PDA

View Full Version : 200x 2 wheel conversion

matt86200x
11-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Hey guys i have recently acquired a 84 200x, started tearing the bike down to freshen everything up. While im at it i thought why not try to fab/ build/ buy a swingarm conversion so that i can run a stock 200x front tire in the front and rear. I have a bunch of extra 84/85 swingarms that i was going to chop and weld together for an extended swingarm but after some thought noticed that it would not fit in the back of my ranger if the swinger was extended so i may as while try a 2 wheel conversion.

So my thoughts were either to buy a fatcat or bigwheel rear swingarm and see if i can make it work? any thoughts as to my best way to go about this. Also how tough would it be to space the slim 200x tire in the swinger? The reason i would like to use the a front tire in the rear is b/c maybe i can eliminate the need for a different chain setup.

Pls let me know your thoughts as this would be a sweet conversion as long as i do it properly. Thanks for the input.

RapidRick
11-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Yes, I've been toying with the same thing and already have the TR200 swingarm and the rear hub. The TR200 swinger is wider at the pivot point than the frame, so I think the hot setup would be to use the stock 200X swingarm and weld the TR200 swinger to it. Similar to the poor image below. I haven't had the time or the inclination to start on this so I don't really know what the chain alignment would be like.

I think the 86 200X would be a better choice for a 200X frame b/c I believe they are actually a wider frame and would accept the stock TR200 swinger.109813109812

matt86200x
11-20-2010, 08:45 PM
:crazy:hmm so by the looks of the pictures the 200x swingarm was cut right after the shock mounts. This might actually work if i can find a tr200 swinger for a decent price. There is one on ebay now for 130$ a bit high for chopping it in half:crazy:

Anyone have any ideas as i have a 3 or 4 200x swingers that i can play with i just need to find a way to make it work with the stock 200x shock so that if i did want to convert the bike back to 3 wheels:TrikesOwn then i could make the swap within 15 min or so

RapidRick
11-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I TR200 swinger for 65. but that was a year ago. I picked up the rear hub for the same price about 5 months ago. Just have to pick off the cheaper ones as they come along.

350XJEDI
12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
I LIKE this plan i have the swingr of xr 2oo modified it fits perfect the front 2oox hub and tire just cant get the front hub moded for a sprocket have to choose sprocket or brakes want both??? @#$$% any ideas? it looks awesome need to finsh wil try to put pic soon