PDA

View Full Version : I need money.

yoyodude55
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Right, I've been working at a gas station for 2 and half months, steady job, but it's out of town so I only work once a week. I'm 14, so work is slim. I'm gonna head to the Canadian Tire Station thats in town, and ask them for work, I already have expeiriance as a gas boy, so that would help. But IDK if they'd let me work because I'm too young. Any help?

KASEY
11-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Grow a mustache!!!

Vealmonkey
11-16-2010, 10:40 PM
If you are on here looking for suggestions, then I think you are not as motivated as you should be. Mow lawns. Rake leaves. Wash cars. Help your older neighbors by changing their oil and maintaining their cars. You have to get out there and do what you can.

coolpool
11-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Each Canadian Tire is individually owned so it will be up to them to decide what their minmum age is as long as they follow provincial rules. Go in with a "student resume", lots of examples online and a brief cover letter with your goals and ambitions; sell yourself, you are a marketable resource! I totally agree with Vealmonkey; You've got to hit the pavement. You're in snow country right? Go downtown and ask the store owners if they want you to keep their walks clean. Most places have bylaws that require sidewalks be cleaned within a certain amount of time. I know from experience that the storeowner with the suit and tie doesn't want to shovel at -30.

Good luck and think positive; positive things come to positive people.

JayBone
11-17-2010, 09:37 AM
I think if you need money or want money you gotta find a way to make it. At 14 it seems to me you weren't taught that if you want something you gotta work. It's not a diss or picking on you.

At 14 no job is beneath you and when your 40 and need money same rule applies.

Being 14 is a handicap cause you can't drive, but also can work in your favor cause you can learn more when your young to get ahead of others. If you want to work on stuff get into a place that does that. Clean the shop and a toilet. Work a register or stock boy. Like above change oil. Whatever it is... learn something and don't just sit while at work. Nothing more of a dissapointment is to see a kid who doesn't wanna work, but wants to get paid.

Good luck and get a job. ha ha

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Your 14v and already working, that says allot about you character. Just keep at it, we are in very difficult times!

oldskool83
11-17-2010, 01:38 PM
milk cows, mow grass for the milf next door, pull weeds, learn to paint, apply at mcdonalds, thats what i did, at 15 i went to food store.

go work on a farm, walk dogs,

rdlsz24
11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
If I were you I would enjoy your youth. You have the rest of your life to work lol

Rob

Honda250ES
11-17-2010, 02:27 PM
you need to be 15 to work at CT , its a insurance thing and workers comp.
your lucky you have a job now.

yoyodude55
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I asked there today, they said I have to be 16, but I also asked at another in town gas station, and they said to bring in a resume. I'm not very sure on how to make one, I've been looking them up, and I'll get my dad to help me. But again, thanks for the help.
Kasey- Got one, try and keep it off :P

oldskool83
11-17-2010, 10:16 PM
look up resumes on goodle, just copy one and type in what you have done, they will be impressed if a 14 year old has one anyway even if its only 1/4 page long.

Rumble_b
11-17-2010, 10:17 PM
you need to be 15 to work at CT , its a insurance thing and workers comp.
your lucky you have a job now.

Depends on the owner. Insurance and comp don't have anything to do with it. Working under the age of 16 in Ontario really only has a few restrictions. Mostly it has to be safe work environment(not a factory, warehouse, etc) and can not being during school hours if the person is in school. Sometimes parental consent is needed. I know this by hiring some one under 16 in the past. This was in retail.

YoYoDude- Just keep looking. It's nice to see someone your age wanting to work. I know it's tough at that age to get a job. It may be hard to get into somewhere like Canadian tire at your age. I know I'd be more likely to hire someone older.

SUPERBEAST
11-19-2010, 03:07 AM
you could put stuff on craigslist or ebay, old stuff you dont want just laying around not being used for extra cash, maybe selling scrap metal, not sure what prices in canada are for scrap metal