PDA

View Full Version : oem new tecate rear fenders 169.00

cattle-dog
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
seems cheap to me why buy maire? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-TECATE-KXT-250-NEW-OEM-REAR-FENDER-1986-1987-/400187826214?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2d0da026
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-TECATE-KXT-250-NEW-OEM-FRONT-FENDER-1986-1987-/400187826213?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2d0da025

nd4speed
01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Can one even buy Maier for 86-87 or you mean to put on 84-85?

Anyway someone said somethin about kennedy cycles sellin them for like $40 cheaper than that

rdlsz24
01-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Are the oem 2nd gen Tecate fenders something you guys could see being discontinued in the future and being worth a lot like the oem 350x nos fenders?

Rob

hang&rattle
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
No matter, that's a good price. Any 'discontinued' fender can be ordered with 5 or more though Maier. May be a little more expensive, but the molds are still there on most and are not gone forever. If I had an 86' or 87' I'd do that. It's right there in front of us OEM, says 'Kawasaki', so that's a great price. But, not all, but some have had problems with Chaplin Kawasaki sayin' they had the product and not, so beware. It'll go quick so please, some one with a B1/B2 on here nab that.

scottyms
01-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Can one even buy Maier for 86-87 or you mean to put on 84-85?

Anyway someone said somethin about kennedy cycles sellin them for like $40 cheaper than that

yep that was me www.kennedyscycles.com great place give them your business...

scotty

CanadianThomas
01-15-2011, 02:23 AM
yep that was me www.kennedycycles.com great place give them your business...

scotty

Link doesn't work for me, do you mean: http://www.kennedyscycles.com/ ?

scottyms
01-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Link doesn't work for me, do you mean: http://www.kennedyscycles.com/ ?

yep thats it i forgot the S in there some how... you'll have to get the part 3's tho they dont have the kxt250's in there parts fish yet... just copy and past them from anothere site. i like to use the actuall kawasaki site because it will tell you for its an available part or not...

scotty

OZQUAD44
01-15-2011, 11:09 AM
The link worked, but I couldn't find any "TECATE", or "KXT250" parts using the search function on that site. Best I could come up with was 3 cylmer repair manuals. Not that a repair manual is much chop without parts. They might be the best dealer out, but as a remote buyer other suppliers have search engines attached to their sites actually bring up Tecate parts.

To the OP, OEM 86/87 plastic is the only new Tecate Plastic you can buy now. Apparently Maier will do group buy stuff for the previous model, but you can't get the original 84/85 KXT plastic anymore, only the low profile version.

Its got me stumped why Kawasaki (or even Maier for that matter) don't just do a run of hard to get Trike parts or plastics. Its not like they are cutting into new two wheeler sales, and its money for Jam. Surely they like to turn a profit do they not?

Don't mind me gents... just throwing it out there.

250rmanfmf
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Yea, OEM is all you can buy for 86/87 Tecates for rear plastics, You can buy them all day long but that is a good price.

So weird that you can buy OEM 86/87 Rear fenders but not Maier and for the 84-85's you can buy Maier but OEm are not ava.

Weird

3Razors
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Buy as many oem front/rear fenders as you can afford. The day will come when they are gone you will wish you did. And at the price you can buy them for it is a steal. Shoot the oem price is cheaper than maier for rear fenders and there is no comparision on fit/finish is better not to mention the collector value with oem.

scottyms
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
The link worked, but I couldn't find any "TECATE", or "KXT250" parts using the search function on that site. Best I could come up with was 3 cylmer repair manuals. Not that a repair manual is much chop without parts. They might be the best dealer out, but as a remote buyer other suppliers have search engines attached to their sites actually bring up Tecate parts.

your right there are no kxt250 fisch on there site but if you open up one of the other sites and copy and past the part #'s its pretty easy... i'll do that all day long to save the money you can save, right now there parts prices are set at 15% over cost... i don't know for sure how long they will keep them that low, compair them with anyone else there way cheaper...

scotty

rdlsz24
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Their prices are darn good. And they ship as well? If so do they charge a lot for that? I hate the oem sites that have like a $10 or $15 mininum shipping charge even if all you buy if 1 little bolt

Rob

scottyms
01-17-2011, 04:42 PM
i have no idea on the shipping prices but yes they ship, there local so i order on line and go pick it up... if your worried about it pm me i can pick up and send you what ever for what the shipping is..

scotty

rdlsz24
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Just got some Kawi parts from Kennedy's. They are great, I would recommend them. I ordered the parts Sunday night and got them today, and they even had to special order them and ship them to me 2 states away. Normally when I buy special order parts online it's at least a week. Plus you literally can't beat their prices. If you need Kawi or Yamaha parts this is where to get them. I just wish they sold Honda parts also!

Rob

scottyms
02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Just got some Kawi parts from Kennedy's. They are great, I would recommend them. I ordered the parts Sunday night and got them today, and they even had to special order them and ship them to me 2 states away. Normally when I buy special order parts online it's at least a week. Plus you literally can't beat their prices. If you need Kawi or Yamaha parts this is where to get them. I just wish they sold Honda parts also!

Rob

really happy to hear you ordered from them spread the word parts are 15% over there cost!!! the owners are great people very friendly and happy to get your business...

scotty

86T3
02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
I bought my set from Chaplin about a year ago when they were the cheapest on ebay and had a great transaction. But i did pay 219 or something like that for the rears.

nd4speed
02-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Chaplin probably calls Kennedys after someone bids.

rdlsz24
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
wow Kennedy's impresses me once again. My brother works at a Kawasaki dealer here in IL so I can get his discount on parts, which I think is 15 or 20 percent over cost. I had him check some prices just for grins to compare to Kennedys. His price on the oem Tecate fenders were $3 less on the front and the rears were $7 less. So I would only save $10 over Kennedy's everyday pricing even using a dealer employee discount!! Of course I wouldn't be paying shipping but that's another story. My brother's normal price on the front was something like $104 and the rears were just over $200 ouch.

Anybody that is not ordering Kawasaki or Yamaha oem parts from Kennedy's is spending too much!! It's like you are getting an employee discount without working there.

Rob