PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen 250r with cr125 motor?

k00leo
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Looking on craigslist and found this...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/2143284135.html

what do you all think? I dont know much about the cr125, but i would think the original motor would be better.

Is it worth taking a look at?

NOS_350X
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Looks like a 200x with the 125 gastank. and 125 engine.

HuffieVA
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Not worth looking at, he had it listed a few weeks ago and I went and looked... its a 200X frame with the cradle of the CR125 welded to it by an apparent blind person (no offense intended to blind people, I just trying to give an accurate description), the rear shock is collapsed (not the shock itself but the upper mount is torn loose... where they cut the frame they didn't put any supports back into the frame) it does have a 3'd gen tank and front end on it though with 200x seat and fenders (with the right side cut out for the kicker, as far as the 125 goes it does run but its low on compression... I rarely walk away from a trike and sometime even pay more than I should but I ran from this one (its about 20 min from my house) The guy talks a good game about how he used to drag race it and they told him he couldn't run it anymore because it was too fast, turns out its his kids

thestud25
01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Be really sure to check to 125 motor. Look to see if it is Mugen Motor. Mugen made a ME 125 motor, and they are pretty sought after.

HuffieVA
01-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Be really sure to check to 125 motor. Look to see if it is Mugen Motor. Mugen made a ME 125 motor, and they are pretty sought after.

its a regular mid 90's cr125 motor nothing special about it

dcreel
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Looks like Kawasaki (Mojave) wheels and hubs too..

KASEY
01-06-2011, 08:56 PM
250r front fender,headlight and gas tank on a 200x frame with 200x rear fenders. it might be a fun ride,, i don't think for $400 you could go to wrong.

HuffieVA
01-06-2011, 09:35 PM
the 250r parts have value and the motor is definitely worth something, but I'm not kidding about the hacked up frame... the cradle from the 125 is welded to the neck fairly solid, but the rear of the cradle is tied into the swingarm pivot section with pieces of uni-strut, right side is broken loose and spaced about a half inch to an inch away from where it had been welded (frame tweaked) also has no rear brakes etc, I'm not saying it doesn't have any parts value, just trying to save a disappointing trip through DC beltway traffic thinking something was going to ride able with a little work, in my opinion its too hacked up to put back together

Brockey
01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I would buy it and clean it up a little. I don't know why but I like the looks of it. For $400 I would be the new owner.

Xfile
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
the 250r parts have value and the motor is definitely worth something, but I'm not kidding about the hacked up frame... the cradle from the 125 is welded to the neck fairly solid, but the rear of the cradle is tied into the swingarm pivot section with pieces of uni-strut, right side is broken loose and spaced about a half inch to an inch away from where it had been welded (frame tweaked) also has no rear brakes etc, I'm not saying it doesn't have any parts value, just trying to save a disappointing trip through DC beltway traffic thinking something was going to ride able with a little work, in my opinion its too hacked up to put back together
I would listen to this guy.....he has seen it in person. For $200 more you could get a decent trike. Just my thoughts, not fact..

Chazz of Blades
01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
welded to it by an apparent blind person (no offense intended to blind people, I just trying to give an accurate description),

Are you really worried about blind people reading this post and getting angry?