PDA

View Full Version : Guess what day it is?

dc
09-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Today is my 18th birthday!! :-D :-D
Now I can get my motorcycle permit without having to take classes.
Yeah I know I'm pretty cheap, having to wait until I'm 18 so I don't have to pay for classes. I got myself a motorcycle about a month ago. It's a '81 850 special and it totally hauls! It's kind of a big bike to start on, but I'm a big guy. I'll take some pics of it as soon as I get home from school.

The only problem is that it is getting late in the year and it's getting too cold to ride.

Howdy
09-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!

Welcome to adult hood and all the pleasures that come with it. Like a full time job, mortgage/rent payments, heating and cooling cost, electric bills, water bills, and of course the TAXES. lol j/k I have always wanted to say that.
Anyway, Go out and have some fun today. It's your birthday and "You Deserve a Break Today". hehe
Howdy

TimSr
09-24-2003, 11:26 AM
....and dont forget to go to the post office and register for the draft! (do they still do that?)

Yardbird
09-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Save the big blowout and celebration for your 21st b'day. When you turn 18 you get all the responsibilities (voting, draft and rent). Turning 21 is when you get to fully enjoy the "adult" pleasures (buying beer, nudy bars and gambling) to name a few. Happy Birthday!

ATC crazy
09-24-2003, 04:08 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

MountainRider
09-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah TimSr (and dc), registering for Selective Service is "Still" a mandatory requirement for men upon reaching 18 years of age.

Hmmmm, I wonder when they're going to make it applicable to women too??!!?? After all, they ARE allowing women in combat zones now. Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

jeswinehart
09-24-2003, 05:20 PM
happy birth day ! along with the selective service ,,,,, you can now register with ebay too !

john

MountainRider
09-24-2003, 07:09 PM
And you can now become a dedicated VOTER and help to improve and shape our nation, states, cities, and schools for the better. Remember....If you don't vote, you have no right or reason to complain when things don't go right.

Wickedfinger
09-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Happy birthday man ... :shock:

thefox
09-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Happy Birthday! I know what you feel like, I got my bike on the road in the spring. And don't worry about the cold, I was riding my moped until November last year. As long as you dress warm and ignore the funny looks people give you for riding when it is snowing you will be fine. :-D Only 9 days till I go home from college for the weekend, then I can ride bike and trike all day. :-D :-D

-Andrew

dc
09-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Thank you all.

I didn't get the pics of my bike yet because I was working in our paintball grove with a friend. We're putting up a two story bunker. Well before I knew it, it was too dark to take pictures. Maybe tonight. Once I get my permit I plan on riding my bike to school a few times. But the problem is it's so cold in the morning. It was 34 degrees this morning. And then my mom won't let me cut school to get my permit. So the soonest I can get it is oct. 14.

dc
09-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Here it is!

thefox
09-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Wow, it looks pretty clean! I bet you are going to have a lot of fun on that.

-Andrew