PDA

View Full Version : What BS!

coolpool
01-15-2011, 10:46 PM
The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council has recently banned the 25+ year old song Dire Straits song, Money For Nothing, because they use the word "faggot" in it; twice. It will have to be modified to be accepted:crazy:. At least our local radio station is still playing the original version since they think the decision is BS too. What's next, The cartoon "Sleeping Beauty" because she "prick's" her finger:D

cattle-dog
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM
well here the chosen ones are changing the adventures of huckelberry fin because of the word used to describe a african american. so now do we take all the rap songs that call us whitey`s? this gets way out of hand if you ask me once you start where do you stop?

Flossyb20
01-15-2011, 11:07 PM
We should probably just stop this thread right here....

Mr_RPM
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
And I thought things were getting better. Atleast on tv it seems this way, south park and family guy have been getting farther and farther, I even hear the F work on comedy centrals south park after 10PM I think.

Yeah, i could see it going really far, all rap music banned...haha well that wouldn't be too bad. =P haha

Its sad such old traditional books/songs can be changed. Its quite pathetic. I can see them wanting to change the books for school reading but Its just part of History and Life and schools should teach that and not try to hide it.

300rman
01-15-2011, 11:25 PM
well here the chosen ones are changing the adventures of huckelberry fin because of the word used to describe a african american. so now do we take all the rap songs that call us whitey`s? this gets way out of hand if you ask me once you start where do you stop?

Or how about all the rap that uses the same term as in Huckleberry Finn? (NI****)
its a double standard, and its totally ridiculous.

HuffieVA
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Its called the demise of society er..um... I mean Political Correctness, great ain't it?

I just want somebody to explain to me how someone with gold teeth can be on welfare, that sounds Politically Incorrect to me...

CanadianThomas
01-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Well, I just heard they are taking the "N" word out of future publications of a Mark Twain book. It never stops.

Just noticed it was already mentioned but........

TommyBoy1971
01-16-2011, 12:23 AM
So I wonder what they will put in it's place, "the little rump ranger he's a millionaire". Or fudge packer, butt pirate. I guess to be politically correct they would have to replace it with homosexual, or gay?? I have nothing against people being Gay, and people that are gay have nothing against being called gay.

leviblue
01-16-2011, 01:27 AM
in England if your standing outside a pub with a smoke in your hand someone will ask you for a fag with-in a min. Fag is a cig over there. Changing Huck Finn is just a crime but in the past 10 years our leaders have been changing school books to fit their views. Texas is rewriting history as we speak and it's coming to a school near you.

82300R
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
:cool: HMMM. Lets see. faggott, faggott , faggott.:cool: I don't have a problem with that!:cool: I'll go ride a trike. You go suck a duck. Its all good!:naughty:

D-dub
01-16-2011, 02:03 AM
definitely not :cool:

HuffieVA
01-16-2011, 02:37 AM
What pisses me off is that he has his own jet, what he does behind closed doors doesn't bother me...

TommyBoy1971
01-16-2011, 06:01 AM
What pisses me off is that he has his own jet, what he does behind closed doors doesn't bother me...

damn straight! Sexual preference doesn't matter one bit. Next thing you know the womans libbers will be upset because it's a man that has his own jet and is a millionair. Why does it have to be a man?

cr480r
01-16-2011, 06:19 AM
So I wonder what they will put in it's place, "the little rump ranger he's a millionaire". Or fudge packer, butt pirate...

lmao.. .

jensenracing77
01-16-2011, 09:22 AM
that is the liberal way of thinking. more reasons why we have to take our country (countries) back from the politicians. the white house has a hall that has a picture of many of the presidents pictures in it. the Obamas took the pictures of the presidents that owned slaves down. i guess we will also have to change history and say they were never presidents because they owned slaves. i can understand that people don't want to be called "nigger" just like most people don't want to be called "cracker" but if it is in a history context and is part of our history why do we have to rewrite it? it won't surprise me that i get in trouble for posting the word nigger or cracker here and it is not even used in a bad way.

Jerm1179
01-16-2011, 10:31 AM
it won't surprise me that i get in trouble for posting the word nigger or cracker here and it is not even used in a bad way.

atleast you didnt say honkey....lol

300rman
01-16-2011, 02:37 PM
that is the liberal way of thinking. more reasons why we have to take our country (countries) back from the politicians. the white house has a hall that has a picture of many of the presidents pictures in it. the Obamas took the pictures of the presidents that owned slaves down. i guess we will also have to change history and say they were never presidents because they owned slaves. i can understand that people don't want to be called "nigger" just like most people don't want to be called "cracker" but if it is in a history context and is part of our history why do we have to rewrite it? it won't surprise me that i get in trouble for posting the word nigger or cracker here and it is not even used in a bad way.

The country needs taken back. Luckily, the "masses" are waking up and realizing they arent alone in their thinking, partly in thanks to guys like Beck and Limbaugh.

And I couldnt agree more, why in the hell do they want to rewrite history? If they remove all things "offensive" from history amd make history seem all happy, full of flowers and rainbows and removing the horrors and mistakes, arent we doomed to repeat those mistakes? If we cant learn about them, we sure as hell cant avoid them in the future........

Mr_RPM
01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
If we cant learn about them, we sure as hell cant avoid them in the future........

Boom!
Before we know it They will cause us to forget why The founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment.
The Big point of history is basically a Giant Lesson learner.

CanadianThomas
01-16-2011, 03:02 PM
This is a great thread. Leave it to a bunch of people that ride the "death trap" that is our beloved 3 wheeler to be the ones who correctly find this rewrite of history to be BS. What it says about the powers that be is amazing. Ban our Trikes and our History as well? Man it's way too much.

RamsesRibb
02-24-2011, 03:33 AM
And I couldnt agree more, why in the hell do they want to rewrite history? If they remove all things "offensive" from history amd make history seem all happy, full of flowers and rainbows and removing the horrors and mistakes, arent we doomed to repeat those mistakes? If we cant learn about them, we sure as hell cant avoid them in the future........

Those who want "CHANGE" want to rewrite history mostly because they can teach the youth who never learned the truth the correct way to think. If you've never heard of something before then as far as you know it doesn't exist. That's the reason the schools (which are government controlled) have changed the text books over the years. The change in society has been a long time in coming and only those who search for the truth will find it. Most kids today think that what they see on TV or the internet is always the truth. It's always about how bad people we are as a nation are and how the rich people take advantage of common folk. When I was in school twenty years ago, the entire high school history curriculum was based on slavery and black history and how hard it was for black people in America. Everything else that happened in the country was taught in the first six weeks. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with information, but it's hard not to notice the bias toward laying on the guilt trip to the young impressionable minds.

As far as owning slaves. In the past slavery was not a moral issue. It was generally accepted throughout history as a reasonable way to accomplish physical tasks for those with the wealth to afford it. Not only black people were slaves. There were slaves of all races and religions. It was a common thing. That's mostly changed in modern times. For anyone to try to erase that part of history is doing themselves and everyone a disservice because those who do not heed the past are doomed to repeat it.

bigbadktm
02-25-2011, 12:10 AM
well you all know that the holocaust didnt happen and hitler sold ice cream and had nothing to do with nazis...the holocaust was all a lie that the jewish community made up so that they could get recognition....i mean really people, where are they gonna stop with the rewriting of history?

300rman
02-25-2011, 12:14 AM
As far as owning slaves. In the past slavery was not a moral issue. It was generally accepted throughout history as a reasonable way to accomplish physical tasks for those with the wealth to afford it. Not only black people were slaves. There were slaves of all races and religions. It was a common thing. That's mostly changed in modern times. For anyone to try to erase that part of history is doing themselves and everyone a disservice because those who do not heed the past are doomed to repeat it.

the world wouldnt be where it is today without slavery, sad but true

hang&rattle
02-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm prejudice. Just the way I am and it's o.k. for me to be that way. I just believe that white is the best. I'm perfectly proud to be white. The best race of color. The most dominate. The smartest. I am totally proud to be white.......(It would be a proclamation of pride if I was black, mexican, asian, or anything else but white. Sayin' your proud to be white makes you a bigot) WHITE POWER!!!!!!

dcreel
02-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Then you guys ought to love this.. The NAACP were having a MLK day celebration at the state house in Columbia, South Carolina.. and they built a box around a George Washington statue so it wouldn't offend any of the black attendees. Scumbags

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/01/naacp-defiles-george-washington-statue-at-state-house-for-mlk-day/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YJQ6fD7smOY/TTTB3p_AVAI/AAAAAAAAAeo/vtsahjea9ZI/s400/Washington%2BStatue.htm

There is a NAAWP.. But it is considered a white supremacist organization.

bigbadktm
02-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Then you guys ought to love this.. The NAACP were having a MLK day celebration at the state house in Columbia, South Carolina.. and they built a box around a George Washington statue so it wouldn't offend any of the black attendees. Scumbags

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/01/naacp-defiles-george-washington-statue-at-state-house-for-mlk-day/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YJQ6fD7smOY/TTTB3p_AVAI/AAAAAAAAAeo/vtsahjea9ZI/s400/Washington%2BStatue.htm

There is a NAAWP.. But it is considered a white supremacist organization.

that is freaking rediculous that they would be afraid to offend someone, screw them without our founding fathers where would we be

JayBone
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
WOW!! I belive that picture is just wrong. I also have many good friends with different back grounds and i think they would think the same thing. Well educated people who learned about history see the freedoms of the US. History class and the material has changed from my days in high school. It's worse now.

The small minded and those who feel they have no purpose tend to join a group like this is my opinion.

tri again
02-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Best to avoid this topic and pretend it doesn't exist.
But I think sat nite live did something like

united white guy college fund
and
w.e.t. white entertainment network.

Where would the riots start.

It won't be long before we all need each other to survive.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-27-2011, 12:57 PM
The country needs taken back. Luckily, the "masses" are waking up and realizing they arent alone in their thinking, partly in thanks to guys like Beck and Limbaugh.

You got that right!

The reason they (the progressive left) want to re-write our history is so they can successfully transform our society as it was founded into whatever warped wet dream of a society they think it should be. It all starts with our kids. Teach them false history, leave out certain "objectionable" (in their eyes) parts of it. Now you have a generation who does not know where we came from, the great things this and other good countries have done to protect freedom and so on.

And on a side note about the obamas taking down pictures of certain presidents...Didnt you just love how they sent the bust of Winston Churchill back to Great Britain as soon as he moved into the Oval Office? That was a gift of condolence from Great Britian in the aftermath of 9/11!

Oh, and he (obama and company) are curently in contempt of 2 federal judges. One for ignoring a federal judge who overrulled the administration's moritorium on oil drilling, and second obamacare still moves forward despite a federal judges ruling that it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. And yet, the o-blah-blah andministration is soooo worred about constitutionality, he and eric-the-bigot holder have decided to quit defending the Marriage Protection Act in court. Who gave them the authority to declare ANYTHING unconstitutional?? It is the presidents sworn duty to defend the constitution and the laws of the US. And he is in utter defiance of his sworn duty. Gotta love progressivism. He and his ilk are trying to rule us against thge consent of the people, instead of govern with consent of the people...

Sorry about the rant. Its all connected...

Buy guns, ammo, and gold!

tri again
02-27-2011, 07:08 PM
..following redred ..Best thing we can do is 'arm' ourselves with a pocket copy of the constitution.

Most cops and judges have never read it.

Chazz of Blades
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Poor Guitar George, ya know he knows....All the chords.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Poor Guitar George, ya know he knows....All the chords.

"but its strictly rythm, he dont wanna make it...cry or sing...."

Another great classic tune!

RamsesRibb
03-02-2011, 01:31 AM
All of us peasants better get used to bowing to the royal family in Washington!!!