PDA

View Full Version : Got the Z apart

YTZ250N
10-07-2002, 08:55 PM
I think I have this down, got the motor out and the waterpump apart in 10 minutes. The top end was alright minus a small scuff along the exhaust side. It overheated down in Haspin. just had water in the radiators cuz a line popped off earlier in the day and dumped all over me. anyway took the top end in to work with me measured it up and it is on the stock bore. I convinced my boss into helping me rebuild it. Gonna try all kinda stuff whatever I can think of I wanna try it. anyone know what should be done? Lighten the flywheel, under cut the gears , porting, stroking, hot rod kit, crank work, anything else. I have some good resources. I have seen a picture of an intercooled turbo 250R that I thaught was pretty impresive. 10.5 second quarter mile. thats a little much for the pocket I'm sure.

Jeroboam7
10-07-2002, 11:50 PM
If your going to go to all that trouble of porting and polishing then why don't you press a YZ sleeve into the jug and run a YZ piston, the sleeve helps to get rid of that nasty problem of overheating that the TRI-Z had, it also increases gross horespower by 25% just by matching ports using the YZ sleeve, then mill the head to boost compression, and get yourself a decent flat slide carb! If you want to get more, then port and polish the new sleeve take it for a spin and see if the grin and the watering eyes will go away!