PDA

View Full Version : Another New member to the site!

TurboTacoma
12-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Hey guys:

I have been looking through this site and using the info to help bring back life into the 2 ATC's I bought 3 weeks ago! I have a 1984 ATC200s that I got for $350 and it wasnt running. After getting the carb off and cleaned out.... It came to life and had it out running around the house. After going into it and getting the basics to make sure it was safe for riding. I took it to a friends house and rode it around for a few hours. I even got the girlfriend to ride it, and couldnt get her off of it. So, the quest to find another one in short time came about. A week later I now have 2 ATC 200's.

(Her Xmas present!) Hers is a 1982 ATC 200 that I got from a friends wife for $350 too. It needed some work.... Rear bearings, rear brakes, chain sprocket, front brakes, and Re-ring and top end gasket rebuild (was smoking), new Uni air filter, ported the head, fixed the compression release, fixed a flat tire, cleaned and painted the rims, replaced the handle bars (bent), a new main jet to go with the airfilter, exhaust (that came with it.. Cobra!) To get the carb tuned with other work done, a new coil from my bike, a new seat cover, and some paint work on the tank once the weather warms up. Since it is her bike I went through everything... the great hing about these trikes is the parts are cheap to get..... thank goodness! So about $300 bucks later....she has a tight running 1982 ATC 200....

Mine is still under going its rebuild to freshen it up....

Mine ran good, but after Re-ringing hers I figured I would take mine down too. It was also to fix an oil leak I had at the bottom of the jug. So I put new plastics on mine.... She broke my front fender while riding mine the week before and the rear plastic had a crack that bothered me. I had to get a new headlamp... it was missing. New chain and sprockets, exhaust (DG) muffler was rotted out, 200x stock piston, top end set, ported the head, Web cam 55-521, new handle bars (gave her mine), 2 new rear tires (mine were dry rotted on the sides), waiting on a coil (hers died and gave her atc 200 mine, while I am waiting on tires and getting the carb right for the cam!), and rear brake cable. Just waiting on parts now!

sx250heath
12-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the site.

TurboTacoma
12-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank You! Mine on the left... and her on the right. Her is done right now less repainting the tank!

dcreel
12-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the site. You have a couple of nice 200's there.

MonroeMike
12-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the board, nice work.

TurboTacoma
12-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the site. You have a couple of nice 200's there.

Thank you! Just want them safe and right!