PDA

View Full Version : canadian people need your help.maybe an american can help

mike from long island
09-23-2003, 04:52 PM
i sold a part to a canadian on ebay they sent me a money order from canada. it is a canadian postal money order and i cant cash it in any of my banks. it is for $42.50. i dont want to just throw it out where can i cash it here in the good old USA???

TimSr
09-23-2003, 05:03 PM
I ran into the same problem and found out the same way. My bank wanted $18.50 to process a $30 Canadian money order. I slipped it in a deposit at my other bank 2 weeks ago, and havent gotten a letter from them yet. Maybe one of the nice Candians on the board will cash it for you, and mail you cash for a small reward.

Howdy
09-23-2003, 05:29 PM
I have a had the same thing happen. So I have a easy fix for this. Just cash it at the local post office. The bank told me to do this. I took it to the the post office and they cashed it without any problem.
The only thing to check on the money order is if it is payable in US funds. If it is the Post Office should take it. ;)

Howdy

Mobular
09-23-2003, 07:05 PM
I've always found it quite annoying how most US banks won't accept out of area, let alone Canadian M.O.s. Here, we (well, at least I can) can cash anything short of the green US post M.O.s. For most things, I just send US dollar bills in the mail. Solves all that crap....well except for those that won't send out of their country......