PDA

View Full Version : School Bans the Stars & Bars...

ATC crazy
10-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Our school is going down the tube. Mainly because of our F****n principal. Now, anyone caught wearing a reble flag will be made to wear a school shirt or face suspension. :evil: Many friends of mine have been suspended already. One got suspended for 2 WEEKS! for handing in a petition to the principal stating that we should be able to wear it. 5 african americans signed it too FYI. Another friend of mine got his truck booted (yellow thing on the wheel), and searched, for having the flag on it. :evil:

Half the school is so pissed off....there have been rumors about spray-painting the flag on the principals car, or on the parking lot (I came up w/ the parking lot one :twisted: ).

We have had enough of it...This coming wednesday, everyone who owns a shirt, pair of pants, or arcticle of clothing with the confederate flag on it is going to wear it to school. He cant suspend all of us. This is a violation of our freedom of speech. In fact, some of my friends' parents are taking the issue to the school board, and sending in disturbing letters to the principal. We WILL win this battle... http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/dvv/boid.gif :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

AirManCam
10-01-2003, 03:55 PM
That sounds like such bs. But still they can make you dress nicely. They can alter the dress code. But I still think that that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I would put a rebel flag up instead of the us flag :twisted: And then spray paint the parking lot and then his car :twisted: :twisted:

ATC crazy
10-01-2003, 03:59 PM
But there is nothing in the conduct code that says anything about reble flags in the dress code. The principal is going power hungry lately. Its the same deal with cell phones. There are cops walking around in the parking lots looking in cars for phones inside them. And this is NO BS! I've had enough of this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro :evil:

Its bad enough when the blacks/hispanics can still wear do-rags, but we cant wear our shirts or any kind of hat. Its so GD gay.... :evil:

AirManCam
10-01-2003, 04:32 PM
So get a rebel flag and hang that damn thing up there :twisted: That will teach him!

86waterpumper
10-01-2003, 05:15 PM
I fail to see if this is a public school how they can make that rule stick. They tried to do that around here, and one school reacted much like you and your buddies are talking about doing. They all put flags on their trucks and circled the parking lot every day etc...last I heard the school gave up on it for the time being, but "time being" is the key word. Heck lookit even Ole Miss, where my wife attended college is losing their mascot colonel reb for crying out loud, because he is "offensive" They quit playing dixie awhile back, and got rid of people bringing flags to the games etc, and all of this has happened just since 94 or 95 since my wife was there. HHAHAHAHH what can I say, the world is truly going gay, and becoming full of limpwristed jackasses that are afraid to offend anyone with anything they say or do. :evil:

200xer
10-01-2003, 06:52 PM
you have no rights at school just so you know. there's a saying about your rights end at the schoolhouse gate.

It is pretty retarded what they are doing though.

Trikeaholic
10-01-2003, 07:04 PM
welcome to present day America, gentlemen. The inmates are truly running the asylum. The vocal minority rules the roost, and decent, christan, european americans dont say jack squat about their way of life and values being under assault day after day. All I can tell you is, get educated. learn how to spell R.E.B.E.L. find news outlets that share your values. and MOST important vote CONSERVATIVE.

mrman550
10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
my friend got in trubel for playing the dixie horn. he has on his truck if he playes it 1 more time he cant park in the parking lot we to cant have the rebel flag at school i think becaus of our racist black principal this is b.s

Manny55
10-01-2003, 08:13 PM
But that is a dum rule.

HemiChallenger71
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
If you understood anything you wouldn't have made a comment like that manny. The American flag doesn't represtent they way i want to live my life it represents the way politicans want me to live my life. The rebel flag represents they way I/we want to live our life and if you paid any attention to postings around here, there was a 2 page post a couple months ago about all this. America is going down the tubes with all these immigrants and illegial aliens and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro BAGS that come here thinking they can do whatever they want. But what's really sad and poor is we let them. If you wern't brainwashed in school like all the other kids were and were allowed to think for yourself you would agree with us.

Manny55
10-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Dude rebel flag stands for freaking slavery pretty much it has nothing to do with the immigrant trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

HemiChallenger71
10-01-2003, 08:44 PM
The south had and still has the rebel flag because the flag symbolizes the need for strong state governments. This all goes back to the writing of the constution and the articles of confederation. If you wern't a moron you might know that from being in a 9th grade history class or some kind of high school government class. But oh yeah they dont tech you about those kinds of things.

As i'm writing this this commercial comes on for martin luther king Jr. WTF? give to this donation so we can build some statue of him? WTF? Why the hell should I give money for that. Shouldn't I be giving my money to charities to find a cure for cancer or for food for homeless peopel or something like that? That's what's trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about this country. We give millions of dollars to other countries struggling. Shouldn't we be more worried about the homeless, sick and old people in this country? I mean they're the reason why we have this country (the old people).

ATC crazy
10-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Manny....read a history book and know your trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro before you post.

ATC crazy
10-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey Hemi....Dosent it seem that everything in this country is being dedicated to MLK?

A old bridge in downtown is being restored and dedicated to him this month. Its crazy...everything you look at is dedicated to him. :rolleyes:

Manny55
10-01-2003, 08:53 PM
I know all about it so Dont think trailprotrailpro all bad ass the reason why the civil war started was becuz they wanted there own coutry it was like a second American Revolution first one was with the britts and now the south wanted there own country but they were to weak to defeat the mighty Americans. You cant touch Americans. And ATC Crazy how about u pm if u want to talk trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. I swear in every post u post like 10 per post give it a rest im talking to hemi about this not u.

HemiChallenger71
10-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Manny who started the thread? and who is replying to the thread?

proraptor
10-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Ive always taken the rebel flag as showing rebellion....Who cares bout all the stupi civil war crap...thats been over for a long time....People are soooo up-tight these days....I sport a rebel flag on my 200x, and tecate! WOOT!

TeCaTe_MaN
10-01-2003, 10:18 PM
hahaha damn...that sucks, we just got a new principal...i call him mr. clean...cus he looks just like the mr. clean cleaner guy! AHHA :D he is really power hungry :?

mike from long island
10-01-2003, 10:23 PM
bull trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!!!!! it is heritage not hatred

smokinwrench
10-01-2003, 10:50 PM
I bet they can't remove this flag from the "Rebel Mechanic"

SpeedBump
10-01-2003, 11:49 PM
America is going down the tubes with all these immigrants and illegial aliens and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro BAGS that come here thinking they can do whatever they want. But what's really sad and poor is we let them.

i would agree with ya on the Illegals, but as far as Immigrants, come on, check your background.....probably got lots of immigrant blood in ya....THIS COUNTRY was founded and made STRONG BY IMMIGRANTS. The ones that come here nowadays are fine.... I think you maybe confusing ILLEGAL ALIENS and IMMIGRANTS without even realizing it. Doing whatever we/you/they want is what makes this country so great. If you DO NOT VOTE, then you have NO grounds to complain (unless you are under the legal age and UNABLE TO VOTE) Like Trikeaholic said "The vocal minority rules the roost, and decent, christan, european americans dont say jack squat about their way of life and values being under assault day after day. All I can tell you is, get educated. learn how to spell R.E.B.E.L. find news outlets that share your values. and MOST important vote CONSERVATIVE. " He is 100% right. MOST people in this country are not liberal, or do not live that way, but they don't do anything but wah wah wah about the way things are going. If everyone that actually lived a conservative, small government minded lifestyle went to the polls on election day, most of what is going wrong today would and could be avoided. You can't change it unless YOU VOTE! Simple really. This is a funny little story real quick..... in my small town, our precint has about 1600 registered voters, (that is the total amount of people that vote at our LOCAL POLLING center) There are ONLY 3 registered REPUBLICANS.....ME, my FATHER and some other guy. We all 3 go down and VOTE every time. We really mean nothing to the outcome, but we STILL GO DO IT. We know we will not win ever......But for the time I am there, I make it a point to question all the other people there as why they still vote Democrat. They don't live like the Democrats want, they do not actually agree with what they stand for, but they have been POUNDED day in, and day out with all the left leaning media, and they are TOO LAZY to go find out the truth......The democrats will tell you what you want to hear, give you lots of freebies, but what they fail to tell you, is that they will control your life in return for the gifts/entitlements...you can have anything they offer, but it comes at a great price,,,,,your personal freedom. Whew!!! Wow, I feel better now.
As for the Rebel flag....I could give 2 sh!ts about it....it really has no meaning to me....wear it, fly it, or not....I see guys way up here in PA flying it....to me, they are just a bunch of biggots and racists. They have ZERO connection with the south except for the fact that lots of people STILL see the REB flag as a symbol of Slavery and Rebellion. They are just trying to be cool. TRUE southerners have a complete different take on the flag. Means more to them than just the BS associated with it. I feel sorry for THOSE people because they have had a piece of their history tainted by a bunch or miserable losers.

Bandit_33
10-02-2003, 05:41 AM
The confederate flag = racisim ,ignorance and hate !

Pretty cut and dry if ya ask me !!!

:-D

ATC crazy
10-02-2003, 08:31 AM
The confederate flag =racism, ignorance...

Speak for yourself. Why dont you educate yourself before you post in here. :?

TimSr
10-02-2003, 08:41 AM
The confederate flag = racisim ,ignorance and hate !

:-D

Liberalism = racisim ,ignorance and hate !

86waterpumper
10-02-2003, 09:52 AM
All of you people who are saying the rebel flag stands for racism and hate are sorely lacking on your history lessons, and in your english courses as well :rolleyes: It is really unforunate that a bunch of skinheads and kkk members use the flag all the time, and I agree 100 percent that it has tarnished it's image for alot of people, but that in no way diminishes what it stands for, or what it means. Plenty of people have burned the american flag and used it improperly as well, does this lessen it's worth? Of course not. These days I'm here to tell you that the Rebel flag (as it was used properly in the beginning) stands for a whole lot more than slavery or hatred. It stands for people that had a backbone, and conviction, which is more than I can say for most people nowadays, and they would laugh us out of the country if they could see how weak minded things have become. This country has bent it's back in half for every crybaby around, and I'm getting sick and tired of it. Clinton was the world's worst. He would publicly apologize to everyone and their mother on a regular basis for things that happened long before his grandfather was around. I heard recently that people were pushing to dig up Nathan Bedford Forrest and move his bones someone else "less offensive" Here in our own town, people want to get rid of the civil war monument that honors the soldiers from around here that died. This kind of crap is what is stupid and ignorant and racist for crying out loud! I may not agree with every single war that the U.S. fights from time to time, but I stand behind the soldiers, and I understand the sacrifices both them and their families have made for this country, and rather than trying to erase their memory, it is proper to honor them in a decent way. In our town there is a monument for the people that died in a tornado back a few years ago. Do I have any close friends or family that died in the tornado? No I don't, so I don't pay a ton of attention to it, but I also see no harm in it standing and being there for those that did. I pay taxes and I'm a decent citizen, and it sickens me to see the way tax dollars are wasted, and the way issues that don't concern the welfare of the country are beat to death. The very fact that we have pesky rules concerned with what flag someone is wearing to school, or what tune they play on their truck horn bears this out. The flag means alot to me, obviously it wouldn't to someone up north in all probability, and I'm sure that black people don't like it. That is fine, I have no use for a malcom x flag, or many others I could name, but I could care less what other people want to wear or put on their vehicles etc. Proraptor just because you care nothing about the civil war does not mean everyone else feels the same. I would think ANYONE be they north or south, that had family die in that war for either side would care about "stupid civil war crap" The flag doesn't stand for slavery, it stands for a complete way of life the south had. The war was more about a struggle for power than it was for slavery, plenty of slaves existed up north as well.

Jeb
10-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Dude rebel flag stands for freaking slavery pretty much it has nothing to do with the immigrant trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

No matter what the liberal public school system and textbooks try to teach you, the main reason for the civil war was over states rights. It's very unfortunate that bigotry is the first association made to the stars and bars. That's ignorance at its finest. It's also so unfortunate that rampant liberalism has taken over our public school systems. The best thing a parent can do is teach their children to think for themselves when it comes to History, Social Studies, and Politics. Just because it's taught at public school, doesn't mean its right.

ejc042
10-02-2003, 11:10 AM
It just goes to show you that what they teach todays kids in school is garbage. Forget your school books and do some research, you will see the civil war was over economics. Plain and simple.

TimSr
10-02-2003, 12:55 PM
The other part history books dont tell you about is the huge number of blacks who fought for the Confederacy, and unlike most of the Union services, Confederate troops were integrated.

Russell 350X
10-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Thats retarded, that you can;t wear anything that has a reb flag on it. Thats bull trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! Everyone around here wears them, and people don't give a rats ass. F^$E#$% schools, so damn power hungry its retared!!!!!!

ATC crazy
10-02-2003, 08:42 PM
In AUTO-CAD this morning me and a couple of friends got into a debate with a few others about the issue. One of them actually hung a flag in the back seat of their car and put a bandana on the rear-view mirror. We're giving our school hell now and I'm loving every minute of it. Someone's truck was booted a week ago....He just put it in 4wd and drove over it a few times and it broke off and he was free.

HemiChallenger71
10-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Good point speed bump, it was the first thing that came from my mouth. A really bad part about this country is all the civil rights brainwashing in our schools and on TV. I wanted to fit that in on another post here but couldn't fo somereason...

Mobular
10-02-2003, 10:14 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0684818868/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/103-2113608-7211840?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link

The reading's a little dry, but it sure is an eye opener!

Education should offer the opportunity of all perspectives, and let the student draw their own conclusions.

Rod
10-02-2003, 10:15 PM
The ONLY reason that they are banning the star's & bars is that no matter what you say it starts crap between somebody. If you don't believe it read some of the posts that have been put up. To make it simple, schools are there to teach kids. Once somthing starts to interfear with that, kids getting in fights or complaints to the staff, somthing has to be done. I know for a fact that alot of stupid things have been banned in my area, like hats for one. Some people start wearing the same thing or tell people that you have to be wearing this kind & it causes problems & distracts from what is supposed to be going on. Why do you think so many schools werar uniforms. If you REALLY have such a problem with it, and it seems that you do, be an adult & ask your district office to review the situtiation or have your parents do it. Have them call the school & get the real info. A principal will NOT make decisions like that just because of what he feels. There whole job is on the line over stuff like this & they will have answers for you if you take the right channels to find out. Good luck & lets us know how it goes.

J.D.
10-02-2003, 11:52 PM
See you people(well someone up above) Think that the Yanks "beat the Rebels' asses"....WRONG...the South put up one HELL of a fight. Yes, the north did win the war, but just think if the south had the same RESOURCES as the north, all those factories and such. All the south had was fields! Come on, what are you gonna do throw corncobs and cotton balls at the Yanks? Jesus Christ! There is no doubt in my mind, that in comparison the south won the war. IF they had only had the same resources as the north, and they won, I do believe this country would be in better shape today than it is. That's my 2 1/3 .423805 cents.

King44
10-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Don't forget that the North had ALOT more soldiers than the South...and thus lost about 2/3 more than the South....

Jeb
10-03-2003, 01:32 PM
In AUTO-CAD this morning...

AutoCAD???????? Your taking AutoCAD in high school? That's cool. I've spent many an hour the last 10 years running ACAD. I've worked primarily on various 3D Parametric CAD packages the last 7 years or so, but have never gotten away totally from good ol' ACAD. Used it yesterday and today extensively.

Not to change the subject.... :-D

ATC crazy
10-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Ya....I'm taking CAD....I'm also taking Engineering Drawing which uses CAD. Those classes are the only 2 that I look forward to every morning.

Back on subject. I think we've decided on coming to school early one morning (about 5am-ish) and hanging the reble flag on the flag-pole just under the Am. flag. :twisted:

Its getting worse every day. Even our History teacher is on our side. And since we were looking at the amendments of the Constitution, we took up a good half-hour today talking about how our rights were being inflicted. Our teacher gave us some very, very good ideas...

BULLDOG
10-03-2003, 10:47 PM
i dont care what the school says i would wear it any way and it is also an invasion of our rights of american citizens to have freedom of speech but you would not have a prob. wearing it down here jeb is right 110% about the war us country folk keep up with confederate history u can even ask a man from up in northern kentucky who he supports he would say the confederate states of america

ATC350X 85
10-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Thats a load of crap. I used to fly the flag outta my truck all the time in high school and had a rebel flag on the back of my fishing hat. Manny why the hell did you say something along the lines of the Americans beat the southerners? Theyre both Americans thats why it was called a civil war. It is sickening how we cater to everyone else but ourselves, trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro them, let them fight there way to the top the way our european ancestors did. There was no liberal voice back then saying help the immigrants. As for martin luther king, i really get sick of seeing him too. How about the blacks save there money, stop spending mine, esp the poor ones and instead of using it on some BS statue. I can go on and on but ill stop here this subject really fires me up.

J.D.
10-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Am I racist? No, of course not, I own a color TV. It just pisses me off how they want payment for there ancestors enslavement. How about payment for us bringing them over here and making them better? I now demand 1 dollar from every black person in the US who's ancestors came over on a slave boat. How bout that? After I get a dollar from them all, I will rent a boat, throw them all on it, and bring them back to Africa and apologize for what my ancestors did to theres, and that will be there payment for what mine did to theres.

ATC350X 85
10-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Oh if our European ancesters had picked there own cotton....

HemiChallenger71
10-13-2003, 09:13 PM
I'm not racist we have colored people in the faimly tree...

In fact they're still hanging there!

ATC crazy
10-13-2003, 09:56 PM
LMAO...I was thinking about that a while ago.

ATC crazy
10-15-2003, 08:30 AM
2 of my closest friends got suspended yesterday... :evil: :evil:

J.D.
10-15-2003, 05:46 PM
2 of my closest friends got suspended yesterday... :evil: :evil:

THOSE BASTERDS! :evil: what did they get suspended for?

ATC crazy
10-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Wearing a shirt with the flag on it (Dixie Outfitters) :evil: :evil:

This whole debate was in the paper a little while ago too....the school has officially BANNED the flag from any item in your possesion.

I swear one day they will find a 20'x20' flag spraypainted on the parking lot :evil: :twisted:

J.D.
10-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Be sure to get me a pic of that Crazy, I'd love that ;)