PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for Yamaha Blaster riders

JourneyMan
09-29-2003, 12:42 AM
My question is I have a 2003 Blaster and I have only ridden about 3 tanks of gas in a 7 month period. And the oil light comes on when I first start it and stayed on for a few seconds until the 4 tank of gas . Now the light seems to stay on longer until I start to ride it. My 2 stroke oil tank is half full. Is there a problem with the light, is that a sign that something is going? or is this normal?

Dirtcrasher
09-29-2003, 10:06 AM
That light works off the float in the tank itself which may have contacts sticking or loose or something stupid. If your nervous about the oil getting in the cylinder - Mix up a 2 stroke mix and get it into your tank and fuel bowl. Then while the trike is running with the oil mixed in with the gas - take that hose off the side of your carb from the oil pump and make sure that oil is dribling out of there. You are supposed to measure it exact based on the amount of oil in cc's (I used a syringe) versus how many times the pump piston goes in and out. It's in the manual if you had to check.
It's too bad that dummy light doesn't read oil pump pressure which would be a safer way than just lighting up when your out of oil if the pump ever failed. Lots of guys rip off the whole tank and injection system and mix there gas.

Make sure you lock this one up a bit better, glad to hear you have a ride again!

TimSr
09-29-2003, 10:15 AM
It's too bad that dummy light doesn't read oil pump pressure which would be a safer way than just lighting up when your out of oil if the pump ever failed.

They cant read oil pressure, because what they call "oil pumps" in injector systems are vacuum operated, and not pumps at all.

Dirtcrasher is right in that these read from the oil tank. They are rigged to light up long before you ever run out of oil. If you are half full, filling the oil tank will probably solve it.

JourneyMan
09-30-2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Tri-Z Pilot
10-04-2003, 05:03 AM
Get a proffessional grade oil injector pump block off kit, youll be thankful in the long run. The drive for the oil pump is a plastic gear which gets chewed up pretty easy, and when this happen it will turn your engine into a hand grenade. I highly recomend a trenga racing block of kit, visit their site at trenga racing.com They have had over 11 years of experience with blasters, plus they have a lot of cool upgrades at their site.

wizzard
11-06-2003, 08:04 AM
what ratio should he mix it if he took off the oil injection?

TimSr
11-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Thats determined by the oil, and not by the bike. Good factory non synthetics such as Yamalube are usually run about 32:1. Good synthetics run better at 50:1.