PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Brother Dime

pantera1975
12-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Sad day, brother dimes anniversary of his death. Listened to Pantera, Hellyeah and Damage plan for 5 hrs today at work. He was the best.

Bryan Raffa
12-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Ummm,, its a toss up today John Lennon or Pantera..... I'll chose Pantera!

Nightmare
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM
F' John Lennon! Dimebag is the man!

HuffieVA
12-09-2010, 12:04 AM
F' John Lennon! Dimebag is the man!

Come On, no disrespect but without guys like Lennon and Jaggar, Pantera would have just been a bunch of guys sitting around smokin' and makin' noise with nobody willing to give them a chance, now go apoligize to Ono or go F' yourself

SWIGIN
12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I agree, F that hippy.

Dime was the man and I too have been cranking Pantera lately.

sx250heath
12-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Every band he was in kicked ass. R.I.P DIME BAG

Dammit!
12-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I played on the stage dime was shot on once back in like 1991 or something. Just a piece of useless trivia for you.

Triple B!
12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I completely agree with Huffie... Yes Dimebag absolutely friggin kick butt, best artist hands down in my book. But there's no way you should be allowed to forget the roots of rock and where they all started from. That being said they both deserve respect in their right.
Also it SUCKS SERIOUSLY for me becuase I graduated in june '04, and Dime was killed in Dec '04. Which means I will never get the honor of actually getting to see him play in stage, ever. =[

SWIGIN
12-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I didn't see anyone put down the Beatles or what they did for rock music. I did put down a dirty hippy who beat his kids and wife but I guess thats make him a great man too.

dcreel
12-12-2010, 02:16 PM
It's always made me smile when he went from Diamond Darrell to Dimebag Darrell. When it turned fashionable to be "hard"

HuffieVA
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I didn't see anyone put down the Beatles or what they did for rock music. I did put down a dirty hippy who beat his kids and wife but I guess thats make him a great man too.

Damn, what did you do live with the guy or something?, sounds like you have a personal story to tell here?

We have two talented musicians that led drug fueled lives, both successful and both died the same way on the same date. One a pioneer of Rock & Roll, the other a follower... the point is that Dime may well have been the best of all time, but he wasnt part of the select few that were responseable for the revolution that started in the mid 50's and ended with Woodstock, if it was'nt for those guys we would all still be listening to Patsy Cline and The Everly Brothers...

dcreel
12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
We have two talented musicians that led drug fueled lives, both successful and both died the same way on the same date. One a pioneer of Rock & Roll, the other a follower... the point is that Dime may well have been the best of all time, but he wasnt part of the select few that were responseable for the revolution that started in the mid 50's and ended with Woodstock, if it was'nt for those guys we would all still be listening to Patsy Cline and The Everly Brothers...

Well said..

SWIGIN
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Damn, what did you do live with the guy or something?, sounds like you have a personal story to tell here?

You forgot the part where one abused his wife and kids.....I stand by what I said.

jays375
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
All I can say is Dimebag and the rest of Pantera rocked.Alot of bands of that time did.I remember staying up to watch The Headbangers Ball just to watch videos of bands of that era.They didn't play them any other time of the week.Only chance you got to see something on MTV that was heavy was on Beavis and Butthead.You could buy a cd back then and like almost all the songs on it.Now you are better off buying one or two songs off ITunes.

z400guy28
12-14-2010, 08:24 PM
To this day I still don't understand why that dude killed Dime and not Phil. As i understand it wasn't it Phil's fault that Pantera broke up because he was to into drugs and supposedly his back that's why he took a break from Pantera. Then he goes and forms bands like DOWN. I'm not saying Phil deserves to die or that it's his fault but in my opinion they broke up because of Phil. Alway's have and still to this day love Pantera. By the way what's everyone's favorite song by them? Mine would have to be Cemetary Gates.

dcreel
12-14-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymWpEU8wpM&feature=related

aldochina
12-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Domination!! and the whole Vulgar Display!!

RIDE-RED 250r
12-19-2010, 11:30 AM
All time favorite band, they effin rocked!

RIDE-RED 250r
12-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Hey! Whats wrong with Patsy?? ;)

Ever notice how it seems that so many of the best died young? Buddy Holly, Patsy, Hank, Ronnie VanZant, Dime... Im sure there are more....

bigbadktm
12-19-2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z81qSNR7HH8&feature=channel

one of my favorites of all time

HuffieVA
12-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey! Whats wrong with Patsy?? ;)

Nothing, she was just the innocent victim of a figure of speech...

RIDE-RED 250r
12-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Nothing, she was just the innocent victim of a figure of speech...

I figured....just ribbin ya a bit.... :beer

fidel
12-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Dime you are one of my inspiration guitarist i hope my broo stay whit you and on another planet , god take you 2 bros
i miss my broo he dont have the fortune to ride 3 wellers that make me fell suuck

gotabaT3
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Favorite Pantera song Drag The Waters.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-21-2010, 09:34 PM
I like almost all their stuff, but the 2 that stand out the most to me are "I'm Broken" and "Floods"......