irritates me..."oh...it's one of those racing three wheelers, how do you keep the front end down".....my answer "well...you see...I can't, so I have actually been thinking about just taking off the forks and front wheel. There just dead weight anyway since they never really touch the ground." Stupid looks... 3-2-1....and action!

briano
11-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I called a guy about a 86 suzuki quadracer 250 that I found on my local CL, I have had 5 different lt250r's over the last few years, some good others not. Anyway he starts out telling me how fast it is and everything on it is for racing, racing motor, racing carb., racing fenders, racing tires and shocks, the only thing that wasn't for racing on it he replaced, RACING CHAIN. I was trying not to bust out laughing while he described the quad to me, all of his friends said it was the fastest bike they ever been on, he smoked a stroker banshee with it no problem and had been on the police radar at 110 mph, that's when the conversation was over. That's way to fast for me, hahahaha.

Xfile
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Thats a good point.....I like to call stuff what it is...for example...a performance exhaust system, a ported engine, low profile tires, works/elka/fox shocks, larger carburetor ect...... then you have the "racing" stuff...racing this and racing that...so, this must mean if I enter my big red in a race, all of it's parts are now racing parts.....racing racks(front and rear), racing auxillary power plug, racing mud flaps...the list goes on and on.

code200k
11-05-2010, 12:15 AM
whats up with the front brake line?

factoryX
11-05-2010, 05:43 AM
I love them oem fast trekkers.

posty2100
11-05-2010, 10:19 PM
guys on dootalk had this ad someone posted on craiglist for a sled......lol

"03 f5 with NITROUS IN IT. This sled will beat F7's and ZR 800's ALLLLLL DAYYYYY LONGGGGGG. You go up to a guy with a bigger sled, say wanna run a F5? You line up, pop the NOS and TOAST EMMMMM. Has a billet head with it to for even more perforance. Only one thing wrong with it, i think the motor is gone in it, but im not sure, it could be like a 2 cent seal or something. And my buddies uncle said sometimes it cost like 100 bucks to rebuld them. Will trade for something fast, anything, looking for a toyota supra or supercharged mustage or maybe another sled like a sno pro race sled with a 800 MOD engine. Like i said I like things thats are really really fast, my sled is."

haha got to love craigslist, brings out all the winners

Xfile
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
"I think the motors gone" but I'm not sure....does that mean when he opens the hood he isn't sure which part is the engine, so it might be there or it might not? "costs like $100 to fix" well you might get one piston and an aftermarket gasket set for that amount.......I sure hope the guy posted that for a joke!!