PDA

View Full Version : If you like motorsports or auto racing watch this!

inv3ctiv3
12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOL0ZeH6Re0

So awesome.

Mr_RPM
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
awesome, but kind of sad in a way.

fabiodriven
12-07-2010, 02:58 PM
"Two thumbs up!" -Fabiodriven

CanadianThomas
12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I LOVE F1! Been watching since I was 10.

CanadianThomas
12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote: "awesome, but kind of sad in a way."

So is Jochen Rindt being the uncrowned Champ. Motorsports can be very dangerous, but thats the fun.

bigbadktm
12-08-2010, 08:49 PM
freaking cool as hell

Vealmonkey
12-08-2010, 10:59 PM
It's very touching and heart wrenching. As safe as motor racing is today, there are still lives lost. When I was younger, most formula 1 drivers and several indy drivers would walk with a limp. The earlier rear engined drive single seat cars were designed in such a way that a drivers legs stuck out in front of the front suspension, so in a front end wreck, they often suffered broken legs or worse. Even in the early 60s, indy car drivers often lost their lives when they were ejected from their cars during a crash or were crushed by their cars turning upside down and them not having adequate roll bars. Horriffic burns caused by the alcohol that indy cars used that resulted in fires with flames that you could not see. I remember seeing Nikiki Lauda burning up in his fiery wreck in formula 1 racing. It's never fun to see someone lose their lives doing what they love. When Sir Campbell lost his life trying to set a worlds power boat speed record, they never even found his body, that's how bad the wreck was. To say it can be dangerous is a gross understatement. I'm glad that video included quotes from Jackie Stewart, I just wished it had a quote or 2 from Nikki Lauda. A truly stirring video to say the least.