PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Ugly X

freaksfix
11-14-2002, 12:26 AM
Got it back to gether and went out for a little while tonight. I dont care how ugly it is its a nice ride. And it corners like a champ. Next week im going to paint the tank and do some more wet sanding on the plastic, i ran out of paper..

HemiChallenger71
11-14-2002, 12:42 AM
God Damn thats sad.

HemiChallenger71
11-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Sorry freaksfix if I offended you, but it's sad.

freaksfix
11-14-2002, 01:18 AM
ya i hear ya, just so you guys dont show up on my lawn with torches and pitch forks, I dident do it, i just gave it a good home. im putting together a trike to put the motor in..

skippy
11-14-2002, 01:40 AM
is that a conversion frame?

freaksfix
11-14-2002, 01:47 AM
its a kit done by Astro..an LT500 knock off

Wickedfinger
11-16-2002, 12:58 AM
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

freaksfix
11-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Ya no I think its ugly and all, but you guys make such a big deal about it...WTF is the differance, half you guys like the idea of a 250X with a 350X motor??? is it just me or is the 350X frame going to waste that way too...and for using a creat motor for the 250X, witch I know a few on the board have done, if your such "die hard trikers" you would have peiced together a trike for the motor! if you ask me it marks a sad day for trikes but its still a piece of ATC history, and I've got the balls to own one..

Trikeaholic
11-16-2002, 09:24 PM
hey, I would buy one if the price was right. It is hideous, and it is also a "ruined" 350X, but I dont think anyone was really busting your balls. Lilke I said, if someone showed up at my door with one of those for $500, I just might take it off their hands too.

freaksfix
11-16-2002, 10:45 PM
I dont think anyone was breaking my balls in direct, but everyone is so disgusted by it yet noboby has a problem with a 250X/350X? I'm just wondering how people see a differance. Other than the fact of the coversion frame being more durable( the frame was ment for the torq ), bigger( not everyone fits on a 250X ), I dont know how wide a 250X is off hand but the conversion is 8 inches over stock, and getting to keep the 350X gas tank. The front end is more than UGLY, but I'm planning on a face lift ( TRX250R front fenders) As for someone showing up on my door step with a running 350X in any quad frame for $500 hell yeah I'll take a dozen!! Im only defending it, cause people feel the need to nit-pic it and I dont understand why?

OldSchoolin86
11-16-2002, 11:57 PM
I like it buddy. Screw anyone that puts down a running machine. I do like the 250x/350x ones better but BFD. If it runs ride it.

Trikeaholic
11-17-2002, 12:24 AM
everyone nit pics everything. there was a thing going around, some guy posted some HOT chicks, and most of the guys slammed them--WTF?? I bet the slammers never had any booty remotley as nice as the ones posted. I guess people just like to gripe, makes them feel better about themselves. (not referring to anyone that criticized the 350X conversion, it is an ugly duckling, and a shame--for the record Im generalizing)

freaksfix
11-17-2002, 09:51 PM
O.S thanks...but i wanna know why the fellow trikers of the board will put a converted trike down but praise a quad w/ trike motor? I could care less if anyone likes how it looks...hell i dont like how it looks...maybe im just up for a good debate!! lol !! :twisted:

holic...I remember that post and thought the same thing...its just this one really bit my ass....

And for all the nic-pickers....come on....let me have it...tell me why one is "wrong" and the other is "right"...

Wickedfinger
11-18-2002, 08:04 PM
.... hey man, no offense, but you set it all up by calling it "ugly X", not me - all I said was good grief. People only responded like they did because we thought you had a sense of humor by the header on your post - I'm sure it was all in good sport and jest and nobody meant to make you mad. For the record, I would take a shot at owning one of those Astro conversions if the price was right, believe me. There was a pic of a really well done Tri-Z conversion floating around here a while ago.

freaksfix
11-18-2002, 09:02 PM
to all that think i took offense....i dident....yes i do have a sence of humor, i can break balls with the best of them and i love to do it!!!...this has nothing to do with any of this...not just based on this post, but it seems like there was a right and wrong 350X quad and I wanted some input on that...this is all in good fun, dont take me wrong!!!

HemiChallenger71
11-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Hey I liek what O.S. had to say, if it runs ride it. I guess we can't all own 3 wheeled 350X's. I'd like to see someone actually make a fourtrax 350X. Something like a fourtrax 250R frame, with a raced out 350X motor. That would be very cool. Hey, theres an idea for me.....

freaksfix
11-19-2002, 02:54 AM
Ive seen a few of the R's with an X motor they fit pretty good. Thats what I've had in mind for hair sramble's but they are quite pricie to build, hence the UGLY X, so hopefuly a few races in the new season...with the new face lift....

yamaha 250
11-19-2002, 12:19 PM
hey i like it to and i have a 200 fourtrax that has only the back fenders. but i always say if it runs ride it! if it runs but looks bad ride the hell out of it! and thats what i do to my 200 fourterax. besides i got it for $100 and all it needed was a crankcase!