PDA

View Full Version : Craiglist

Tecate Karl
12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
So I'm just wondering if I'm the confused one here I put a $4000 pool table on craigslist last night trade for an atv or atc so this guy emails me that hes got a 250r all decked out he wants an even swap I'm game so this morning I get an email from the guy that he sold the R to his boy for $750 cash in hand so now he wants me to give him $500 and they will give me a 93 yamaha GIZZLY 200 rolling chaise with no tires and tried to tell me that the chaise was worth $3000. Hell of a deal if you ask me (can you here me laughing at this guy yet) just wanted to see if any one else has had issues like this on the old craiglist.

dcreel
12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I'd have told him "I guess you didn't want the pool table very much" and hung up the phone..

obijuan
12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
tell him to piss up a rope.

Tecate Karl
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
doug wish he would have called me I would have told him where to shove it.

rdlsz24
12-20-2010, 03:58 PM
I wonder what this 93 Grizzly 200 roller really is? There was no Grizzly back then, and the only 200 was the Blaster lol.

Rob

leviblue
12-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I would say "I sold the table but I'll trade you the balls I have left"

Tecate Karl
12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
This guy just told me he has ridden his whole life and sold a 250r for 750 he used some discriptive words to describe what he thought I was.

dcreel
12-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Did you ever see pics of the 250R? Maybe he was blowin smoke all along..

JayBone
12-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes it's common on CL to get these types of people. Everyone who put up a remark has been bs'ed or jerked around by the same types of people.

Good luck with the trade.

Tecate Karl
12-20-2010, 04:13 PM
yea after the way he blew up on me "m sure he was scamming me. owell I dont have to get rid of the table sucks to be him and around xmas too so I did the right thing and wished him a merry christmas and a happy new year just to dig it in a little deeper the prick.

dcreel
12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
kill 'em with kindness

TurboTacoma
12-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes.... happens from time to time on Craigslist! Had a few idiots try and play games with me when I had stuff for sale! Like you I had a good laugh!

Xpress
12-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I hate cragislist, but unfortunately it seems like it's the only local place to sell things by. I did happen to have one legitimate guy (a member here) come out to check out some stuff, which was a nice change from the usual scammers and spammers :)

fmnrd
12-20-2010, 04:42 PM
As a buyer /seller of trikes on a regular basis you can imagine the kind of stories like this I have . Worst than the sellers pulling this type of BS is other buyers calling after you have all but closed a good deal on a trike and offering a more money to sell to them instead .The real heart breaker in these cases is seeing the bike being parted out the next week on ebay .I think there are bikes out there that are part out type bikes but to see complete ride ready trikes being torn down because there is better money in it that way kills me :(

Karl if you can cash out on that pool table let me know what your budget is I will round you up a trike no problem

fmnrd
12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I hate cragislist, but unfortunately it seems like it's the only local place to sell things by. I did happen to have one legitimate guy (a member here) come out to check out some stuff, which was a nice change from the usual scammers and spammers :)
Thanks Tanner nice to met you as well , Hope tp see you at the INVASION ,still cant believe you are SOOO close to the Dunes and have not rode them yet .You might as well sell the dirt tires after the Invasion the paddles will probably never come off again
Frank

oldskool83
12-20-2010, 04:50 PM
i get all kinda stuff on CL, u say no trades they wanna trade. u say call only they email u. u got somthing nice they wanna trade an iphone and a flatscreen tv....

im not being nice to ppl anymore lol!