PDA

View Full Version : The Voters have spoken

thestud25
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Currently the country is facing a devestating financial crisis. Is it all Obama's fault? No. Is it all Bush's fault? No. Is it all Clinton's fault? No. I hope you get my point. Americans have been real quick to pass the blame and point fingers. If the constituents that we voted for over the years had OUR interests in mind, instead of stuffing there pockets with our money, we would not be in the situation. I think that Yesterdays elections rang clear. Our elected officials on all levels need to remember that we voted them there and we can vote them out.

Keep in mind that just because we shook things up and voted, does not mean the problems will be fixed over night. You must continue to voice your beliefs, expectations, concerns, and opinions to create real change. Our newly elected officials need to be reminded ever so vigilantly that they need to stick to the platform and promises that they were elected on, and not be swayed by opposing party pressure. It is time we start taking a stance to put America back on the right track!

Great Job to all that did their civic duty and voted!

300rman
11-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Well said:beer

dksix
11-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Every elected office should come with term limits. I would love to see that put on a ballot for the voters instead of letting Congress decide the terms of their employment. We have too many career politicians ruining the country.

Fungo Wizard
11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I think you should all write me in on the next ballot!!! LOL

RIDE-RED 250r
11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
THESTUD25 and DKSIX: couldnt agree more! Lets hope we as a nation can keep this vigilance up too and through 2012...