PDA

View Full Version : Honda ATC...

samster143
10-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Where are you located? I just moved to the Daytona area and could use some knowledge of riding spots. Are you close to here? Can you help with some spots? Thanks.

Billy Golightly
10-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah I'm semi close. You know where Lake City is? I'm a little northwest of there. I mostly ride here on our own private property, the Alapaha River (When its dry) and over at the Oseceola National forest as well. Last time i was over at Oseceola it was with my cousin and I's swamp buggies and the rangers were giving us trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, so I don't know if I'll bother going back over there or not. Its a pretty nice place but its always muddier then trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, not really the hotsetup for trikes and quads. Theres a couple of places close to me that the locales use, not anything worth coming from Daytona to. I've heard word that the state is considering buying a peice of land with an old rock/sand pit on it south of Lake City somewheres off of 75 that would be another state owned area like crooms. Haven't heard anything other then that though. There are a couple MX tracks around too, but I'm not aware of any that'll let trikes run (To my knowledge anyways). You should look into joining the FTR- floridatrailriders.org Or if nothing else just checkout some of their riding areas and stuff. This is the orginization I'm with right now that I'm racing my TRX250R in. I've also heard from a couple freinds (Never been there myself) That the "Big Scrub" campground in the Ocala National forest is awesome.

Mike Fort Laud
10-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Hey Billy, Sam is a good friend of mine and he was wanting to join the club!!!!!!!!!!! Could you hook him up....Thanke Mike Fort Laud.....

samster143
10-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info, I also heard that the Ocala Forest is real nice. I have ridden it on my MTN bike and had a good time. It is really large, so it hard to pinpoint where the good areas are. Need to go w/ someone who knows it. If you want maybe we can hook up w/ Mike and do some rooosting at one of these places....there are some guys on this board just a little South of here that might want to meet somewhere for a ride. Let me know.

Billy Golightly
10-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Yeah we'll have to figure something out soon. Personally I'm not a real fan of the cold weather riding, but maybe it won't be to bad down there. I've got a race at Hard Rock next weekend, and then I'm not sure whats happening from there. The cost for Ocala is only like $2 to park from what I've been told, and thats it.

TimSr
10-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Personally I'm not a real fan of the cold weather riding...

In the name of Ohio, I laugh out loud!

Billy Golightly
10-03-2003, 01:21 PM
I know I know...This is Florida, but it gets down right friggen cold sometimes. I have seen it 11 degrees several mornings in a row. And a couple years ago It even snowed. It didn't stay on the ground long and there wasn't much of it, but it did snow.