PDA

View Full Version : super cool freight company experience

plcrides
12-29-2010, 09:14 PM
shippings a hassle,haha you know the commercial.i recently found a 84 250r in california and wanted it bad,so i called around different freight companies,what a pain,i found one guy that is super cool and really bent over backwards to help me get my dream trike here from the west coast.so maybe i can help you guys out,cause from reading the threads ive seen alot of trikes for sale that needed to be shipped across states i will gladly point you in his direction if your interested.just shoot me a pm.i will have mine in 4 to 5 business days.cant wait.:p

TatTooL23
12-29-2010, 11:33 PM
how much was it ? and where exactly from and too so that way it gives kind of a length that people could estimate what they might pay.

ceaserthethird
12-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Let me know if you find any damage ?

plcrides
01-05-2011, 08:54 PM
oh guys sorry i havent been on here in a few days.well it turned out to be horrible.the guy at the freight co,said to just slap it on a pallet and they would pick it up at the residence in orange ca, and take it to a terminal in houston which is the next county from where i live at now.i grew up in houston and it sucks bad,its the hood big time,so anyways the truck driver stood us up a couple days then when he finally showed up he said he was not going to take it like it was.

the trike was on a pallet but it did hang off on the front and back so i can understand that so after all this i feel so bad for jared the seller because he could have easily sold it on C/L. no problem but he knows how much i want it.

so here it is jan,5th and i found this really cool chick at another freight co,and she's like dont worry about it and jared was going to try and build a crate for it and i felt bad because its not his responsibility and so the freight co said dont do anything that they would come and get it and palletize it themself if they need to or if they dont they wont,so i ended up paying more for the freight than the bike.600.61

i just want this to be over and i want to ride it.you cant find clean trikes like this one in the south everything rust's,and oh well.its worth it.the bike looks brand new.and it better look that way when it gets here too.amen to that.bad luck,what bad luck?

1grindking
01-06-2011, 11:12 AM
sorry to hear that better luck next time

Macs
01-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I have shipped several three wheelers with Uship.com. It is kinda like ebay for shipping and you deal with an individual, not a company. I never palleted anything even if it was in pieces. They do seem to take a bit longer but you have the delivery drivers phone number and you can call them anytime you want for an update. Most of the drivers would call me every afternoon regardless. I will never use another frieght company. I think the highest i have paid so far was $300 from colorado to houston.

ceaserthethird
01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
ForwardAir.com, you get a Sealed locked container ships Air.

Take's couple days tops!

Anything mint & lower hour I ship Forward Air : )

plcrides
01-06-2011, 08:35 PM
i guess we should have a thread for the best way to ship.cause this has been a nightmare and i am sure jared the seller is sick and tired of it.he wanted it out of his garage thats the whole reason for selling it and after all these freight companies its still there.im just to the point where i just want it to be over,thats why i paid so much.but i see alot of stuff for sale on here so if anybody knows the best way to ship please post a thread so we can keep the dream alive,cause in my case the one i want is on the freeken west coast.haha which is pretty cool.it actually had the top end bored in LA. and now its coming to the south.

D-dub
01-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I used City 2 City to ship my wheeler from Windsor Ont to Saskatoon SK. It arrived in 7 days! Hassle free and very for a reasonable price

ATCeeya
01-08-2011, 01:33 AM
i shipped my Yamaha R1 through forward air. 500 bucks + 100 for optional insurance .sealed container. shipped from buffalo to florida. i recommend them