PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Triker, Keep him in your prayers.

Rawlins350x
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
My Neighbor Tony, good friend, and fellow trike enthusiast was in a really bad crash on his 250r yesterday evening. I haven't been in touch with him directly yet, but have talked to his family. He was life flighted 2 hours away to Pittsburgh. Went though 8 hours or surgery today, and could possibly lose vision in one of his eyes. Hoping to be able to talk to him tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers.

jeswinehart
11-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Lew, if you can come up with a address to send a get well card, please post up.

john

Rawlins350x
11-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Not sure of his address. He has a P.O. box. can just send them here if you want and i'll put them on his door.

just address:
Tony
108 helen st.
cairnbrook, pa 15924

Dirtcrasher
11-22-2010, 11:59 PM
What happened??

Keep us posted on his health please........

dcreel
11-23-2010, 12:02 AM
He's in our prayers for a quick recovery..

inv3ctiv3
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Hope he recovers fully and quickly!

Rawlins350x
11-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Its hard to say what happened as of now. I guess he was by himself on a straight away (2 mins from home here) and I'm guessing he was doing a wheelie (which he has been practicing). I know that the ems guys were saying he was conscience enough to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro something about the crank, and he knew exactly what was going on, luckily he was able to make the call to 911 himself. I know he went through extensive surgery yesterday for his eye, but they're unsure if he will lose sight in it or not. I'll keep you guys posted.

HuffieVA
11-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I love three wheeling as well as motocross and motorcycles in general both street and dirt. I hate hearing about someone getting seriously injured and the reality check that comes along with news like that. I hope your friend has a speedy and full recovery, and I hope that everyone here keeps the reality of our sport in the back of their minds not for the purpose of creating fear, but as a reminder to ride smart and ride as safe as we can because we all get complacent from time to time when flirting with that fine line…

CanadianThomas
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM
You friend and our fellow trike rider is in our family's prayers. Well wishes from us.

Rawlins350x
11-23-2010, 09:15 PM
A little more of an update. I guess his surgery went well yesterday, though he still can't see out of his eye yet. He has a broken femur and went back into surgery today again for his eye. Still haven't been able to talk to him yet, Hoping to go visit on Thursday or Friday.

tecat-z
11-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I wish your friend all the best for a speedy and full recovery.

beets442
11-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope he doing better..Beets

sx250heath
11-25-2010, 06:23 PM
I also hope he gets well soon and has a fast recovery. It just a reminder trikes are not toys but something that demands respect

Rawlins350x
11-30-2010, 11:39 PM
update: Tony is supposed to be released and coming home tomorrow, which is great news(and believe me, I need good news after the week I had). jeswinehart, I got your letter on Monday and will deliver it to him as soon as I get a chance to visit with him. I know he will appreciate it, I know it means a lot to me that you took the time to send one.

I had a few mins tonight to try to clear my mind (which involves me getting on 3wheelerworld.) My dad is in the last stages of life struggling with liver failure/kidney failure. This time of year used to be my favorite, but anymore it seems like when the leaves are gone life turns into a giant trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro storm. Just wanted to say thanks again to anyone that took time to read this thread and put Tony in your prayers, and also asking that maybe you can do the same for my dad now... blah