PDA

View Full Version : Banshee trike builds

desrat
11-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I know its been done, and it sounds ideal for my area(fast desert and dunes). Im just currious what frame is best and if anyone has ever used the forks from an 85(cr,yz,kx,rm,sx,tm) if so where did you get the triple clamps?
Also depending on the frame selected where does one get a massive fuel tank to feed such a cantankerous motor
Pics are always good too.

bigdarren
11-08-2010, 05:44 AM
how about a tri-z as a base to put the banshee engine in ??

desrat
11-08-2010, 01:35 PM
That is what I was thinking.
Anyone done this before?

atc500x
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Why not using the banshee frame and swap a 250r/tri-z front end on it?

jeddy
11-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Here's mine. I made my own lower cradle for a Tri-Z frame. If I did it all again, I'd try to use a liquid cooled 250R frame. Then I'd already have a gravity fed fuel tank and a good place for radiators. I'm guessing I'd run into issues with the top of the engine getting close to the bottom of the tank and radiators, but that's just speculation. I had to move the Tri-Z radiators a fair amount to clear the head, and that's before I got the cool head so we'll see how it fits when it's back together. The only thing good about using the Tri-Z frame is that the shock mount allowed me to use a banshee shock and run the banshee air filter setup. Not sure how it would work in the 250R, I have one in the garage I'll have to look closer at but I'm guessing the shock would be right in the way.

jeddy
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Also, forgot to mention, yes it is ideal for the dunes. Mine is pretty quick...

desrat
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Using a banshee frame and 250 front might work
Anyone know where one can get custom triples made? Id really like to run 85 forks. I ride in ocotillo and out here in palm springs, so constant deep nasty whoops are the norm.

desrat
11-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Even if this project cant get off the ground Id like to get some triples made for what I do ride

jeddy
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
My recommendation to smooth out big whoops is to pin it in third and keep the front end in the air the whole time while skipping over them on the rears. It helps to have your wife riding on the back to keep some weight on the rear end, she will shout words of 'encouragement' into your ear though...

dcreel
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Even if this project cant get off the ground Id like to get some triples made for what I do ride

PM Jason Hall. He is the man when it comes to building triples for inverted forks, or any kind of forks

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php?5199-Jason-Hall

tri-Z ripper
11-11-2010, 07:47 AM
My recommendation to smooth out big whoops is to pin it in third and keep the front end in the air the whole time while skipping over them on the rears. It helps to have your wife riding on the back to keep some weight on the rear end, she will shout words of 'encouragement' into your ear though...
hahahahahaha love it! i tried that only problem is cornering, not being able to stand and sway really is a pita with the woman on the back!

desrat
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
That looks proper!!! I remember that pic from dirt wheels a few Years ago. That thing is an east end of the country trike for sure. Best pic yet!!

fabiodriven
11-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I want a Banshee trike something fierce...

tri-Z ripper
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
what what what you want a yamaha John?

fabiodriven
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm not partial. The only one of the four I don't have is a Suzuki. I would own one if I came across a good deal on one.

Chugger
11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I have a banshee motor in a a tri-z frame i made a lower cradle for mine aswell i took out the stock tank and am running a zinger tank. The radiator mounting is not really to my liking but the whole bike is apart gonna rodo a few things and fresh paint and plastics.