PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the old site?

Tecate250
01-13-2011, 01:16 PM
I really miss how the old site and people were. Back when this was a very informative place to come. To hang out and chat in the chat room see all the new members joining dayly. learning about the 1987 atc 250r/350x The talk about trying to start a trikefest. Those were the cool days. Now its different. I have seen alot of these good guys somewhat leave. Or just never post anything anymore. I find there are the "Im The Trike God" attitude. Ive seen new members come in here and post like 5 post befor getting smashed for saying i have this bike. Or the stupid bullying or hell hes on the east coast and im on the west so I can say whatever. This attitude pisses me off. I know if this was my site id ban lots of you trike lover haters out of here. I am not inocent. When someone pushes my button I can snap but only to those who deserve it.

ceaserthethird
01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Some of the New Member's are Young & Think Different than the Older Folk's....;)

oldskool83
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
kiddies....that sums it up

lmandoka
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
kiddies....that sums it up

Don't speak for all of us

Texaskev
01-13-2011, 02:09 PM
I tend to agree. I am definately not a kid, and I try to post some facts that I believe to be helpful at times. I have had no one bash me or be outright rude to me. What I have noticed is that when I have asked a question or looking for parts to buy, it seems to me that I have largely been ignored. I realize that I am a newbie, but I don't ask stupid questions. For the record, I am not whining or expecting anything from this post. I am just commenting on a post from a member that looks to have been a part of this site for a long time. There have been a couple of folks on here that have helped me out a lot, and for that, I am grateful. I am sure there are quite a few folks on here that have been helped out by others. My philosophy is........pass it on, this is a great site for what we all enjoy. Karma is real.

k00leo
01-13-2011, 03:05 PM
eh, its an internet forum. Unfortunately all (if not most) forums are like this. People get brave behind a computer screen and are not afraid to tell people what they think.

Xpress
01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Pretty much all internet forums are like this. There's always a group of members that are the "I can say what I want" type, and generally they get away with it, for the most part anyways, and tend to be the "We're the best, trail pro the rest." type of attitude people....

fmnrd
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Guys ,the site is what we make it . We all have a common interest in Trikes and should all be able to get along and learn from each other. There is a lot of knowlegde on this site and most are willing to share . There are Trikers from all over the Country and World on this site which is awsome! I do see what seems to be dislike between members from different parts of the Country . That is sad ! We should all forget the state boarders .There is enough hate in the world lets all try and respect and help each other here on 3WW no matter where the other guy is from

zzmegad
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
i think it's a very informative place to come....ive spent hundreds of hours reading...I don't think it's that bad.. sure theres probably a few "know it alls" but meh, I love this place

WilliamJ
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
This is a great forum and there are are a lot of well-informed people posting on here - not all of them are old!!!

Sure, there are few idiots but it's an open forum - you have to expect a bit of nonsense. I subscribe to a few different types of forum and let me say now that American ones are better that the British ones. Over here we suffer from too much snobbishness and exclusivity. It puts people off - sometimes very good people. Some of these forums want you to pay to join a club before you can post anything like pay every year.........guess what, they don't have many members. A bit of robust discussion can be a good thing if it doesn't get out of hand and that's where the mods come in.

scooterroo
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
i dont have any problems with anyone on here, wether then been here 10 years, or 10 minutes. like it was already stated, this is an internet forum. your going to get a few people that are arrogant, that think they know all, and also like was said already, people tend to get big heads and puff their chests up when sitting behind a computer keyboard and talk smack. your going to get your idiots, the joy of the internet!! this is the best 3 wheeler forum on the net. i am a member on other 3 wheeler enthusiast sites as well, but would rather come here and search for info, shoot the sh!t, whatever it may be i feel like at the time, then the other sites because this one is just alot more useful for me. wether your on the east coast or the west coast, from canada, uk, australia, it doesnt matter. everyone here is here for basically the same reason. we are all into trikes.

yes i do miss the old days as well, but basically because of the older members that were on here. there has been a rush of new members and thats great, just goes to show that the popularity of our passion is growing. wether your 50 or 15, it doesnt matter. i do wish some of the older members would pop on once in a while to give us a shout though...

Mr_RPM
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
I find myself going to the Open forum for a good read just because the trikesylvania forum gets boring. the same thing gets posted over and over because of alot of new members and after a year i got bored.
I find the Open forum is where alot less newbs go and some cool things are talked about.
Maybe not trike stuff but regardless a good time.

I agree it seems kids are the ones with dumb questions or dumb attitudes but not everyone.
Im only 18 and Id like to think Im not so bad. lol maybe Im wrong haha

Mosh
01-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I wish we could have a age scan.

It has almost become a "facebook internet society" posting just for the sake of saying anything, relative or not.
I used to get worked up about stupid repetitive stuff coming up. But hey, it is so common anymore, you almsot can't stop it.
There was a time when this forum was more "hands on" and directly related to riding and wrenching. But, for some reason, it seems to have been inindated (sp) with alot of dribble.

It has almost become a chat room, more than a information forum. I am on everyday, but just do not have anything to say. When I do, it is relative and somewhat important, but gets slammed down to the bottom of the page in a few hours with ( I can't get my Tri moto 175 to idle right) posts.

I posted 3 days ago that Trike racing has finally become recoginized and sanctioned for points....That is big news if you ask me. Especially since they have been banned from legal sanctioned competition for the last 20 years..That is a big door opened up for publicity of trikes.
However, only about 15 people gave a crap.

But you get 1000 views on a (Why is a trike more dangerous than quads) post..That tells me that we have a slew of 15 year olds on here..
Nothing against that..But many would benefit from just doing a solid 6 months of reading before posting..

Texaskev
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I wish we could have a age scan.

I used to get worked up about stupid repetitve stuff coming up. But hey, it is so common anymore, you almsot can't stop it.
There was a time when this forum was more "hands on" and directly related to riding and wrenching. But, for some reason, it seems to have been inindated (sp) with alot of dribble.

It has almost become a chat room, more than a information forum. I am on everyday, but just do not have anything to say. When I do, it is relative and somewhat important, but gets slammed down to the bottom of the page in a few hours with ( I can't get my Tri moto 175 to idle right) posts.

I posted 3 days ago that Trike racing has finally become recoginized and sanctioned for points....That is big news if you ask me. Especially since they have been banned from legal sanctioned competition for the last 20 years..That is a big door opened up for publicity of trikes.

But you get 1000 views on a (Why is a trike more dangerous than quads) post..That tells me that we have a slew of 15 year olds on here..
Nothing against that..But many would benefit from just doing a solid 6 months of reading before posting..

46 year old here...............

beets442
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
I joined when the old site had just ended, it seemed those guys stuck together. Once the new site came, alot have left. I've met some really good people on this site. The new site has better resources to help this sport/hobby stay alive. I would like to thank Billy,Howdy,and other members who are not with us, but remembered for keeping this site what it is. A place for people who love 3wheelers. THERE is no OTHER like it on the internet. I hope if been somewhat helpful and entertaining over the years...Beets

Mosh
01-13-2011, 06:03 PM
46 year old here...............
True..And we have had some 15 year olds actually be valueable participants with a wealth of talent..However, the posts of the many far outwiegh the posts and input of a few.
And we have had some 40 year olds come on here just to scam peeps also.
My point was that it seems to me like we have quite a few youngins, that drug a old tri moto out of grandpa's garage, and post some really silly stuff. They come and go.

Texaskev
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Very true. Some, I'm sure know nothing about wrenching at all, some do. I will agree that some of the guys will "post before they think", or read. These guys need to learn, and some just don't do any research from what is available before they ask. I have seen some of those posts, and I have seen guys point them in the direction of the manuals and/or older posts. I think that is a good way to help them "wise up", if you will. Someone above said that you get this in all internet forums, and I believe that to be true. The kids that are not serious about trikes will leave in a short time. The ones that really want to keep an interest, I think they will learn how to correspond in the correct way. Some guys seem to just want to "stir the pot". That's the ones I have no patience for.

hang&rattle
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm new and you know what really gets me? Is everyone just seeing me for my incredible God-like good looks. Hey, I know I'm pretty, but just because I am so nice to gaze upon, folk miss all the intelligent things I have to say. I am more than just a pretty face, I have ideas, dreams, and am extremely smart. Would everyone just get over the idea of the 'hottie with the naughty body' behind the avatar and know there is a proud 3-wheeler fan.:naughty::lol:

Tecate250
01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Now with the OLD SITE im not meaning anything twords the new site just the vibe isnt here anymore. Yes I do find people interupting a well informed topics with y my bike wont run replys. The more of us we can help the better our comunity will be.

Thorpe
01-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm new and you know what really gets me? Is everyone just seeing me for my incredible God-like good looks. Hey, I know I'm pretty, but just because I am so nice to gaze upon, folk miss all the intelligent things I have to say. I am more than just a pretty face, I have ideas, dreams, and am extremely smart. Would everyone just get over the idea of the 'hottie with the naughty body' behind the avatar and know there is a proud 3-wheeler fan.:naughty::lol:

Hahahahahaha.... Now thats good stuff right there!!!

I think the "RULES" page needs to be read, before people can post.... (30 here)

Chazz of Blades
01-13-2011, 07:32 PM
16 here, but I try and not be.......idiotic.

fmnrd
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I am in my 40's as well .I am thrilled to see so many teenagers getting into trikes ! Seems like the hip thing is to ride a quad these days . Good for you guys daring to be different !

scooterroo
01-13-2011, 08:58 PM
ugh, im gonna be 40 in just about 2 months. saying goodbye to the dirty 30's! so far in this thread the only others that have been here as long or before me is mosh and tecate250. i know i was gone for awhile, but that was only because i was working constantly, have 2 kids to take care of, a house and alot more things on my plate. when did the site change? i thought it was just updated to a new style format. arent the original people that started the site still responsible for it? howdy? billy? i know tim is gone, r.i.p. friend, but isnt this the same site as the old one?

when it comes to the constant reposting of the same topics, i agree, its getting ridiculous to see the same type thread from 20 different members about the same issue. everyone needs to learn to use the search box up on the top right hand corner of the page first. a little research and digging thru older threads helps out tremendously. then if they cant find what they are looking for, start a thread.

i miss the days of biggreenmachine, edog (which was on today i see), syko, goat, mik6, trikeaholic, brapp, blazeone22, cloby, etc etc to name a few, and one of my favorites who every one couldnt help but razz cuz of his holier then thou attitude, dr. death. they couldnt have all just lost interest and got out of the hobby could they?

Billy Golightly
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
This sounds like a bunch of a waaaah waaaaaah to me. I was like 13 years old when I started working on this site with Howdy. I had to lie about my age till I was at the first Trikefest because no one would respect me or think about me as anything more than a "Punk assed kid". The problem is stupidity and maturity, not age.

I still advocate some sort of a competency "test" to post in more than one forum (Or to register, even). But I seem to get a mutiny everytime I even mention it...:lol:

Billy Golightly
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
ugh, im gonna be 40 in just about 2 months. saying goodbye to the dirty 30's! so far in this thread the only others that have been here as long or before me is mosh and tecate250. i know i was gone for awhile, but that was only because i was working constantly, have 2 kids to take care of, a house and alot more things on my plate. when did the site change? i thought it was just updated to a new style format. arent the original people that started the site still responsible for it? howdy? billy? i know tim is gone, r.i.p. friend, but isnt this the same site as the old one?

when it comes to the constant reposting of the same topics, i agree, its getting ridiculous to see the same type thread from 20 different members about the same issue. everyone needs to learn to use the search box up on the top right hand corner of the page first. a little research and digging thru older threads helps out tremendously. then if they cant find what they are looking for, start a thread.

i miss the days of biggreenmachine, edog (which was on today i see), syko, goat, mik6, trikeaholic, brapp, blazeone22, cloby, etc etc to name a few, and one of my favorites who every one couldnt help but razz cuz of his holier then thou attitude, dr. death. they couldnt have all just lost interest and got out of the hobby could they?

I think most people are conditioned to gravitate towards the members that were around when they first found and started using the forum. For me its Howdy, Swinehart, Mik6, Tri-Z_Jim, trikeaholic,Bill_X_R, and a few other people. I know what your saying but most of those guys have moved on to other things...just kinda how life is.

Thorpe
01-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I still advocate some sort of a competency "test" to post in more than one forum (Or to register, even). But I seem to get a mutiny everytime I even mention it...:lol:

I would vote your way Mr. Golightly... :naughty:

H95Shooter
01-13-2011, 11:04 PM
i am 15 and try not to post dumb stuff but i do have my dumb moments i'll admit it my spelling is not the greatest i have 1 quad and some trikes the only reason i got a quad was the price was good

hang&rattle
01-13-2011, 11:09 PM
^ How do you get a one-armed North Dakotan out of a tree?......You wave to him! lol! How did the North Dakotan break his arm raking the leaves?....Fell outa the tree! lol!!

350XJEDI
01-14-2011, 01:38 AM
hey,i just signed in but ive been a fan of this site for years my comuter skill trailprotrailpro but, i really enjoy reading the older threads but i am glad the young guys are finding trikes so fun, im 47 so ive grew up on trikes dirtbikes the only thing bout the new vs old that i miss is the members rides ,for some reason i cant look at the albums:rolleyes: probly my lack of computer know how anyways tanks for great site good ridin

scooterroo
01-14-2011, 01:48 AM
hey,i just signed in but ive been a fan of this site for years my comuter skill trailprotrailpro but, i really enjoy reading the older threads but i am glad the young guys are finding trikes so fun, im 47 so ive grew up on trikes dirtbikes the only thing bout the new vs old that i miss is the members rides ,for some reason i cant look at the albums:rolleyes: probly my lack of computer know how anyways tanks for great site good ridin

here yah go, is this what your looking for. the pics pages have been combined i believe.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/y01MainPicturePage.shtml

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/readersrides01.shtml

scooterroo
01-14-2011, 01:50 AM

or it could be this one also... http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/readersrides01.shtml

tri again
01-14-2011, 02:01 AM
I'll never be as cool as some of the people on here.

Gives me something to strive for and gives me a reason to evolve spiritually.

350XJEDI
01-14-2011, 02:05 AM
:right thats the old pics but it hasnt been updated since 2009 and iv e :drool: on those pic already i want more new pics and thanks for the help any way i will get more pics of my bikes posted ,when i get the brains of the house to help post them :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Tecate250
01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
The post im talking about are the fast replys. A kid comes in has no idea what hes talking about with a broken bike. 30 replys in 10 minutes and his bike is fixed. And that kid would kiss everyone who helped topics. The site really didnt change over night it was a gradular thing. Also with regurads to the search box. Thats almost uselss as a fouled spark plug.

200x350xtriz250
01-14-2011, 04:06 PM
The problem I find most disturbing is the misinformation given out now days. Responses to posts, given as facts, that are 100% false. Then when the correct answer/information is posted the liar - for lack of a better name - posts up:

Oh my bad. I thought I read somewhere that what I said was true, even though I have no idea if what I posted is right or not because I have never even seen one of those trikes let alone have any expertise(sp) in that particular area.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW SOMETHING, DON'T POST YOUR GUESS STATED AS FACT! If you are compelled to post a response/guess make sure it is clear it is a guess not nessasarily a fact.

brapp
01-15-2011, 01:12 PM
i am stilla round alive and kicking what i have noticed is the last year things ahve really been shiftign towrward a more mis informed crowd who doesnt have the patience to read the older threads, and the seriousness or enthousiasam. hell for my pensyltucky ride i would have had 60 people post in a month but i dont think i have more than a dozen who want to ride and its soemthign ive done for the last 5 years!!!!

thefox
01-15-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't know what happened, I don't come around as much as I used to....

I know for me it has been a combination of the forum growing so much, both in members and number of posts. It seems like if you don't check in twice a day there is no chance on keeping up with the posts and the latest members. Granted there was a time that I was on a lot more then twice a day and wouldn't have had a problem keeping up. That's the other thing for me, like others, life moves on. I still ride and wrench but not nearly as much as I did, now I spend the little time I can with my trikes instead of talking about them. I'm 26 now and I've been on the site for... I don't know how long but it was at the end of the "Mr. ATC scandal" lol (there are probably 5 people left that remember that). I used to love reading and posting through high school and college, I just don't have the time to now between a full time job and a part time running addiction.

But non the less I hope the other "old members" are like me, enjoying where life is taking them. If this great sport we gather together for is still part of them then they can still check in on occasion, even if they miss a few days, weeks or (gasp) months.

TimSr
01-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I really miss how the old site and people were. Back when this was a very informative place to come.

So do I. It can be painful to accept that things change and that are totally beyond your control. Best to accept the reality and move on.

TimSr
01-15-2011, 03:28 PM
That is a big door opened up for publicity of trikes.

When you can figure out why that is, you will understand the root of what has changed about this site, and for that matter, the other site(s) as well.

H95Shooter
01-15-2011, 03:39 PM
^ How do you get a one-armed North Dakotan out of a tree?......You wave to him! lol! How did the North Dakotan break his arm raking the leaves?....Fell outa the tree! lol!!
haha ive heard those but in the version of blonds

The Goat
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I read more about new products than anything these days... my work requires it. Before you know it you have 10000 pages of products and vendors committed to memory... when I get off of work the last thing I want to do is read about more offroad stuff lol

r00sty
01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Wow... i think we all miss the anglefire days! Billy, Howdy, Tim Sr and a handful of others i will always remember how it used to be, and with those memories my life goes on...

Mosh
01-25-2011, 08:03 PM
When you can figure out why that is, you will understand the root of what has changed about this site, and for that matter, the other site(s) as well.
That "idea" light just flickered last week, and has come on solid bright, since then.