PDA

View Full Version : Does this look familiar?

dsherbone
01-17-2011, 10:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-HONDA-ATC-250R-NEAR-MINT-CONDITION-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c279121fQQitemZ11063 6896799QQptZATVs

Is this that same guy from Cali up to his old tricks under a new name? Pics are from the same driveway.

93cr250
01-17-2011, 08:56 PM
what did he do before?

edog
01-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Nice trike!!!!!

dsherbone
01-17-2011, 11:31 PM
This is Frank Padilla under another name. He bait and switched me on 2 machines that I bought from him. He represented really nice near mint machines and then shipped completely different machines not even close to the ones in the picture. Search the name Padilla on this site and you will see the other members who have been scammed.

kasey200x
01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Can you be sure? If you had his number, i could message him asking for his to "speak" about it's condition, and if the number he gave me and the one you had matches then it would be for sure.
There has to be some way to notify ebay of this correct?

CanadianThomas
01-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Dudes, Listen to the members here. I've been on this site for only 4 months and I know of this moron (if it is him), I've seen countless threads on his eBay listings and so on. Go slow! If it is this dude, members here on this site will know and help you fish it out. Personally, I wouldn't trust a eBayer with a ZERO rating unless I was picking it up in person with NO downpayment!

Bump this thread a few times so the old school members can see it, I bet it's him.

PS. Re-title your post, put the dudes name in it so everyone looks at it.

fugget1
01-18-2011, 04:09 AM
IS this "ATC PARTS N RESTORATIONS" as his old Ebay name?

CanadianThomas
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/2163215668.html

Is this him (Padilla)? A little birdie that has been tracking this guy for a refund gave me the heads up.

Also, I thought I read on another thread a few dudes talking that our member fmnrd might be this Padilla dude, I think not. I bought a real nice head pipe from fmnrd last month, cheap price and an amazing aftermarket pipe. Great dude as well. I have a cousin who is a scammer drug head and I can tell the lies when I hear them. fmnrd is a good dude, IMHO.

They might share the same first name and location but I have no doubt they are not the same people. They (speak) write in a very different manner.

fugget1
01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Good Im glad, seemed that way to me too. Im going to ask him to track me down a sweet 225dr in the spring, and got a little spooked.

atctim
01-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm - zero eBay feedback = questionable seller at best. Buyer beware!

SeaBass8
01-18-2011, 12:20 PM
"WE ALSO HAVE EXTENSIVE VINTAGE PARTS DEPARTMENT FOR ALL THOSE HARD TO FIND ATV AND ATC PARTS"

Yet he is using a 0 feedback account to sell parts? Very suspect.

Also regarding FMNRD... I think you need to clear things up here.

fmnrd
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
"WE ALSO HAVE EXTENSIVE VINTAGE PARTS DEPARTMENT FOR ALL THOSE HARD TO FIND ATV AND ATC PARTS"

Yet he is using a 0 feedback account to sell parts? Very suspect.

So we have a few members on here that think that I am Frank Padilla .Yes we both have the same first name (Frank ) .My last name is Destra . He lives in Riverside County Ca ,I live in Orange County Ca . We both Buy and sell Trikes . I think his sales are documented enough here on this site so I will not get into that .Here is my Sales History

1. Started making and selling Billet parts for trikes and Trx250r's in 2000 ON ebay under the seller Name FMNRDAOL
2. About 5 years ago, eBAY Forced sellers like me with usernames with emails in to change it .(Mostly to avoid sellers making deals off ebay)
3. At that point I was not selling Billet but selling trikes and parts so I changed my username (same account) to atcpartsnrestorations which is still the same account I use today. I have a feedback of over 1600 with a 99% rating .This feedback started in 2000 ! I also have feedback here on this site . I have NEVER SCREWED anybody on a trike ,yes I have had guys call and email with small complaints every once in a while . But I always do my best to make it right .
4. There are 15,000 members here on 3ww if any of you that have bought a trike from me can say otherwise be my guest .
5. Yes I know Padilla ,I know Carl from 250rtrikes on Ebay , I know Guys from intoglamis on ebay , I know guys at Trinity , I know el paso loco from ebay .I know a lot of guys that live out here does that make me guilty just because I know them and they happen to have a deal gone bad or screw somebody. I know them but I don't drink beer or go out riding with them .They are just guys into the same S**T as me
6. I have in the past sold parts and trikes for Padilla on a bussiness level , He gives me the product and I sell it for a commishion. I advertise his products the same way I sell my own .
7 Too th eguys on 3WW that have bought parts or bikes from me I am asking that you take a minute and leave feedback here in 3ww on my feedaback thread .I have never asked for feedback before but with all this going on I think it is important to build my 3WW feedback
***Lastly **** I have phoned and PM'd Tbcoplin multiple times to discuss this with him as he is posting all over the boards that I am involved in screwing guys. Well he will not PM or call me back yet. I am sure there is at least one moderator that is reading the Multiple Padilla posts with a lot a accusations being thrown my way with "0" proof to back it up .I hope one of them will warn members about this type of posting without proof . I always list my phone number in my Ebay ads (same number for 6 years) If anybody wants to call me about this they are welcome to do so .
Frank Destra
ATC PARTS N RESTORATIONS

dsherbone
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
I speak with Frank Destra all of the time. I have never had an issue with Frank and he is always honest with me. If he is Padilla he is pulling off an elaborate scam. Hats off Frank if that is the case. Although, I don't believe that to be the case.

Mosh
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
So we have a few members on here that think that I am Frank Padilla .Yes we both have the same first name (Frank ) .My last name is Destra . He lives in Riverside County Ca ,I live in Orange County Ca . We both Buy and sell Trikes . I think his sales are documented enough here on this site so I will not get into that .Here is my Sales History

1. Started making and selling Billet parts for trikes and Trx250r's in 2000 ON ebay under the seller Name FMNRDAOL
2. About 5 years ago, eBAY Forced sellers like me with usernames with emails in to change it .(Mostly to avoid sellers making deals off ebay)
3. At that point I was not selling Billet but selling trikes and parts so I changed my username (same account) to atcpartsnrestorations which is still the same account I use today. I have a feedback of over 1600 with a 99% rating .This feedback started in 2000 ! I also have feedback here on this site . I have NEVER SCREWED anybody on a trike ,yes I have had guys call and email with small complaints every once in a while . But I always do my best to make it right .
Ok so you changed your ebay ID from FMNRDAOL to ATCPARTSNRESTORATIONS a few years ago. Is that correct?

fmnrd
01-18-2011, 10:22 PM
"Ok so you changed your ebay ID from FMNRDAOL to ATCPARTSNRESTORATIONS a few years ago. Is that correct?"

Yes that is correct .I think because I dragged my feet on changing my user name Ebay accually changed it for me to fmnrdarj or something like that .I then changed to my current user name ATCPARTSNRESTORATIONS

Mosh
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
"Ok so you changed your ebay ID from FMNRDAOL to ATCPARTSNRESTORATIONS a few years ago. Is that correct?"

Yes that is correct .I think because I dragged my feet on changing my user name Ebay accually changed it for me to fmnrdarj or something like that .I then changed to my current user name ATCPARTSNRESTORATIONS
Ok so you took that name ATCPARTSNRESTORATIONS a few years ago?

EDIT..Yes I just asked the same question a second time..Waiting for the second response.

2Tim215
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Frank, Maybe it would help if you explain why you are using a new account if you have an existing account with 99% feedback. Just my opinion. I have used eBay since 1998, I am very cautious about dealing with people that have higher end items with very low feedback. It would probably help your sale if you used your old account. You can't blame people for getting nervous after being stung but I agree they should have their facts straight one way or the other. I'm sure you too would want to be warned if there was a possible costly scam. Just sharing, hope no offense!

fmnrd
01-18-2011, 11:00 PM
2Tim215
I am not using another ebay account .I buy and sell only under atcpartsnresorations .

kasey200x
01-18-2011, 11:03 PM
I think if you have an account that you have sold so many thing's on, and obviously tried so hard to have a good rep, it would be much easier to just change the username instead of creating a whole new account and starting completely over.
It's not that complicated of a task.

thestud25
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Has any member on here(3WW) had a bad transaction with FMNRD? If so, step up. He seems to be a legit guy. Why would you go through all this trouble to scam people? How long has Padilla been a member on here? FMNRD has been a member since 2008. Just my $.02.

Mosh
01-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Ok you stated it the first time, in your first post, of this very thread(post 12) and I asked you for confirmation that you changed your EBAY name a few years ago.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?124193-Does-this-look-familiar&p=961217#post961217

You said yes you changed the neame a few years ago..Post 15
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?124193-Does-this-look-familiar&p=961229#post961229

I asked again for a 3rd time that went unanswered...Post 16
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?124193-Does-this-look-familiar&p=961235#post961235

If you like you can just reread this very thread here again...

Now may I ask?
Why do we have a thread here from March of 2010 stating that your current EBAY name was still FMNRDAOL, less than one year ago,
but here you said basically 3 times that name had not been used for a few years?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?110614-Atc-capitol-of-the-world-so-cal

Hey guys Frank for OC Cal here . Some of you guys know me from ebay where i sell parts and near mint trikes .dont hesitate to email me if you are looking for a part or even that model and or year trike you have always wanted .my ebay name is fmnrdaol .if you see a item you want email me at fmnrd@aol.com i will close any auction for the right offer

fmnrd
01-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Mosh
You are right my time lines are incorrect .I guess it was only a year ago I changed my ebay name from fmnrdaol to atcpartsnrestorations. I thought I had changed it longer ago than that, my mistake . The point is I have had the same ebay account since the year 2000 and all that feedback is from 2000 . Sellers do not change there user names to screw people .The reason I changed my name from fmnrdaol to atcpartsnrestorations was to give me a user name that would match what I was selling. If some day I stop selling Trikes and Parts and start selling a different product , I would probably change it again to match that product . I joined Ebay like most to buy things not sell so my original user name did not matter as a buyer .When I set up my ebay store(about a year ago) I wanted more of a name that would be match the product. I can't undestand why there is so much focus on my ebay user name anyway this is crazy! Why are you guys worried about my user name and not my account feedback and the fact it has been exellent since 2000 .
Mosh tell you what .Like I put in all my ads on ebay ." I have references from buyers all over the Country " If you want to call me during the day tomarrow I will give you a reference from a past buyers from the States of your choice . I have buyers in PA, CA , AZ, NV ,OH, MA ,FL, NM, TX,WA,MN ,NY ,UT and more but those states I have sold a multiple trikes to.

***by the way still no call or PM from tbcoplin *** If you are going to bash me you should at least have the guts to pick up the phone or email me ****
So 15,000 members and still nobody from 3ww has stepped up to say they got screwed by Frank Destra .

fabiodriven
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
.The reason I changed my name from fmnrdaol to atcpartsnrestorations was to give me a user name that would match what I was selling.

That is not the same reason you gave in post #12 Frank.

thestud25
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
If everyone is concerned about Frank Destra's real identity I may have a solution. Mosh, get FMNRD's paypal address, send him $.01 and get your Paypal receipt. As many people know you have to have a Valid Credit Card , Debit Card, or a Verified Bank Account to use Paypal. To me someone with 1607 positive feedbacks and a rating of 99% would be pretty legit.

2Tim215
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
This is Frank Padilla under another name. He bait and switched me on 2 machines that I bought from him. He represented really nice near mint machines and then shipped completely different machines not even close to the ones in the picture. Search the name Padilla on this site and you will see the other members who have been scammed.
Be careful if you aren't 150% sure this is the guy who you think it is. Stating, "This is Frank Padilla..." on a public forum can really be damaging to both parties. It wouldn't be fair to make such a statement and ruin his chance to get the best price for his auctions. It is a nice looking machine to say the least. I hope we can all get this resolved as it is good to know who to avoid but I hope not at the expense of another member. I understand your concern as I have been stung before for thousands not that the amount should matter as 50.00 hurts too!

timex69
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Mosh, im gonna send you a private message. I figured something out

2Tim215
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
2Tim215
I am not using another ebay account .I buy and sell only under atcpartsnresorations .
Frank, so the misunderstanding here is that the 1986 Honda ATC 250R is not your Trike but rather someone who is using "westcoastvintageatv" that may possibly be the other Frank? Your account is still atcpartsnrestorations? That should clear this up folks. Frank Destra has told us this trike is not his as he still has his account under westcoastvintageatv. Frank, if I may, I would suggest responding to the feedbacks on your current account if you cleared up the issues with your past buyers, especially the most recent two that claim they never received their parts or refund. eBay allows you to respond and they can follow-up so if they did receive their parts or refund it would clear things up and attract more bidders for you. Obviously we can't please every buyer that receives an item and disagrees with the description but not receiving the item is a whole different issue. I use a tracking number on anything I mail whether it is a gift or my income tax, well worth the .55 cents to have peace of mind and avoid false accusations if that is the case. Plus with eBay when printing the label through them with your PayPal account there is no cost for Delivery Confirmation and you could post the tracking number right in your feedback response so others could look and see the truth. This information is meant to help everyone who uses eBay. Hope this turns out well!
NOTE; eBay does not allow sellers to make buyers pay for the PayPal fees so it is actually not a legitimate auction and eBay will pull it if they catch that inclusion. I don't agree with all of eBay policies either, things have really changed since I started in 1998. This forcing buyers to be paid through PayPal is not right, the very reason why they pulled the Tecate auction last week because of the word, "cash" being found in the description meant they won't receive additional profit if PayPal is not used. It doesn't seem right to force sellers to use their fee based payment method with no other options. I used to receive US Postal Money Orders but that is not allowed either as an option. I try to avoid eBay as much as possible, glad for Forums like this where we can buy and sell from each other and have our own Feedback system!!!

fmnrd
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
That is not the same reason you gave in post #12 Frank.

Fabiodriven
I was forced by ebay to change my User name because it had my email in it .They changed it to something like fmnrdarj ? or something like that .I was pissed so I changed it to fmnrdaol which was like my original user name . Then (about a year ago )I created a store and changed my user name .

Can somebody PLEASE tell me why my ebay user name is so IMPORTANT in all of this ? lol lol
Changing my user name does not change my feedback . I can change my user name every 60 days or so (I think ) and it will not change or erase any of my good or bad feedback .

thestud25 or anybody else who wants to check my paypal ID .My paypal is fmnrd@aol.com send me $1.00 and I will refund

anything else guys?

hang&rattle
01-19-2011, 02:45 PM
fmnrd, lol, you poor b@$tard. He's fighting tooth and nail to explain as best as he can and it's just confusing. I don't know if your a scam artist, I'm not the best judge of character, but just seeing how hard you're trying to explain and all the hoops you are jumping though, if you are a scam artist, you're not very good at it. You've given to much information, you should have taken the money and ran by now, lol. IDK, but am happy this site is investigating, but man, if you are a straight shooter, you're earning your stripes.

fabiodriven
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't mean to seem like I am doubting you Frank. I just want to be sure. I have the feeling you're a straight shooter, but I really don't know. I just can't stand all the scammers out there these days, especially the ones that originate from here. All in all, I think you will be cleared but I would just like to know for certain. Like Hang and Rattle said, you do seem legit. Good luck.

2Tim215
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Frank, the problem here I believe is that people think the trike is yours under a new name. Read Post 19. I believe you cleared it up by stating you only use your one account that you have had since 2000. BUT, part of people being suspect is also the driveway as mentioned in another post above in this thread. Both users, yours and the 250R, have the same exact garage door and cement line where the photos are taken. If you post a photo here showing a photo from a distance that your driveway doesn't have the stone borders at each end with your 1987 TRX that should clear this up for you once and for all! Just back up enough to show each end at the garage door. I would also point out to the Forum that Frank Destra has three trikes listed, why would he bother to open an account for the 250R? Post the photo Frank and maybe everyone will move on to another Post!

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
And someone could have stole his picture........

I'm sure it will get figured out.

cattle-dog
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
well i see another SALEM witch hunt and you all are pointing the finger the wrong way, fmnrd is not frank padilla or what ever the morons name is, i have bought from atcpartsnrestorations and everthing was always better than described in his ebay auctions, i have also bought from him here.
i know alot of people have purchased from atcpartsnrestorations where the heck are you all.
fmnrd also helped me get one of our trikers here back up and running at partially his cost and never thought twice,
I am all about making sure things are up and up and mr mosh you know i would let you know if i thought this guy was frank padilla just as the redrider guy.
You all will loose a great asset to trikes following this path you all need to slow down and step back and think this threw because in the end it isnt frank/fmnrd who is going to look ridiculous.
one more thing that exact garage door is in atleast 75% of all newer homes built from the 80`s up to current day, and the concrete cut/line are genrally all cut from the center of the garage door, see you guys can claim to know trikes, but i have built homes for 28 years for my father who has had a construction company 45 years i could roll down any develoment and take a dozen driveway pictures that will all look the same.

fmnrd
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Ok LOL LOL Tim I will take a picture of my garage tonight when I get home from work when I do MY photo shoots . My garage is in the back of my property .I do not have the nice brickwork I have a tire changer bolted to the ground . I try not to include that in my near mint trikes photos for marketing purposes lol lol

Fabio : I don't mind the questions ,no offense taken by any of you guys except for tbcoplin who still has not called me to talk this out ,but is still posting negitive comments about me

2Tim215
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Ok LOL LOL Tim I will take a picture of my garage tonight when I get home from work when I do MY photo shoots . My garage is in the back of my property .I do not have the nice brickwork I have a tire changer bolted to the ground . I try not to include that in my near mint trikes photos for marketing purposes lol lol

Fabio : I don't mind the questions ,no offense taken by any of you guys except for tbcoplin who still has not called me to talk this out ,but is still posting negitive comments about me
Frank, I knew if you posted the photo it would clear this up for you and people will move on, hopefully with an apology. Obviously I didn't post the PM information I sent you that would have cleared this up but knew that proved you aren't the Frank that some here thought you were. Glad to see Cattle-Dog step up to the plate for you! Others will follow I'm sure.

rdlsz24
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I was confused with the 2 SoCal Franks at first as well but I believe fmnrd is not the scam artist. He was giving away free parts in the classifieds around Christmas, and I didn't see any complaints about that stuff.

Frank I stuck up for you here (starting at post 9): http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?122329-1987-200x-Excellent-original-condition

Rob

thestud25
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Fabiodriven

thestud25 or anybody else who wants to check my paypal ID .My paypal is fmnrd@aol.com send me $1.00 and I will refund

anything else guys?

Frank, I never doubted who you said you were. I was merely trying to help show that you are not Padilla.

2Tim215
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Just thought I would clear things up a bit here for Frank. He is NOT the "other" Frank that was suggested or assumed. I verified his information, location, last name, and other information and can say that with 150% confidence. I did this for two reasons. One is that a member here is on the up and up, and two if it was the "other" Frank I would have posted that to as none of us want to be stung. I think some here owe this Frank a sincere apology and hope they will. This was a legitimate Post with fair concern but Frank Destra shouldn't have been a part of this Post. I can see the other Frank being a concern as the seller of the 250R based on past dealings with other members here. As for the other Frank, I ran his name through a certain data base and had 175 hits in CA. Only four came up in the same area code as Frank Destra's out of 175, and some were repeat hits and none in the same town/city etc. as Frank Destra. Hope I haven't offended you Frank, sincere apologies if so, Tim

PS; The 250R is no longer listed on eBay!

SeaBass8
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
This was a legitimate Post with fair concern but Frank Destra shouldn't have been a part of this Post.

My mistake. I wasn't trying to associate FMNRD with this particular Ebay listing.

I should not have put that comment in this post.

D-dub
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Ive bought LOTS of items from Frank Destra! Everything was WAY better than expected! Decals, parts, ect. He is a top tier seller, and a hell of a shipper in my experience. One time I bought 2 decals from him and received about 10 other assorted decals free! Maybe Im fortunate, but Ive spent $Thousands of $$ on trike parts, shipped trikes, engines, rare parts, etc. and NEVER been ripped off. Not thru the forums anyway. I am very carefull who I send my hard earned CASH to....you have to be.
I feel terrible for all the members that have been ripped off, but this just goes to show that we need to, be extremely cautious who we send money to.

mmartin
01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I just read this whole thread and I have bought several parts from FMNRD on eBay and had no idea that he and his eBay store were the same person. Everything that I have recieved from him threw eBay was in excellent shape and was always a great deal. Now that I know who the person is behind the store I will not hesitate to buy parts from him threw 3WW. Just my .02 but he's a great person in my book

dsherbone
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I have to restate that I have never had an issue with Destra. We spoke before I started this thread. The other Frank is a scam artist and will immediately try to negotiate with you off of Ebay or e-mail through this site. If you e-mail him or discuss a listing with him he will try to make the deal offline. If you deal with the new West Coast Vintage ATV make sure you stick to site where you can be protected. He will lull you to sleep and begin to offer you a ton of sweet machines from his collection. He is very persistant and most of his deals are too good to be true. He also uses an e-mail address of someone that he calls his wife Ana Urzua. He also goes by other names depending on the situation. He used the name Andy with me.

cattle-dog
01-20-2011, 08:38 AM
so disherbone you are saying that this padilla guy is still a member here? 3ww? if so you need to give billy that 3ww name. and post them here all of the names should be made public so members dont get screwed.

TrickShot
01-20-2011, 09:34 AM
its listed back on ebay, also adding his "name" as Duane

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-HONDA-ATC-250R-NEAR-MINT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ110638156445QQihZ001QQcategoryZ 6724QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"On Jan-19-11 at 15:42:00 PST, seller added the following information:

SORRY ABOUT THE INCONVENIENCE EVERYONE . EBAY HAD REMOVED ME DUE TO THE VERBAGE I HAD USED IN THE DESCRIPTION, WITH NO WARNING. I HAVE IT RECTIFIED AND I AM FINDING OUT THE WAYS OF EBAY THE HARD WAY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. SINCERELY DUANE"

cattle-dog
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
that is not the same driveway as the ones in frank/fmnrds pictures ya same garage door that one billion americans have but that drive way is mint way nicer than fmnrd/franks driveway lol sorry frank d you must be doing to many good things for us to make the big bucks for that driveway lol. just a little concrete humor.
and does knowing a killer make you one? or because you know a thief you are a thief? if thats the fact then your gonna have along list of crooks on this site.
i think frank d may have sold a few trikes for this guy but never ripped anyone off,
i have had personal dealings with frank d where he took his valuable time and parts and donated them along with some parts i paid for to help a less fortunate triker out so he could ride that is not a bad guy. if there are guys who have a beef with him i am 100% sure he would correct it without hesitation.so instead of blasting frank d lets all write ebay about the scam artist and get him booted. and put his 3ww names, ebay names, phone numbers, addresses, and any info up here where we can all see it, a list not a thread. and it can not be called a blacklist that is against the law and is enforced.

CRAZY70MAN
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
that is not the same driveway as the ones in frank/fmnrds pictures ya same garage door that one billion americans have but that drive way is mint way nicer than fmnrd/franks driveway lol sorry frank d you must be doing to many good things for us to make the big bucks for that driveway lol. just a little concrete humor.
and does knowing a killer make you one? or because you know a thief you are a thief? if thats the fact then your gonna have along list of crooks on this site.
i think frank d may have sold a few trikes for this guy but never ripped anyone off,
i have had personal dealings with frank d where he took his valuable time and parts and donated them along with some parts i paid for to help a less fortunate triker out so he could ride that is not a bad guy. if there are guys who have a beef with him i am 100% sure he would correct it without hesitation.so instead of blasting frank d lets all write ebay about the scam artist and get him booted. and put his 3ww names, ebay names, phone numbers, addresses, and any info up here where we can all see it, a list not a thread. and it can not be called a blacklist that is against the law and is enforced.

My opinion,and it is an opinion is that knowing a killer does not make you a killer per say. It does and or can however make you an accessory "If you know that killer commited the crime and said nothing". He may not have known then about the scams then but he sure does now. Having said this and with loads of complaints and known high dollar scams to good memebers on this site, who here thinks that the right thing for "Frank Destra" to do would be list all known contact numbers and any other info that he has for "Padilla"? I would imagine you would have to have some info on him and his whereabouts if he trusted you enough to sell bikes for him? At the very least......I would think he would jump through hoops to try and help members who have been ripped off recoupe their losses???? Right or wrong and it is remember my own personal opinion. Would it also be permissable for those who were taken by Padilla to contact you personally??? That is my 2 cents.... These scams have to stop. Please help.

Chazz of Blades
01-21-2011, 10:27 AM
No. It would still be wrong for him to start dumping all the information on this guy. Possibly even illegal, I think that now that this is cleared up it should be dropped, no pressuring Destra into doing things.

Leave it, before it just gets worse.

fmnrd
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Chazz: Anybody that has bought a trike from him has all his info .Not sure why they are not calling him instead of pointing the finger at me ?

Mosh
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Just for the record, I only questioned the ebay account name change info, since the statements and timelines by FMNRD did not add up.
I never linked FMNRD with Padilla or the scammer. FMNRD said straight out ,that he had some sort of involvement with him, "the scammer" so that is where the involvement and relation comes in. (And if he chooses to share info on tracking down a scammer or not, that is his right to do so, or remain silent). In the same breath, that info passed on to the people involved privately would be best for all parties.
There is no viable evidence that FMNRD has had any issues on this forum with transactions, other than some extra accounts signed up, and that is a good thing in his favor.
But these scams are not just on small items, stickers, and parts, and not limited to this forum. These bait and switch things are involving parts, and large dollar amount machines and purchases, and are coming from Ebay and CL as well as past issues here.
Some of the victims just happen to be members here so that is how word gets spread.
People are being told machines are mint, and they are arriving in salvage condition in some cases, maybe at only half of what was described, for the most part out of the SO Cal area.
So the old saying goes, where there is smoke,,you know the rest.

Hopefully this will all get sorted out, for the sake of names involved, and the safety of people in this hobby.
Look I know some of you have opinons on the matter of this scam and the people involved, in the Cali area. However, many of you may be a little too new to the hobby, or are lacking information, to understand how deep it runs.
And whoever invited me to put my ass on the line and send money for a test, well I have no desire to do so. And that is just good business choice. I look at what I see and know, and hear from trustworthy people, and make my own personal purchasing decisions. You may as well just told me to jump in shark infested waters with a open wound..

Remember guys, that this forum is not the only place that has trike enthusiasts and collectors. Just because there is 3ww.com, does not mean it is the be all end all, of trike enthusiasts and collectors. There are a huge number of folks that do not come on these forums that are in the hobby and buy and sell outside this forum, and there is alot of complaints about this scam circling around outside these forums. Too many to turn a blind eye to.

Until then, if FMNRD can build good feedback here, then by all means I am all for that, as long as it falls within the rules of buying and selling on this forum.
(There may be business I want to do with him in the future, and we can always use another trustworthy enthusiast.) But I strongly believe that FMNRD distancing himself from said scammer, is definately a wise choice and would go a long way.

Just some free advice till things get figured out (and that could be never).
Any large or (questionable) purchases from miles away (especially in this mentioned California region) should be checked out in person, or by someone you can trust to go look at the machine and physically watch it be loaded to ship.

fmnrd
01-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Mosh
Couple follow up comments to your post
What more info can I provide that he has not already given to the buyers ?
My involment with him was on a bussiness level period . He paid me to sell a few trikes . I sold them I got paid and buyers got what EXACLTY was advertised
Again I had ONE other 3ww account not "extra accounts " I already gave full explaination in earlyier post of why I had the extra acount .
My Trikes that I sell are ALWAYS avalible to be purchased in person , previewed at my place of bussiness by the buyer or friend or relative .Yes I have had guys send friends or relitives to do so .I prefer this as they usually bring cash which is always a good thing! I have had a buyer from Louisianna send his 65 year old Uncle over to check out the bike ,met me and pay me before shipping .
As far as my 3WW feedback goes .I already have some feedback .I have never ( mosly because of time )pimped for feedback on here or Ebay .I now see how important it is on sites other than Ebay .I have feedback on another trikes website (for 81 -84 air cooled trikes) in fact I have been given my own store there . I will definalty start asking guys to leave me feedback here on 3WW now that my reputation is in question . I will make the prediction that before long I will have more positive feedback on 3WW than any other member .
Mosh thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the situation . Hope to met you at the INVASION .

CRAZY70MAN
01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Chazz: Anybody that has bought a trike from him has all his info .Not sure why they are not calling him instead of pointing the finger at me ?

The only info obviously that anyone has is either bogus or old contact numbers for him since no one can get a hold of him if I am not mistaken? Would you consider posting any contact numbers you have for him, current address, bikes sold and or links to any known parts sold or sales?? Not pointing the finger at you, just asked for your hand......a helping one that is in any extra info for Padilla????? Do you know anyone else that knows him that some of the ripped off people could contact?Other buyers, etc etc.???? Thanks for any of your help in advance. I am sure it would be appreciated by the forum if you could post any info.:beer

george53
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I have just (January 2011) bought a beautiful 1985 Honda 250R from Frank FMNRD - It was purchased on eBay and was just as described, shipped well and quickly - a very good transaction. I am now also the winning bidder on "West Coast Vintage ATV" (Duane Padilla's) eBay auction for a Mint (according to the picture) 1982 Honda 250R 3 wheeler. Communication with him has been very difficult - I have not yet paid him for it, as he has been very slow to provide information for a wire transfer. Now that I have requested his full name, SS#, home address, and DOB, he has refused to give the info and is requesting that I send him a certified check instead. I am preparing to send the check today but am now having concerns due to finding this thread.....Thanks George

fabiodriven
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
You should have more than concerns. Do not send that check.

harryredtrike
02-03-2011, 11:32 AM
do not send a certified check.

thestud25
02-03-2011, 12:03 PM
I have just (January 2011) bought a beautiful 1985 Honda 250R from Frank FMNRD - It was purchased on eBay and was just as described, shipped well and quickly - a very good transaction. I am now also the winning bidder on "West Coast Vintage ATV" (Duane Padilla's) eBay auction for a Mint (according to the picture) 1982 Honda 250R 3 wheeler. Communication with him has been very difficult - I have not yet paid him for it, as he has been very slow to provide information for a wire transfer. Now that I have requested his full name, SS#, home address, and DOB, he has refused to give the info and is requesting that I send him a certified check instead. I am preparing to send the check today but am now having concerns due to finding this thread.....Thanks George

I would bail on that auction!

hang&rattle
02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
C'mon man, use your head. Any red light goin' off up there for you? And report this to e-bay immediately. I had a bill collector send me a notice to pay them $6.000.00 for an unpaid debt. I called and asked 'for what debt'. They said they couldn't give me that information. I asked for their business license # and he said he wasn't allowed to give that either. I asked to speak to the supervisor and the supervisor's name, 'he's busy'. I told the guy 'do you expect me to send 6 grand for an unpaid debt I don't have to a company that won't give me there business licence or let me talk to someone in charge?'. Now, my I.Q. is much to high to deal with stupid people, so I referred it to a federal agency (idiots also), the Better Business Bureau. They busted this company a few months later in Missoula MT. The scam company got shut down, lol. Let e-bay deal with this dude, unless you want to drop your I.Q. to try to do so.

rdlsz24
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Don't send money! You need to bail now.

Rob

dcreel
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Or go down there and put it on a crate for shipping yourself.

Tbcoplin
02-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Don't send him Money. Once I sent the $$, I could only get him to text. He would never answer his phone. What address did he ask you to send it to?? Just curious ??? Did he tell you he worked night shift at a Toyota dealership or something to that nature??

george53
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I did not send him money. I attempted to have an acquaintance deliver cash to him and pick up the unit at one time. He refused to do this - indicating to me that he is a full fledged scam artist. I contacted him at his work place - Rancho Viejo Flooring located at 1701 Corporate Dr in Ladera Ranch, CA 92694. His phone number at this place of business is 949-276-2996 and 949-302-0500. I only spoke with him once as he only would text, almost never answering his phone and almost never answering emails. Every communication from him was incomplete and evasive. I don't know him as Frank, his business listed two owners: Duane and his twin brother Mark Padilla. They seem to be in the wood flooring business. The reason I did not end up sending money was due to the comments and discussion about him on this website. Many thanks to you guys who had the balls to post what you knew. By the way, I have had to sue people out of state - it was a breeze - $47 in local general district court will get you a court date, the bum will not show which will get you a judgement. Very easy! Thanks again all. And if you know of a mint 86 Tecate 3 - please let me know. George