PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back From Homestead FL & The Championship Weekend!!!!

Vealmonkey
11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Just got back from Fl and watching all 3 Championship races at Homestead. What a great weekend. Sunday wasn't near as crowded as I thought it would be. The racing was way cleaner than I thought it would be too. The only person the crowd really booed all weekend was Kyle Busch. LOL He won the Truck and Nationwide races friday night and saturday. And the crowd totally cheered when he spun on the front stretch right in front of where we were at and then broke out in celebration when his car caught fire. What a great finish for a hotly contested Sprint Cup season. I got to see my buddy in Fl and his cousins husband and his buddy. Couldn't ask for a better weekend.

shortline10
11-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Sounds like you had a blast . Wish you would have looked me up while you were down here :confused:

Vealmonkey
11-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I wish I would have had time. It ended up being a kamikaze weekend of sorts. I was probably pretty close to your house, but everything was pretty whirlwind. Wish I had way more time down there. We ended up eating brunch saturday at gloria estafans hotel on miami beach, right up the street where they filmed some of scarface. Great food. I had the crab ravioli and 2 for 1 rum and cokes. My buddys' sister has a condo right on the corner about 30 steps up from gloria estafans hotel. Small, but super cool. There were alot more things I wanted to do, but sort of got out voted by the nascar guys. Heck, it didn't matter to me if we saw the races or not. I mean, it's south florida, you know? And you'll probably be upset hearing about my latest acquistion anyways. LOL

shortline10
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I know about your latest acquistion and I very happy for you as it's a great piece .

dcreel
11-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Spill the beans, Vealmonkey..

Vealmonkey
11-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, I have to get a new digi camera for one, so that has sort of put the unveiling off a bit. And I've also been working on a little christmas tune for the unveiling of the new trike. LOL Since thanksgiving isn't past yet, I've been patiently waiting to post. My song is based on the little drummer boy christmas song, but with a twist. LOL People may have seen it. It was posted in the classifieds on here. And, since it is what it is, I'm thinking of using a different engine in it altogether. It's in the living room right now. I've been playing with it some of course. It arrived in 3 boxes. And there may be another box coming with more goodies.