PDA

View Full Version : Electric Guitar ideas....

Russell 350X
10-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Me and a few of my friends might be starting a heavy metal band, with the possible name of Flatline. I'm looking for a guitar for $250 or less, and these are the nice ones I've found. Does anyone have any experience with them???

Ibanez RG321 (looks like the K-7, but has a wammy bar)

Inbanez GRX20 (also like K-7 and RG321 but has some differences)

B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. A friend of mine has this one and it is wicked.

Any help would be apperciated :) :) :)

Kilborg
10-03-2003, 11:57 PM
All 3 of these are great axes. I play a bit, and I like ibanez. Bc richie makes some great stuff too (im more familiar with the bass'es though)Right now i jam on a fender telecaster...

Really though, the best thing to do is play all 3 of them, see what one you like best.

3WheelHouston
10-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Get a used axe dude. You can get them good as new and for a helluvalot cheaper. As in a better guitar for the same price. Good band name too.

CHAINSAW
10-04-2003, 07:10 PM
BC RICH guitars are cheap junk.. Ive been playing for over 10 years, so I know a little about guitars. Ibanez makes real good guitars... and Ive never had to take one to the shop. I dont suggest your first one to have a floating bridge, or floyd rose tremolo. You will fight to get it, and keep it in tune just starting out. (newbies strum to hard, and are always outta tune.. lol)
Dont under estimate a peavey guitar either. Thats what I started with, and mine still works fine with no problems. I play mainly Jacksons myself, but mainly american made ones, and those are a little pricey for a beginner.
Fender and Gibson are okay, but Ive never been a fan of either. To sum it up, Id stick with an ibanez for your first. They have a nice action, are very reliable, and can stand to be dropped, kicked, and abused, and they still work good.

Russell 350X
10-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm getting the Ibanez RG321. I'm gonna get a cheap 15 or 20watt amp to start till I get some cash then I'm gonna try to get a Crate half-stack of somekind. Me and a few friends are thinking about putting a band together.

Wickedfinger
10-05-2003, 03:27 AM
I used to work for Ibanez back in the day (Hoshino MGF) and I've been playing the guitar for just over 20yrs, You'll thank yourself for getting the Ibbie - BC rich are cheap junk. My friend Rick had a Warlock and it was garbage (then again he had a Kramer too, and I didn't care for it either)Personally I play Gibson's - An SG90, an SG custom Tony Iommi model and a Les Paul Studio Lite along with a '68 pre-Gibson Epiphone Texan and a Taylor acustic, but you would be a lucky dog to find any Gibson anywhere near $250. Just a thought, you might want to actually learn to play the guitar before you name the band you will be playing it in ... lol.

Ace Mon
10-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Gibsons are great .... Epiphone is owned by Gibson . I myself own a Jackson ..... a good Guitar for the money . But not a great guitar . Anyway I pump my fist and say " Flatline Rules "

Wickedfinger
10-07-2003, 12:27 AM
.. lol ACE, you need to put a spiked gauntlet on your hand and scream it to the plastic skull you just happen to be holding at the time. (ala Bruce Dickensen). My Texan was made the last year Epiphone was in business for itself befor Gibson bought them and turned them into theair "second class" guitars - the pre-Gibson Epi's are considered to be of much better quality and sound than the Gibson ones.