PDA

View Full Version : Muddogs Restorations North closing the door's for good...

sandpuppi101
11-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Well the day has come that has long been anticipated by me for many year's,I'm shutting the door's where it all began up here in Columbiaville,Mi ( which is in the thumb of michigan ) and I'm moving all operation's down to Waldron ,Mi which is 2 mile's from the Ohio border and 10 minute's from the Indiana border.With the economy being in shamble's in this state me and the family are packing it up and heading south,so now I'll be closer to our farm and me and my brother Joedirt are gonna be putting our construction equipment to work fulltime plus I bought a house with a huge shop.

The shop was used previosly to work on heavy equipment such as dozer's and hoe's and what not so it has all I need as far as power hook-up's and such.So now come's the exciting part of merging all of my trike's and trike part's into one place instead of being scattered in 3 differant place's.I'm on my 9th load with a truck and trailer thus far just in trike related item's and I'm thinking about 2 more load's and I should have everything all together in one place.The next thing after getting everything together is getting a complete inventory and having everything documented so I know what I have and how many I have. Let's just say that after collecting primarily Honda ATC part's since the late 80's I have found item's that I've had to buy in the past because I did'nt think I had them.

So first thing's first I'm going to be building an office / showroom ,an enclosed part's room and a paint powdercoat room.Also in the main section of the building I will be having a fabrication area and an assembly area .Basically I'm going to be moving into an area which is approx. 6 time's bigger than my existing shop here up north so believe me I am seeing star's cuz i'm so excited.Plan's are to have the new shop up and running by the 1st of the year if there are no major hang-up's which at this point and time I'm not expecting any.I may be losing some of my clientel from the metro Detroit,Canadian and surrounding area's but now I'll only be minute's from Ohio and Indiana and hopefully establish new clientel in those area's.

So FYI I'll keep everybody posted on my progress and I will be shure to add plenty of pic's as construction get's underway and I look forward to dealing with other fellow triker's that were just too far away to do business with before..I'd also like to say Thank you for all the business that you guy's have given me up North in Columbiaville and if you still need part's I will be more than happy to ship and or deliver part's up into the thumb area as I will be up here on business approx 1-2 time's a month still..

rdlsz24
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Sounds sweet post up some pics of the new shop when you get a chance

Rob

dcreel
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome news. Congratulations on the new move..

hang&rattle
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
My heart kinda jumped when I read 'closing the doors', that's a pretty scary phrase for trike folk who relish and enjoy your craft, don't do that anymore, it scares enthusiasts who need your business to help us at some point, lol! Good luck and now it looks like you will have the most excellent set-up!

Russell 350X
11-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Congrats on the move forward Roger!! I'm sure it will do better!

dksix
11-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Congrat's on the forward jump, wishing you all the luck. Have you been into powder before? If not and I can help feel free to contact me. I have aquired allot on information on everything from PC suppliers to building PC equipment over the last few years. I'm always glad to help triker's.

atctim
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Sounds great Roger! Glad you are getting a new shop. I will have to come visit now since you are moving closer to me. I also gotta get with you about that email you sent me - just been hammered at work and at home in the garage with zero time left for anything other than that!!

Bryan Raffa
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
wish I was closer to give you a hand!

sandpuppi101
11-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Raffa I wish you were closer too me also,not just for the help but for the extra cirricular's also :naughty:,and Tim say no more I understand what your up against,FYI i'm hearing good thing's from your shop you just keep up the awesome work.As far as the powdercoating dksix I am somewhat farmilar with a few differant processes i've seen with powder but I will prolly be calling on you with question's,Thank's for offering btw.

Yeah it's actually to the point to where this shop is costing me sleep time because I continuously have all these idea's popping in my head about how I wanna do thing's..I know alot of people have alway's told me that I needed to expand my shop but for year's I've had too do what I had to doo and to finally be able to walk around and not be bumping into machine's is gonna be awesome.I just gotta keep a level head about this and control myself from not going HOG WILD so i'm not filling this shop up and banging into machine's like MDR North,LOL...

ctk
11-30-2010, 12:16 PM
roger I sent you a pm

ATC-Eric
11-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Heck Yeah Roger good for you! Have to come check out the new pad sometime........